Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up

Burgold

AGG to IR.  He just hasn't been able to get going.  I can see him having a tough time making the squad next year.  Unless they keep the expanded PS rules.  Harmon will be back competing and I'm assuming they sign a starting caliber free agent. Then whoever held over that's already in front of him.  At this point, Isaiah Wright has surpassed him.

15 minutes ago, justice98 said:

AGG to IR.  He just hasn't been able to get going.  I can see him having a tough time making the squad next year.  Unless they keep the expanded PS rules.  Harmon will be back competing and I'm assuming they sign a starting caliber free agent. Then whoever held over that's already in front of him.  At this point, Isaiah Wright has surpassed him.

4rth right? Meh. Gamble pick. It's fine.

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

4rth right? Meh. Gamble pick. It's fine.

Our 4ths never work out...

Even though 3 out of the last 4 drafts we had TWO 4th rounders, and still none of them worked.

2020 - AGG, and

2020  - Charles (both just hit IR)

2019 - Wes Martin, and

2019- Bryce Love

2018 - Apke

2017 - Perine, and

2017 - Nicholson

2016 - No Pick

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Our 4ths never work out...

Even though 3 out of the last 4 drafts we had TWO 4th rounders, and still none of them worked.

2020 - AGG, and

2020  - Charles (both just hit IR)

2019 - Wes Martin, and

2019- Bryce Love

2018 - Apke

2017 - Perine, and

2017 - Nicholson

2016 - No Pick

Day 3 is a crap shoot. 30 years ago you had to be pretty tough and not an idiot to play in the league. Now, there is about 200 good football players because the athlete has become so insane and the game so protected. If you can grab one in the later rounds, great.

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Any Idea when Steve Sims Jr is set to come back? if at all?? I know he was placed on IR but it was for a "toe" injury how long will it keep him out...I really think he adds good route running skills to the corps and will help open up the offense a bit.

He's close. He returned to practice today.

Or maybe Foster is the next man up

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

Does anyone know why Isaiah Wright is above Steven Sims in the depth chart? He has less shake and can't run routes. Sims has his drops and fumbling issues but the guy has proven he can get open in the intermediate range of the field

19 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Today was Cam Sims' coming out party

3 huge catches.

Anxious to see what he, Terry and Alex can do together after getting a week of 1st Team reps

All of his catches were ones where he was open against the zone. We need to see him make some contested catches. That being said, if he can show up as even an average no. 2 WR, that solves a lot of problems.

I dont put too much stock in Cam Sims day.  It was good for him, but it almost looked like 2 of the 3 were busted zone coverages with nobody near him.  I'll take it, I just didn't see anything that made me think we saw the coming out party.  I did appreciate all 3 catches had a run after catch component.  He hasn't touched the ball enough to really see that, so that was nice to see he had that in his toolbox.

Edited by justice98
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, justice98 said:

I dont put too much stock in Cam Sims day.  It was good for him, but it almost looked like 2 of the 3 were busted zone coverages with nobody near him.  I'll take it, I just didn't see anything that made me think we saw the coming out party.  I did appreciate all 3 catches had a run after catch component.  He hasn't touched the ball enough to really see that, so that was nice to see he had that in his toolbox.

If nothing else, he took advantage of playing time and made the most of it. That alone has to help his confidence and the confidence the coaches have in him. Seeing what Cam did today makes me glad we didn't go out and trade for AJ Green or another older vet, maybe Cam can be the guy opposite of T-Mac? Cam must have some NFL potential because both coaching staffs have stayed with him....

Sweet Jesus Logan Thomas had a miserable day yesterday.

He tried to pick up the fumble instead of just falling on it, dropped two well thrown balls that both hit him right in the ****ing hands, committed a holding penalty and a whole bunch of other stuff my subconscious has permitted me from remembering.

Man do we need to upgrade the tight end position.

• Like 2

AGG is taking longer to contribute than I had hoped. Steven Sims also seems to have less of a role than many expected. I had decent expectations for both guys coming into the season.

Surprised Cam is finally contributing more after a couple of years of hype and letdown. 

Well I'm excited for the Jeff Badet era.

Was happy to see Cam Sims have a bit of a breakout game.  If he can solidify himself over the rest of the season, that'll go a long way to shore up this group.  TMC is a #1, no doubt about it...I think it'll be a stretch for Cam Sims to hit #2 status but if he can, or even become a #3 type, it'll be a big improvement.  It seems Smith has a connection with him, maybe there's room for optimism here.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, IrepDC said:

Honestly no I didn't know he had an injury. What was it? 

Hammy

3 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

I love McKissic and agree he's been great and will continue to be, but the timing of this is ironic, considering that his slip-up was so costly that it may have cost us the NYG game

47 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I'm confused by the odd timing of this.

Jeff Badet was actually on the field in live game play, before the date they announced that he was signed from the PS.

he was a game day practice squad activation, every week you can have up to two of them and you can do that for each player twice.  Badet's had his two games, so this means they want to keep using him, so they had  to sign him to the active roster

• Like 2