Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's All Get Behind Alex Smith! Or Not!! (M.E.T.) NO kirk talk---that goes in ATN forum

Veryoldschool

21 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

And no this is not the norm for the 7th ranked QB lol. The 7th ranked QB, no matter who you think it is, will have a great deep ball. 

Okay Smith isn’t trash tier. He’s better than every backup in the league at least and can manage a SB contending team to a playoff win or two.

But he is not worth what we invested into him and he isn’t anywhere near as good as Cousins. I consider him average out of all the QBs in the NFL.

Yep you are right, I am just still pissed at the fact we traded Fuller for him. So trash tier is def over exaggeration, but he is not a QB any team should trust to win games or even lead a team successfully.

He looks good and his wife is hot, but that is about all he has going for him. EDIT: Oh and he is super rich...

28 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

Keep in mind, some of these "new Redskins posters" are very likely more of the weird obsessed Alex haters from that other KC forum. 

There's no way they were going to stay away when things get rocky. The several years war of Alex Smith has left some serious scarring that won't ever die. I'm sorry that this had to be brought to your forum, and it likely gets worse before better. 

I admit that I have and will be called an Alex apologist, but much like SIP stated a day or so ago, I really embrace the concept of football being a TEAM game. I also said and stand by my words that Alex Smith is consistent. He won't carry the team when they are failing all around him. He can be frustrating, but he also will typically be very low on the list of reasons for why the team loses. 

Alex is my boy, but I'm going to keep things honest in the criticisms I see. As opposed to that KC forum that has almost no moderation, this place will not become the cesspool that they.. that we.. made it to be there. Go Skins!

Oh, so you are confirming what the other strange guy said?  

5 hours ago, justice98 said:

You know what's also frustrating, watching the Chiefs be decisive and proactive about the QB position when they had a guy in hand. 

Something tells me that when we part with Smith in a few years, we wont have the foresight and scouting aptitude to get somebody in house that's good enough to take over.  We'll go into the offseason not knowing who the QB will be.

Andy Reid has fleeced us twice with QBs.  Amazing that we keep falling for it.

1 minute ago, skins4eva said:

Andy Reid has fleeced us twice with QBs.  Amazing that we keep falling for it.

Hold the train its just 2 games, there is no cause to go there yet.  Let's stay positive and supportive when the season is still a newborn.  We know where the pitchforks, torches, and boiling tar is if events warrant use but now is the time for sunshine and light.

Just now, Veryoldschool said:

Hold the train its just 2 games, there is no cause to go there yet.  Let's stay positive and supportive when the season is still a newborn.  We know where the pitchforks, torches, and boiling tar is if events warrant use but now is the time for sunshine and light.

OK.  You are right re: Alex Smith.  I'm more than willing to give him time. Gruden?  Not so much.  

Yeah let's slow down a bit on the Alex bashing. I'm a Kirk guy and you will never convince me it was a good move to let him walk. But we were lucky to get a QB at least this good, we could very well have gone into the season with Tyrod Taylor or worse.  

But it still sucks that our inept team put us in this position. Alex Smith is who he is and as I said in another thread down 2 scores late we have no hope, think the Colts fans would have felt the same had the score been reversed?  As someone put it Bruce traded for a 34 year old QB who put us in a win now position without a roster able to contend now.  The future appears hopeless.  

19 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Oh, so you are confirming what the other strange guy said?  

I'm confirming that I am a new Redskins' fan, in large part due to Alex Smith joining the team, yes. 

As far as the back and forth hostility that affected the KC forum, there's no chance of that being a problem though, since there is actual moderation here. I like that. You won't have any problems with me. 

6 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Yeah let's slow down a bit on the Alex bashing. I'm a Kirk guy and you will never convince me it was a good move to let him walk. But we were lucky to get a QB at least this good, we could very well have gone into the season with Tyrod Taylor or worse.  

But it still sucks that our inept team put us in this position. Alex Smith is who he is and as I said in another thread down 2 scores late we have no hope, think the Colts fans would have felt the same had the score been reversed?  As someone put it Bruce traded for a 34 year old QB who put us in a win now position without a roster able to contend now.  The future appears hopeless.  

For a guy who starts out saying let's slow down on the Smith bashing you get into bashing yourself pretty quick.

46 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

I'm confirming that I am a new Redskins' fan, in large part due to Alex Smith joining the team, yes. 

As far as the back and forth hostility that affected the KC forum, there's no chance of that being a problem though, since there is actual moderation here. I like that. You won't have any problems with me. 

Your profile says Redskin fan since 1980, you gonna change that?

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I agree somewhat. But Kirk and his teams sure seem to have bad luck when it comes to winning games. Just saying.

He’s played 2 games with his only other team and won one of them, tied the other on the road in GB against Rodgers with a FG kicker that got cut today for missing so many pivotal kicks.  Dude led his team back and threw for 425 and 4 touchdowns in a game where his defense wasn’t so hot....in a new system with new weapons.

Perhaps the time will come at some point this season where you won’t look bitter when sharing your opinion on Kirk but this isn’t the week for that.

I’m sure Cousins will have a stinker at some point, perhaps even the same week where Alex and the Skins play well.  Save your material for then if it happens.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

He’s played 2 games with his only other team and won one of them, tied the other on the road in GB against Rodgers with a FG kicker that got cut today for missing so many pivotal kicks.  Dude led his team back and threw for 425 and 4 touchdowns in a game where his defense wasn’t so hot....in a new system with new weapons.

Perhaps the time will come at some point this season where you won’t look bitter when sharing your opinion on Kirk but this isn’t the week for that.

I’m sure Cousins will have a stinker at some point, perhaps even the same week where Alex and the Skins play well.  Save your material for then if it happens.

Fair enough. I just dont really get the entire argument in all honesty. I mean the guy made it perfectly clear that he didnt want to be here. (Not that I can blame him. Who wants to play for this clown show of a franchise) But it really is a non point as far as arguing about it goes. 

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

ALEX SMITH IS NOT GOOD. Why do people still think he is?

1 hour ago, Sandy Monk said:

7 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

Should I ? 

I have been a Redskins fan since 80. Just not a Redskins-only fan. Is that okay here? 

Mmmm OK. And did they really change your name to Sandy Vagina? :806:

Just now, London Kev said:

Mmmm OK. And did they really change your name to Sandy Vagina? :806:

First, it was Sandy Cheeks. When I embraced that name happily, they changed it to the Vag, yes. 

The mods there were passionate Smith-haters. They gradually quarantined and eventually banned all but two of the Alex fans on questionable charges. I am the last remaining there that is free to post anywhere, at least for now. Why am I the last? Because the mods always struggled to boot me.

I'm actually a decent, fair person. That place has quite a mob mentality and bully effect to anyone that doesn't match what they want. They tell people, mods do it as well, to die in an aids fire, or to sodomize yourself with a rusty bat, etc. They will even talk about how unfortunate your children must be. There are very few things there that are deemed out of bounds. 

Anyway, I just intended to answer your question. I actually HATE shifting the topic, and especially hate shifting it on me. So, that's it for me. 

Alex Smith. May he play better, and not lose trust downfield with his targets. Even if they don't yet deserve his trust, he has to open up his game. Peace. 

1 hour ago, Veryoldschool said:

For a guy who starts out saying let's slow down on the Smith bashing you get into bashing yourself pretty quick.

Yeah I can see why you wrote that.  I'm more frustrated at my team than I am with Smith's play as this is the exact guy we traded for.  I started by saying it could be worse, and it could be, but it's also clear this team with or without Alex Smith is going nowhere.  

2 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

First, it was Sandy Cheeks. When I embraced that name happily, they changed it to the Vag, yes. 

The mods there were passionate Smith-haters. They gradually quarantined and eventually banned all but two of the Alex fans on questionable charges. I am the last remaining there that is free to post anywhere, at least for now. Why am I the last? Because the mods always struggled to boot me.

I'm actually a decent, fair person. That place has quite a mob mentality and bully effect to anyone that doesn't match what they want. They tell people, mods do it as well, to die in an aids fire, or to sodomize yourself with a rusty bat, etc. They will even talk about how unfortunate your children must be. There are very few things there that are deemed out of bounds. 

Anyway, I just intended to answer your question. I actually HATE shifting the topic, and especially hate shifting it on me. So, that's it for me. 

Alex Smith. May he play better, and not lose trust downfield with his targets. Even if they don't yet deserve his trust, he has to open up his game. Peace. 

No problem, mate. I'm just messing with you.

I'm not naive, there's probably many people on this site who aren't exactly what they say they are, but you kinda got found out and I found that funny. You're a Redskin fan now, so that's all that matters and you can put whatever you want on your profile, it's your decision.

HTTR, new fans and old. :cheers: 

1 minute ago, Veryoldschool said:

It looks like Alex came with message board baggage, some pro-Alex guys and anti-Alex guys.  As if our own characters weren't color on the board.  I think my Ignore list is getting some additions.

Hope to not be on it already, but if so, ok. No hard feelings. I do come in peace. 

Archived