Veryoldschool

Let's All Get Behind Alex Smith! Or Not!! (M.E.T.) NO kirk talk---that goes in ATN forum

Recommended Posts

We got a new but proven franchise QB that Snyder and management is committed to coming in on a 5 year deal so let's all get behind him and make him feel welcome.  Let the honeymoon begin!

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is "What we said about Donovan McNabb 8 years ago"?

 

I'll take "Repeated Extremeskins Beliefs" for $1000, Alex.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

What is "What we said about Donovan McNabb 8 years ago"?

 

I'll take "Repeated Extremeskins Beliefs" for $1000, Alex.

 

Image result for alex smith

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said in the other thread, my sincere condolences to you. Welcome aboard to the misery train, known as the Redskins.

 

I wish you the best of luck. Sadly, after being our QB for one year; you probably find being our QB, just something to pay the bills. The joy of playing football, will be sucked right out of you.

 

So, welcome Alex.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This message has my support as well as Alex Smith. When I signed up for this for Life 39 years ago excuse me 40 years ago it means for life... Do I approve of the trade or what happened no I don't I wanted Kirk Cousins to be our long-time quarterback but like many unless I was a mouse in the corner I would have no idea what's going on in the front office or what's going on with players. Is it our front office being complete douchebags again or was it Kirk Cousins being a douchebag? no one really knows... so for me until I am 100% out I will always be 100% in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I support him 100% until he throws a 2 yard pass on 3rd and 10. 

 

:)

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

What is "What we said about Donovan McNabb 8 years ago"?

 

I'll take "Repeated Extremeskins Beliefs" for $1000, Alex.

Its incredible to me. Its literally the exact same trade except we also lost a talented stud young CB.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

After his first practice with us when he realizes we don't have a Kelce, Hunt, or Hill to throw to I fully expect to run into him at a local tavern some point this Fall, slumped over the bar.

Edited by BurgundyBooger
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

After his first practice with us when he realizes we don't have a Kelce, Hunt, or Hill to throw to I fully expect to run into him at a local tavern some point this Fall, slumped over the bar.

 

You act like we have no weapons at all? Thompson, Reed and Crowder can all play the game.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is nice to see from the OP who we all know is a stout KC supporter. I'll have Alex's back the minute he is officially a Redskin. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So there is already a trade thread to discuss if this was the best/worst trade in the history of the Redskins and people are debating the relative merits of Alex over there and prognosticating on if he will win 3 games or 13 games.  Can we not just have a thread to welcome the guy to his new team without all of the snark?  

 

Once the season begins bash away to your hearts content if he is not performing but can we try not to act like the ****ty fanbase the media says we are for just a couple of months. 

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Willing to give the guy a shot. Wasn't overly impressed with his career numbers, but he is safe and doesn't turn the ball over, so that's good. At least he WANTS to be here as opposed to that other guy who shall not be named.

Who knows, maybe he will light it up with Reed and Thompson. The guy does know how to win games and has done far more good than bad, so I'm ok with it. In any event he's what we got going forward so he's got my support.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

So there is already a trade thread to discuss if this was the best/worst trade in the history of the Redskins and people are debating the relative merits of Alex over there and prognosticating on if he will win 3 games or 13 games.  Can we not just have a thread to welcome the guy to his new team without all of the snark?  

 

Once the season begins bash away to your hearts content if he is not performing but can we try not to act like the ****ty fanbase the media says we are for just a couple of months. 

 

 

My thoughts exactly!  We had thoughts and attitudes about his predecessor and about the trade, it’s time to let those thoughts go and embrace our new champion and get some enjoyment out of the FA and draft.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is more like it!!! :cheers:

 

We have a franchise quarterback with playoff (and superbowl) experience locked down for years.  Finally stability at the position by someone who wants to be here!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure. 

 

Welcome Alex. I hope you do well in the uni.

 

Unfortunately we are not a patient fan base, so I guess I'm saying I really hope you do well... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BurgundyBooger said:

After his first practice with us when he realizes we don't have a Kelce, Hunt, or Hill to throw to I fully expect to run into him at a local tavern some point this Fall, slumped over the bar.

 

Reed, Crowder, Thompson and now Richardson are some nice weapons if healthy. Don't sleep on Vernon he can still play at a high level and played with him in SF. Doctson develops and draft a bellcow at RB I could get optimistic about that.

Doesn't seem like a bad place to be for Alex. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First you couldn’t use a calendar & now you misspelled “Vikings”. :silly:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

We got a new but proven franchise QB that Snyder and management is committed to coming in on a 5 year deal so let's all get behind him and make him feel welcome.  Let the honeymoon begin!

 

With all the Shotgun formations Jay likes to run, I believe you'll only have 1 RB behind Alex Smith at a time...

 

So no sure we'll be allowed to stand behind him when he plays.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, TheBlueIndian said:

 

Reed, Crowder, Thompson and now Richardson are some nice weapons if healthy. Don't sleep on Vernon he can still play at a high level and played with him in SF. Doctson develops and draft a bellcow at RB I could get optimistic about that.

Doesn't seem like a bad place to be for Alex. 

 

Honestly, "If healthy" has been kicking our ass for years now. I'm over Reed, and as much as I love the little Seminole, he's had do many brutal injuries I'm not sure what's left. Gruden basically had him under what amounts to football quarantine for 3 seasons, and when he finally decided to put the team on his shoulders, he bit the big one again. Just seems like we have a ton of question marks surrounding Smith right now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

We got a new but proven franchise QB that Snyder and management is committed to coming in on a 5 year deal so let's all get behind him and make him feel welcome.  Let the honeymoon begin!

 

Pretty sure you'd get behind him, knife in hand, wearing a nice purple Cousins jersey :rofl89:

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.