Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Veryoldschool

Let's All Get Behind Alex Smith! Or Not!! (M.E.T.) NO kirk talk---that goes in ATN forum

13 hours ago, thamajinforte said:

Tank for 20-Tua

The Crimson Skins, coming to a city near you.

We always do just enough to go 4-12/5-11. When we trotted out Beck back in '11 (who, for all I used to say about Patrick Ramsey and other mentally besieged qb's, was the worse id ever seen) I thought we had a chance at Andrew Luck. Then we brought Gross Man back and won like 2-3 extra games.

Never been one to vehemently encourage tanking, but when you know the guy getting you the W aint the answer, it's sort of hollow.

1 hour ago, bobafett14 said:

Here is what you guys have to look forward to if you limp into the playoffs.

Dude, do everyone a favor and GTFO of here. We don't need your trolling

We know what Alex Smith is. Most of us knew before Idiot Bruce Allen brought him here. I knew he was a big downgrade, and I was livid about his contract that Bruce gave him. We know. So **** off with your bad self.

So, why the **** do you go back to watching your ****ing Chiefs play, and stop coming over here and rubbing our nose in it. Or don't you have anything else better to do with your time?

If you don't, trust me, I can offer a suggestion or 2.:chair:

I'm just trying to drive the point home for those of you who have fallen for his BS. I know you are out there.

It is all lies.

24 minutes ago, bobafett14 said:

I'm just trying to drive the point home for those of you who have fallen for his BS. I know you are out there.

It is all lies.

Oh, and it's going to be YOUR posts that are going to do that?

Not the numbers?

Not the actual play?

Not the stories coming out that Gruden is really frustrated with Alex?

These won't convince others, but your troll posts will?

Give me a ****ing break.

News Flash: Those that are doubling down on Alex are going to continue to do so, your tolling or not. Hell, even your buddy Sandy Monk is off the bandwagon, and not due to your posting. So, I would suggest to either move on, or post without trolling actual 'skins fans. You're not one, and that's fine. but at least contribute something.

Gruden just said he is getting to where we want him to. So in another words he is not where we, as the fans, thought he would be by game #4. Guess he is still learning Gruden's system and with Crowder and Thompson out is probably making it harder.  

2 hours ago, bobafett14 said:

It is all lies.

I gather this is about some of the new Redskins fans who followed Alex from KC's board to here?  And they pushed Alex or thought he was better than Mahomes on the KC board?

Otherwise, i don't think there was a big rallying cry here (with some exceptions) for Alex Smith or us even caring to compare him to Mahomes.  Alex versus Mahomes is a KC thing not a thing here.   Saying that because the people that jump here from KC like to bring up Mahomes and don't see the relevance.

People here compared him to Kirk.  Most of us albeit not all saw him as a downgrade from Kirk.   He's been worst than advertised so far, I'll grant you that.  

fett, and certain others of similar persuasion, are meeting grisly fates.

these are the mean streets.

Those damn wins though. Yes, this and limited TOs is all got at the moment.

Come on Alex, give me some ammo to fend off the mob. A 6-3 record will do just fine. Let’s get it! 

#intangibles 

On 11/7/2018 at 3:28 PM, wit33 said:

Those damn wins though. Yes, this and limited TOs is all got at the moment.

Come on Alex, give me some ammo to fend off the mob. A 6-3 record will do just fine. Let’s get it! 

#intangibles 

6-3 and I'll be climbing back on the Alex is the Man! bandwagon and acting like I never had doubts and won't be requiring the little pill blue for at least a week.  

We need this win! Alex it’s on you this week. Do or don’t. I think you will succeed. Let’s strap that saddle on and do the damn thing.

1 hour ago, JPG said:

We need this win! Alex it’s on you this week. Do or don’t. I think you will succeed. Let’s strap that saddle on and do the damn thing.

Tampa's defense is atrocious.   Alex seems limited so far.  His weapons don't do YAC.    The combination can be almost painful to watch.  But this could be a coming out party.  Their secondary can't stop anyone.

On 11/9/2018 at 4:46 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

Tampa's defense is atrocious.   Alex seems limited so far.  His weapons don't do YAC.    The combination can be almost painful to watch.  But this could be a coming out party.  Their secondary can't stop anyone.

I suppose thats whats so sad.  I am happy we are 6-3.  But the more I watch Alex Smith, the more Im convinced Chase Daniels would be an upgrade.  I know we are down a few linemen and receivers.  But Alex Smith was just able to put up 16 points on the worst defense in 45 years despite being handed 4 turnovers!

I mean, its hard to be worse than that.  Also, Jay Gruden is supposed to be an offensive coach, so if he is worth anything how come its the defense holding this team together?

25 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

I suppose thats whats so sad.  I am happy we are 6-3.  But the more I watch Alex Smith, the more Im convinced Chase Daniels would be an upgrade.  I know we are down a few linemen and receivers.  But Alex Smith was just able to put up 16 points on the worst defense in 45 years despite being handed 4 turnovers!

I mean, its hard to be worse than that.  Also, Jay Gruden is supposed to be an offensive coach, so if he is worth anything how come its the defense holding this team together?

6-3!  Maybe not the prettiest or most talented 6-3 team but 6-3 nonetheless and Gruden deserves credit because his teams compete even when beat up and they have start bus station guys on the OL.  So I recommend you savior the win and look forward to some more because this team may not know they are ugly and if they win enough we will all start to see the beauty in scratching out victories dinking and dunking to get field goals and playing defense.

1 minute ago, Veryoldschool said:

6-3!

Yes 6-3...

Arizona Cardinals  2-7

Carolina Panthers 6-3

Green Bay Packers 3-4-1

New York Giants 1-7

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 3-6

Dallas Cowboys 3-5

New Orleans Saints 8-1

Atlanta Falcons 4-5

Indianapolis Colts 4-5

Carolina is our only good win, Otherwise it's been crappy opposition.

We haven't faced great competition so far, and cosidering how we had trouble to bring Fitzpatrick down today, I'm wondering how we'll deal with Wentz...

52 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Yes 6-3...

Arizona Cardinals  2-7

Carolina Panthers 6-3

Green Bay Packers 3-4-1

New York Giants 1-7

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 3-6

Dallas Cowboys 3-5

New Orleans Saints 8-1

Atlanta Falcons 4-5

Indianapolis Colts 4-5

Carolina is our only good win, Otherwise it's been crappy opposition.

We haven't faced great competition so far, and cosidering how we had trouble to bring Fitzpatrick down today, I'm wondering how we'll deal with Wentz...

6-3!  We have more mediocre and crappy teams on the schedule also.  If the Eagles revert to 2017 form the Skins are going to lose but maybe they find a way to win and take the division.  Today I choose to be happy with a win on the road and leading the division.

3 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

6-3!  We more mediocre and crappy teams on the schedule also.  If the Eagles revert to 2017 form the Skins are going to lose but maybe they find a way to win and take the division.  Today I choose to be happy with a win on the road and leading the division.

The only crappy we do have are the Giants at their place and the Jaguars. I'm not even sure I'm gonna put the Cowboys in the crappy section. They aren't good, but we aren't either. Titans are seemingly getting their act together as well... So we might be in for a downfall.

It's OK to be happy for the W, I'm perfectly fine with that. But today we won because the Bucs did their perfect old Redskins impersonation with misseg FG, badly timed Ints and stuff like that.

It's OK to be happy to W when you're playing ugly. Great teams are doing that on a basis and explodes things when they're playing good. Problem is we aren't trending upwards. We're trending lateral if not downward. And it's not even due to our patchwork OL that played OK today considering the circumstances.

We've already had shakes of what it looks like when our D is not up to par against Falcons or Saints. Bucs kept on attacking our rookie CBs with lots of success. And we had no real answer on O, and you can see from Jay's face that he's borderline benching Alex Smith for McCoy.

2 more wins and the Skins are .500 for the entire year I think 3 mores wins matches the best of the Dan Snyder era and 4 wins and the Skins finish double digit for the season.  All of those things seem possible tonight.  I see the same worts the rest of you see but despite their flaws the Skins seem to be on the way to a winning season and these are to be cherished!

Was at the game, ugly win, tough at times to watch.  But fun win, ton of Redskins fans there. Big win, too,  

Alex is as Dan Steinberg said is like Tofu - If the rest of the team especially defense plays well they win, and often ugly. If the defenses struggles they lose. He takes on the flavor of everyone else versus putting his own stamp on things.

Alex is sort of Trent Dilfer, the Ravens version, he doesnt seem to win you games, but he doesnt lose them by spoiling the party if the other units are playing really well.  Alex is less than I expected but the defense is more than I exoected.   When the defense creates turnovers good things happen.

Tampa gave this game away. Two missed FG's, a INT and a fumble in the red zone, and a dropped TD. Almost 500 yards of offense and only 3 points? They beat themselves today. And that terrible defense held us to only 16 points and we had what +4 in the turnover dept? That's not going to happen very often.

1 hour ago, Morneblade said:

Tampa gave this game away. Two missed FG's, a INT and a fumble in the red zone, and a dropped TD. Almost 500 yards of offense and only 3 points? They beat themselves today. And that terrible defense held us to only 16 points and we had what +4 in the turnover dept? That's not going to happen very often.

Didnt realize it was 500 yards until i hot back. Wow. They did seem to be able yo move the ball at will but seemed to fall apart in the red zone and missed field goals.

Agree they need to play better than that. To their credit Ryan Anderdon, Swearinger and Jonathan Allen all said they need to play better.

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Didnt realize it was 500 yards until i hot back. Wow. They did seem to be able yo move the ball at will but seemed to fall apart in the red zone and missed field goals.

Agree they need to play better than that. To their credit Ryan Anderdon, Swearinger and Jonathan Allen all said they need to play better.

I expected the yards, but not the complete ineptitude by Tampa in the Red Zone. The completely blew it time and time again. To be fair, the Redskins D did a good job creating the turnovers. Both fumbles were excellent plays, and the INT's were very good plays by the D as well. No guys just dropping the ball, or passes 5 yards over a WR's head.

But Tampa usually does not shot themselves in the foot THIS bad. 5 trips in the Red Zone and 3 points? For a team that was averaging like 26 points a game?

That is teh sux.