Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

.500 In 2018 Would Be A Good Year For The Skins

Veryoldschool

16 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

I want to go 2-14 or 3-13.  Fire and clean house. I actually want the redskins to be the worst team in teh nfl for the next 2 years. 

How does this help unless Dan Snyder sells the team because of revenues implode?  If a two-year collapse forces a sale of the team then I'm all in but I don't see anything to gain from flushing Gruden and the current players.  

21 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I get branded as one of the bigger haters of the FO.  And heck I've posted plenty on it.  So I get why. :)  But oddly enough the macro points (not always the micro ones) I make about the FO often mirrors a lot of the FO defenders.  The FO defenders are often on the train of hey not everything they do is bad, they aren't a bunch of dopes, there is some good with the bad.  They deserve a break.  i actually agree with that except for the they deserve a break part.   IMO a so so operation isn't something I am going to feel good about.   And IMO the FO structure and how they handle things publicly make it a glass half empty feeling of so so.  I'd hope the pinnacle of Dan's reign isn't mediocrity with more of a politician versus a real personnel guy in charge.  

I actually don't know anybody who really "defends" the FO.  Some folks think "at least it's better than the Vinny clown show," and maybe their expectations have been set so low that's almost a passing grade.  

In my opinion, Bruce has clearly indicated by actions more than words that he thinks this is the right setup for the FO.  They had a personnel guy in here in Scot McCloughan, who was forced to leave the organization.  I'm not even going to argue whether that was appropriate or not, because there is no way of knowing.  

However, we know he wasn't replaced.  All they did is shuffle titles around, and never clarified who did what, who had what responsibility or authority.  

This, to me, means that they are comfortable with who they've got.  Now it's prove-it time.  They better draft well, find impact players, and make a run.  Because you can't sell, to an already apathetic fan base, "we're building through the draft, it will take time" after you've been at it for 5 years with Bruce/Jay, and 9 years of Bruce in charge overall. 

I like that Bruce doesn't make reckless FA signings.  But Bruce also IMO is too conservative-cheap.   We've gone from almost one extreme to another.  But the rewards often go to the bold.  That is, if you are bold and smart.  Cerrato was bold but wasn't smart.  Bruce's hallmark to me is that he doesn't overpay -- and by extension when he makes FA mistakes (and arguably he makes a ton of them) at least you can escape the contract after 2 years.  There is some value to that.  But IMO if they want to escape mediocrity -- they need to take more chances.

We went from one extreme to the other.  I really think that the organization believes that if they they can get moderately talented players they can "coach 'em up"  and they are terrified of having another Haynesworth catastrophe.  They have been aggressive on 2 guys, Norman and DJax.  Otherwise it's McClain's and McGee's (Jay couldn't even remember one of their names in an interview, he's so ineffectual), a good value signing here and there like a Swearinger and Zac Brown, but nothing that's going to put them over the top and be competitive for a championship.  

As an aside, to my dying day I will say that the DJax move was a bad one, not due to contract, personality, or talent.  But because of fit.  Under Shanahan, the team was built to have a more athletic, mobile OL with TE's and WRs who could block the outside zone-run game.  

When Gruden was hired in 2014, the OL mostly stayed the same, but we started to whittle down the ability of the TE's and WRs to block.  So the type of running game which best suited the OL was least suited for the outside players.  Guess what: we haven't been able to run the ball since.  Some of that is on the mis-match of personnel, some of it is on the players, and some of it is on the coaching staff for banging their heads against the same wall until bloody while the same thing doesn't work.

This is something a good GM/FO would realize. And they would start to build an OL/RBs who were more suited for a straight-ahead power scheme, because they couldn't rely on the outside guys to do their job in an outside-zone scheme. But apart from Sherff, they have done nothing to build a power-run OL.  Which doesn't really fit with Gruden's passing game anyway.  I don't think ours has caught on yet, and DJax isn't even here anymore.  And the personnel is still jumbled up.  Which is one of the reasons I don't think upgrading at RB is going to do a heck of a lot.  

Norman was a good signing.  

The Eagles are really aggressive.  Trading up and down the draft.  Getting veterans.  Getting high draft picks for their players.  Cerrato used to love to say they are going to be aggressive and won't apologize for that.  Bruce is typically conservative.  Everything being equal, I'd like a balance of the two approaches.  It's great that the team can escape their FA mistakes now better than ever.  But I'd rather risk it more and go for the kill.

There are some indications from beat guys that they might actually be in the go for the kill mode.  If so, great.  That's what i want -- especially with a 34 year old QB -- which doesn't lend to a rebuild or slow burn drill.

Need to Know: The #Redskins have been conservative the last several offseasons while the aggressive Eagles has passed them by. Can they continue the same approach?

It kills me, in 2015 we played the Eagles in week 16 to win the NFC East.  Since then we've gone 8-7-1 and 7-9, and they've won the SB.  Some of that is hitting on a QB.  But clearly not all of it, since Wentz was out for the final few games of the season and the playoffs.

They have not only been aggressive, but smart.  And they are extraordinary well coached.  I know we disagree on this, but in my opinion, we're not even remotely close on level of coaching.  

Dallas is set up with Dak and Zeke and company, and look to be on solid footing for a while.

If we're not aggressive, we are going to be lapped, and will end up in 4th place in the division.  The Eagles are clearly better, and Dallas is probably better right now, Given I think we've lost 5 straight to them or something...

23 hours ago, Unbias said:

I'm going into this season with extremely lowered expectations. Personally I feel Kirk was our Romo, meaning he helped take a 4 win team to 7-10 wins, but wasn't good enough to beat playoff caliber teams. Maybe there's a seamless transition to Alex Smith, but I just get the feeling things will be worse and when focusing on Smith we'll learn what both the 49ers and Chiefs learned over time. 

They learned he won 50 games the past five years for the chiefs and went 19-5-1 his last two seasons with the 49ers. If we learn that we will be fine 

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

As an aside, to my dying day I will say that the DJax move was a bad one, not due to contract, personality, or talent.  But because of fit.  Under Shanahan, the team was built to have a more athletic, mobile OL with TE's and WRs who could block the outside zone-run game.  

To be fair, DJax was a move made the same season we got Gruden, '14. He did fit with Gruden's overall plan, but the problem was we still had a half Gruden, half Shanny running game planned because we didn't refit our entire line. It ended up being the worst of both plans.

1 hour ago, bobandweave said:

They learned he won 50 games the past five years for the chiefs and went 19-5-1 his last two seasons with the 49ers. If we learn that we will be fine 

for the chiefs.......with the 49ers. that was then, this is now. now is with the Washington redskins. you simply cant "learn" a team into existence around ANY quarterback. one would think that lesson would have been abundantly learned by skins fans.

8 hours ago, skinny21 said:

For me (especially with hindsight, lol), losing Garçon and Jackson was frustrating, but I could see why they went with a leap of faith that Pryor, Doctson, Crowder and Reed (as well as the other guys) would be more than serviceable.  I’m actually not sure we could have extended our guys and kept Garçon or Jackson.  

Giving huge deals to 30 year old wide receivers was the old way of doing business. They didn't do anything this year, it was the right move to make.  

1 hour ago, onedrop said:

for the chiefs.......with the 49ers. that was then, this is now. now is with the Washington redskins. you simply cant "learn" a team into existence around ANY quarterback. one would think that lesson would have been abundantly learned by skins fans.

The poster I was quoting said those teams learned what Alex Smith gave them. I posted his starting record. Your reply to me means jack and crap.

Point is to pretend that Alex was trash on those previous two teams is simply some bs. Pretending you know that can’t happen here is also some bs. Time will tell if it can or cant

6 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I actually don't know anybody who really "defends" the FO.  Some folks think "at least it's better than the Vinny clown show," and maybe their expectations have been set so low that's almost a passing grade.  

There some who do.  But the most common refrain usually comes this way from most (not all) of them:

A.  They do something that looks smart.  How about that!  They deserve credit.   As if its vindication because we expect them to do everything wrong.

So basically lets say the front office signs Allen Robinson next week -- it will be hey you guys said these guys are morons who can't get anything right.  Or heck you know Doug drafted Jonathan Allen -- see, see, see -- and you guys said he doesn't know what he's doing. 

I don't know if its a debate tactic on their ends which is to set up the critics perspective as extreme and loony or they actually think the critics see it that way. 

I can't speak for everyone else.  But for me, yeah I expect some smart moves in the mix.   Cerrato made some good moves, too.  It's like any endeavor its about what's the aggregate takeaway.  For me as a whole, its at best a mediocre bunch.  Scott Campbell has been part of the drafts here forever.  The drafts haven't been terrible.  They haven't been great.  Some better than others, some worse.  But as a whole its so so.

I am not celebrating so so.  So heck yeah they are going to draft some good players and sign ones, too.  But are they going to do anything special?  I doubt it.   There is a lot of noise that they will this time.  Cool.  Lets see it.  For me its now or never.  If they don't go for the kill when they got a new 34 year old QB while they let go Kirk to another team -- they IMO never will with this group.  The PR stakes of this season is huge.  So if that doesn't drive them, I think nothing will.

This, to me, means that they are comfortable with who they've got.  Now it's prove-it time.  They better draft well, find impact players, and make a run.  Because you can't sell, to an already apathetic fan base, "we're building through the draft, it will take time" after you've been at it for 5 years with Bruce/Jay, and 9 years of Bruce in charge overall. 

Well said, 100% agree.

We went from one extreme to the other.  I really think that the organization believes that if they they can get moderately talented players they can "coach 'em up"  and they are terrified of having another Haynesworth catastrophe.  They have been aggressive on 2 guys, Norman and DJax.  Otherwise it's McClain's and McGee's (Jay couldn't even remember one of their names in an interview, he's so ineffectual), a good value signing here and there like a Swearinger and Zac Brown, but nothing that's going to put them over the top and be competitive for a championship.  

Perfectly said.  And With Norman and D Jax there were extenuating circumstances.  Both guys were let go late in FA.  Both surprises.  The competition wasn't great for them.  

And they are extraordinary well coached.  I know we disagree on this, but in my opinion, we're not even remotely close on level of coaching.  ...

On Jay its not that I think he's an elite coach but i think he's good.  And in the context of this team -- very good.  I just agree with Ryan Clark's take on what makes a good coach more than anything -- his point is its foremost about their personality and how they relate to players.  I value that highly but that goes double in the crap storm organization like we got here.  Jay's ability to handle crap I value highly.  If I recall you liked to compare him to Norv.  But to me Jay and Norv's personalities are apples to oranges.

I couple that with his passing game which I think he's excellent at.  I don't like how he manages the run game or deals with time management.  But in my view all coaches have flaws maybe save Belichick. 

It's a big year for Jay.  He inherited a QB which begs him to change his system.  If he does so and is successful, I think he'd cement himself as one of the top offensive minds in the leagues.  If he doesn't, then he looks a step behind Andy Reid, Pederson, etc.  I am not really hardcore on any player or coach where I am set in stone, I've changed my mind plenty over time.  If Jay doesn't adapt the offense, I'll be disappointed in him.  But I suspect he will come through.  Will see.

I

It kills me, in 2015 we played the Eagles in week 16 to win the NFC East.  Since then we've gone 8-7-1 and 7-9, and they've won the SB.  Some of that is hitting on a QB.  But clearly not all of it, since Wentz was out for the final few games of the season and the playoffs.

They have not only been aggressive, but smart. 

I agree.  To me Bruce is the QB equivalent of being check down Charlie.  He throws mostly conservative passes.  And then he and some of the people who applaud him talk about how Bruce has just turned the operation into an adult one which doesn't make a lot of mistakes.   Yeah he's sort of the John Beck versus Rex Grossman version of failure here.  Vinny would throw wild dumb passes and keep flinging it like Rex.  Maybe Mark Brunell is more in point for Bruce -- in that Bruce isn't awful at the game -- but below average maybe at best I can concede he's so so. 

But I've noticed some people including Cooley who had Bruce's back mostly in the past has turned on Bruce on this conservative approach.  I am not looking for a GM who can just brag about hey I don't give Haynesworth like contracts.   Talk about a low bar.

As for fan apathy about the team -- oddly enough I think Bruce is the worst GM for the franchise on that front.  Vinny would make it at least exciting -- there was a splash and some hope in the off seasons.  Bruce is just boring and runs the team in a boring way -- the only time he's interesting is when he assumes the Prince of Darkness role and plays the douche role like he did with Scot and Kirk.  

Kirk is the best thing that has ever happened to Bruce in one way in that I noticed the a good part of the small segment of fans he has are mostly centered on how he kicked the player they didn't like out the door.  To me at this point Bruce is every bit as bad as Vinny was -- its just for entirely different reasons. 

And his boring approach to building a roster -- coupled with his lack of confidence (after some botched appearances) to speak publicly in front of the DC media because what I presume is his lack of confidence that he can speak well on his feat -- adds to the whole lackluster vibe about the FO.  At least Vinny had the guts to face the public.  

@Skinsinparadise to your last point about Bruce being reluctant to face the media. interesting factoid: I was a premium season ticket holder in the Gibbs II/Zorn era, gave them up in 2010.  I was invited to the park as part of a fireside chat series with Bruce.  I can’t remtm the actual title, but it was at the park in the auditorium with Bruce.  About 20 fans during the  2012 off-season, right about this time, just before FA and before the draft.  The trade for the second pick has not happened yet, I don’t think, because there were questions about going after Peyton vs draft, etc.  

What was really striking was how comfortable Bruce was in that setting.  Granted, the losses hadn’t really piled up yet.  And he hadn’t mangled pressers, the ugliness of 2013 hadn’t happened, etc.  but the guy was engaging, thoughtful and articulate.  

Also, Mike was really the guy in charge so he was, at least at that time, Robin, not Batman. Much less pressure.

Now, every time he speaks it’s kindof a calamity. 

It’s strange. Almost unrecognizable from the guy I met.  

I personally doubt anything gets much better, but we’ll see.  

32 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

@Skinsinparadise 

It’s strange. Almost unrecognizable from the guy I met.  

I personally doubt anything gets much better, but we’ll see.  

I talked to Bruce for a few minutes at Redskins Park in 2016. Yeah he was smooth, charming and articulate.

But facing fans at Redskins Park is working within his comfort zone.

Since you saw Bruce in that setting, he has years of losing under his belt. He cannot say look you might not like how i do things but the results speak for themselves.

He lucked into a QB and discovered that heck that elevates them from bad to mediocre.  A few fans I notice on twitter in particular - run with the mediocrity as justification for everything or most that Bruce does or that we should celebrate it as a turning point for the organization.

Personally, i couldn't disagree more.

My point is i think Bruce realizes that he has mispoken and misplayed things with the press. Yeah i agree i think he has lost the confidence to face them.  

The funny thing about the Kirk contract is the guy who looked like the PR professional and could handle tough questions without a misstep was Kirk IMO. Kirk did a better job defending the Redskins side of things than Bruce did.  

Kirk looked much more comfortable on his feet with the media and had a handle on how to come off classy.   Bruce seems to struggle with that.  

12 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

I think .500 ball puts Jay on the hot seat at the very least. 

Unfortunately, unless fans stop supporting the team Snyder is never on the hot seat.  Jay looks like the competent one in Redskin Park to me.  Hopefully, the team will enjoy better health, Smith will be productive and they make it to .500 or more.  I don't really expect it but as I said before I think .500 would be a productive year for them.

19 hours ago, bobandweave said:

The poster I was quoting said those teams learned what Alex Smith gave them. I posted his starting record. Your reply to me means jack and crap.

Point is to pretend that Alex was trash on those previous two teams is simply some bs. Pretending you know that can’t happen here is also some bs. Time will tell if it can or cant

just like assuming previous "success" elsewhere automatically ensures the same here....with a completely different set of circumstances and cast.

Hard to say without having an offseason to review yet but I am hoping we get < 4 wins.  And it wouldn't surprise me at all if we can't even get 4 wins..

Only reason I am hoping for that is I'm going to be deployed pretty much the whole upcoming season so I won't be around to suffer through it.  Sucks to be you guys.

Finally to a halfway respectable locker room and the ****-it blow it up pitchforks are raised as high as ever. 

Yea let's lose the best coach we've had in years, that has players who love playing for him. Because then maybe Snyder's boss will finally fire him. Oh wait...

People can't separate old wounds from the possibility of things being a little different. 

Alex smith? = McNabb 2.0. 

"We're idiots for letting Chris Baker walk, a player we watched grow up before our eyes... He wasn't freelancing it was our terrible d coordinator, all the rumors to the contrary are idiots blinded by the Snyder hype machine!"

'Anthony Lanier is such a waste of a roster spot, does anyone expect Chris Baker 2.0 to really ever produce? I mean Doug Williams co-signed him for God's sake."

"Oh God, that DT from the Jets is in town at Morton's eating with Dan and Bruce? Did we not learn from Haynesworth?"

"How are we ever gonna replace Kendall Fuller? Does anyone remember the champ bailey trade? jeez!....And who are we supposed to replace him with? Fabian who? Oh so you're telling me I should trust the same people who scouted and developed Fuller? But pro football focus told me Fuller was the man! Trade Moreau for a 5th before it's too late... but draft my mancrush from my alma-mater." 

Yeah, let's go back to the days of media leaks by players and Snyder playing fantasy football. Because that's the reality of the 2 win season that so many of you think you want. Yeah let's make it an even bigger circus and see what fantasy-world, madden franchise mode-esque general manager and coach you'll attract after that. Not to mention dealing with the fall out of players who will be wanting to jump ship asap.

On 3/10/2018 at 3:20 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

Hard to say without having an offseason to review yet but I am hoping we get < 4 wins.  And it wouldn't surprise me at all if we can't even get 4 wins..

Only reason I am hoping for that is I'm going to be deployed pretty much the whole upcoming season so I won't be around to suffer through it.  Sucks to be you guys.

Thank you for your service and I hope you and yours have a safe tour.

On 3/7/2018 at 6:39 PM, Silvernon said:
  1. Alex Smith takes the shots and runs the offense the way Gruden wants
  2. More than Jordan Reed (who is healthy) in the passing game
  3. The run defense is night and day with a real nose tackle, and depth
  4. The new RB thrives behind a healthy OL
  5. Moreau is an upper end CB2
  6. Nicholson stays healthy

All that happens, and this team is 10-13 wins. More likely 8-11 because there will be key injuries and drop-offs.

The most important factor to this upcoming season is STAY HEALTHY!!..every single game,we were dropping like flies at an alarming rate!!!..it’s hard to fathom our team trying to compete with 3rd & 4th string players,with some coming right off the street 2-3 days before kickoff..I don’t know if it was just a pure dark cloud over us or our strength and conditioning coaches needing to do something different(most teams use yoga and other similar exercises)..we are in much better shape with our caliber of players than most of the bottom tiered teams but if we can’t keep our best on the field for an entire game(and loosing them for the entire season)it doesn’t matter which players we sign or draft-just means we have the best team in the injury department!!!

15 hours ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

Finally to a halfway respectable locker room and the ****-it blow it up pitchforks are raised as high as ever. 

Yea let's lose the best coach we've had in years, that has players who love playing for him. Because then maybe Snyder's boss will finally fire him. Oh wait...

People can't separate old wounds from the possibility of things being a little different. 

Alex smith? = McNabb 2.0. 

"We're idiots for letting Chris Baker walk, a player we watched grow up before our eyes... He wasn't freelancing it was our terrible d coordinator, all the rumors to the contrary are idiots blinded by the Snyder hype machine!"

'Anthony Lanier is such a waste of a roster spot, does anyone expect Chris Baker 2.0 to really ever produce? I mean Doug Williams co-signed him for God's sake."

"Oh God, that DT from the Jets is in town at Morton's eating with Dan and Bruce? Did we not learn from Haynesworth?"

"How are we ever gonna replace Kendall Fuller? Does anyone remember the champ bailey trade? jeez!....And who are we supposed to replace him with? Fabian who? Oh so you're telling me I should trust the same people who scouted and developed Fuller? But pro football focus told me Fuller was the man! Trade Moreau for a 5th before it's too late... but draft my mancrush from my alma-mater." 

Yeah, let's go back to the days of media leaks by players and Snyder playing fantasy football. Because that's the reality of the 2 win season that so many of you think you want. Yeah let's make it an even bigger circus and see what fantasy-world, madden franchise mode-esque general manager and coach you'll attract after that. Not to mention dealing with the fall out of players who will be wanting to jump ship asap.

I wish that when year in and year out the team puts out that they’re trying to change the “Culture of the team”but still entertain players coming in that have documented history of not putting effort(after being given HUGE contracts just to play a game)taking plays off,not showing up to team meetings on time,or simply being an a**hole in the locker room..we need high character,hard playing,”I want to be here”players..it starts with Not inviting players like Wilkerson,no matter if they’ll help out or not..let em go hang drywall with haynesworth!!..I’d rather us not sign any FA at all if these are the types of players available and strictly build thru the draft only!!!..and if they come in and act out of character,then send em packing(Oakland and Dallas are always hiring!!!!!)

On 3/10/2018 at 7:18 AM, Veryoldschool said:

Unfortunately, unless fans stop supporting the team Snyder is never on the hot seat.  Jay looks like the competent one in Redskin Park to me.  Hopefully, the team will enjoy better health, Smith will be productive and they make it to .500 or more.  I don't really expect it but as I said before I think .500 would be a productive year for them.

He most definitely is the competent one there. Or, at least, among them. Hear good things about Kyle Smith and, of course, Schaffer in their roles. But that’s harder to guage since they operate behind the scenes. And it’s important to assess this in the proper light, with separation of duties and knowing who is whose boss. 

I don’t think 8-8 is acceptable, but I also understand that in the context of Dan Snyder and his top exec Bruce Allen. It’s on them. This is how they’ve structured the FO, this is the environment they’ve created, and their resource management that pales in comparison to other contenders. 

It’s like @TD_washingtonredskins said, it should depend on who we’re evaluating. That’s tough to do, though, so most just lump everyone and everything together while unfortunately focusing on those more in the public eye. Like they’re static entities instead of dynamic human beings affected by their surroundings - where confidence, creativity, and focus can fluctuate in an interdependent manner with said environment. 

Being an owner in the NFL is awesome. You can totally suck and it doesn’t matter. There’s just a sea of people willing to support you and your top exec/s no matter what product you put out and you can have blame fall on coaches/players (who have less to do with success individually than how you structure your organization and support them) whenever there’s frustration. Sometimes that doesn’t work and you have to change that top exec you’re comfortable with, but even then you’ll satisfy those people just by virtue of the change instead of a sound hiring process that leads to a quality hire. 

Easy peasy. 

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:29 PM, Unbias said:

I'm going into this season with extremely lowered expectations. Personally I feel Kirk was our Romo, meaning he helped take a 4 win team to 7-10 wins, but wasn't good enough to beat playoff caliber teams. Maybe there's a seamless transition to Alex Smith, but I just get the feeling things will be worse and when focusing on Smith we'll learn what both the 49ers and Chiefs learned over time. 

What QB is good enough to beat playoff caliber teams when he is leading a 4 win team?  As you said, Kirk took a 3-4 win team to 7-10 wins. But the team is still a 4 win team without him. No QB, Romo or anyone else, ask Drew Brees (7-9) by himself, how far you get leading a 4 win talent team. Smart teams keep their talented QB and fix the rest of the 4 win team. Shouldn't take that much. Improve the 4 win team to a 6-7 win team, now with a good QB you are at 12 wins.

.500 is the ceiling for this team and frankly will be hard press to achieve that.  5-6 wins seems more realistic.  2-3 wins is probably the floor.

Let's see:

Cowboys - Can we win one against them, maybe? Odds aren't that great.

Eagles - Defending Superbowl Champs. They will sweep us.

Giants - Probably, split with them.

Home 

Falcons - Playoff Contender

Panthers - Playoff Contender

Texans - If their QB bounces back from his injury, could be a playoff contender

Colts - Big question mark about Andrew Luck?

Packers - Healthy Rodgers, playoff contender

Away

Saints - Playoff Contender

Buccaneers - Possible win

Jaguars - Playoff Contender

Titans - Playoff Contender

Cards - Get a QB, maybe make one last playoff run

Going .500 against those teams, if those teams perform well; highly unlikely.  The only way the Skins do better than .500 in 2018; is if a bunch of those teams on our schedule collapse in 2018.  I expect most of those teams to be playoff contenders again.  We'll be lucky to win 5-6 games in 2018.

The front office isn't going to find all the players we need in 1 year, to make us compete above a .500 level and Gruden will show little ability to coach beyond his 7-9 win norm.   A sub .500 season from Gruden is more likely than a winning record.

I just read that Miami is set to release N.Suh at some point today..and of coarse I’m reading that some of our fans are screaming that we should consider signing him if the price is right..if he was playing the way he was in Detroit I’d consider it but at the age of 31 and with that huge attitude that he brings with him,id strongly disagree with that move(remember Haynesworth anybody??)..and it’s reported that M.Wilkerson is stopping by today to visit the team as well,yet again another high priced,low effort producing,bad attitude on the field an in the locker room player I think we should steer clean of-I’m just confused to why we’d consider bringing in guys with so much baggage..like the coaches ain’t got enough to do,like coaching up players instead of having to babysit grown men and coddle their enormous ego’s on top of trying to figure out how to win from week to week-SMFH????

Archived