Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ThinkProgress: Trump confidant dumped millions in steel-related stock last week (Also the Trade War thread)

No Excuses

Oh, to be a fly on the wall and listen in as trump tries to negotiate these trade deals with other countries.

Especially the mexico call, when they try and hash out whose going to pay for the wall  haha

that would truely be fascinating   But wait!  They are here.  

http://www.straitstimes.com/world/united-states/full-transcripts-of-trumps-calls-with-mexico-and-australia

Some other news agencies may have reported this already but I am not aware of them being posted in full yet.

Sorry it is something that you have already read.

Even so  Its incredibly fascinating and I would recommend everyone go through the whole thing and glean some excellent, unfiltered insight into what trump is really about  

Have fun!

here are some excerpts:

President Trump: Okay, well thank you very much, Enrique. I just wanted to mention that when you talk about people coming across the border - because times will be tough and times will be good - that when times are tough, that is why we have a wall, because we do not want people to come across the border. We do not want them coming across. We have enough people coming across, we want to stop it cold. General Kelly is one of the most respected generals in the entire military system and he is a very fair man, but he is a very tough man. And we have the drug lords in Mexico that are knocking the hell out of our country. They are sending drugs to Chicago, Los Angeles, and to New York. Up in New Hampshire - I won New Hampshire because New Hampshire is a drug-infested den - is coming from the southern border. So we have a lot of problems with Mexico farther than the economic problem. We are becoming a drug-addicted nation and most the drugs are coming from Mexico or certainly from the southern border. But I will say this - you have that problem too. You have some pretty tough hombres in Mexico that you may need help with, and we are willing to help you with that big-league. But they have to be knocked out and you have not done a good job of knocking them out. We have a massive drug problem where kids are becoming addicted to drugs because drugs are being sold for less money than candy because there is so much of it. So we have to work together to knock that out. And I know this is a tough group of people, and maybe your military is afraid of them, but our military is not afraid of them, and we will help you with that 100 percent because it is out of control - totally out of control. Now getting back to the taxes for second, I have been given as President tremendous taxation powers for trade and for other reasons - far greater than anybody understands.

The powers of taxation are tremendous for the President of the United States and if you study that you will see what I mean. That is why I did not want to have the meeting, I just wanted to tax the border. With all that being said, I would love if you want to reinstitute the meetings between Luis and a staff that I will assemble in the United States. Our Secretary of Commerce, Mr. Ross, will be approved very soon and we have a great team of people - Gary Cohen and lots of others - we have lots of great talent. And talent that wants things to happen. They are dealmakers, they are not obstructionist. We have some of them, but so do you of course. With that being said, if you would like to try and work a deal, that is okay. But if we cannot work a deal, I want to tell you we are going to put a very substantial tax on the border coming into the United States because, honestly, we will not want your products unless your products are going to be taxed. I do not want the products and lesser tax. And what that will mean is factories and plants will start to be built in the United States because the taxes will be too high in Mexico. I do not want to do that if we can work out a deal, so Jared Kushner and Luis can have the teams work out the deal.

The only thing I will ask you though is on the wall, you and I both have a political problem. My people stand up and say, "Mexico will pay for the wall" and your people probably say something in a similar but slightly different language. But the fact is we are both in a little bit of a political bind because I have to have Mexico pay for the wall - I have to. I have been talking about it for a two year period, and the reason I say they are going to pay for the wall is because Mexico has made a fortune out of the stupidity of U.S. trade representatives. They are beating us at trade and they are beating us at the border, and they are killing us with drugs. Now I know you are not involved with that, but regardless of who is making all the money, billions and billions and billions - some people say more - is being made on drug trafficking that is coming through Mexico. Some people say that the business of drug trafficking is bigger than the business of taking our factory jobs. So what I would like to recommend is - if we are going to have continued dialogue - we will work out the wall. They are going to say, "who is going to pay for the wall, Mr President?" to both of us, and we should both say, "we will work it out." It will work out in the formula somehow. As opposed to you saying, "we will not pay" and me saying, "we will not pay." Because you and I are both at a point now where we are both saying we are not to pay for the wall. From a political standpoint, that is what we will say. We cannot say that anymore because if you are going to say that Mexico is not going to pay for the wall, then I do not want to meet with you guys anymore because I cannot live with that.

Edited by CurseReversed

Comprising more than 15 percent of world trade and 495 million people, the TPP-11 has brought together Australia, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Peru, New Zealand, Singapore, and Vietnam in the world’s biggest new free trade zone. Had the United States stayed, the new deal would have represented 40 percent of global trade.

Australia, Chile, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, and Peru are reportedly leading the charge for ratification, together with potentially Vietnam, according to Japan’s Nikkei.

In addition to the pact’s existing signatories, other Asian economies — including Indonesia, the Philippines, South Korea, Taiwan, and Thailand — have also expressed interest in joining, along with Colombia and the United Kingdom

If you want to hit back at China, this is how you do it.

On 3/12/2018 at 8:54 PM, CurseReversed said:

Oh, to be a fly on the wall and listen in as trump tries to negotiate these trade deals with other countries.

Especially the mexico call, when they try and hash out whose going to pay for the wall  haha

that would truely be fascinating   But wait!  They are here.  

It won't fall on Trump to negotiate, it will fall on some perfectly capable USTR professionals to negotiate this **** show, KNOWING they are negotiating a ****show, but continuing to do a competent job, because ...... that is what they do.   

so ... once the professionals take over, it will slowly meander towards less and less of a **** show ... until some other completely unrelated bag of **** (of his own doing) falls on Trump's head... and he suddenly tweets out more nonsensical garbage to divert attention away from the new ****storm, and back to the old **** storm, ..... again undermining the negotiators and sending them scampering with wheelbarrows full of Trump **** as they try to begin to cobble together SOMETHING that can be salvaged after this **** throwing orangutan's most recent barrage of ignorance and spite.   

but his fans will love it, because if libtards hate it, it must be goooooood.      

• Like 2

18 hours ago, visionary said:

China will barely respond... 

they will have some relatively subdued, minor statement saying that this is wrong and harms the world system...bla bla bla

it will sound something like the boring diplomatic statements that the US used to make in response to china blow-hard-ed-ness.... and that made redblooded amuricans feel like it made the USA look like ******* 

and there are two reasons they will do this:

1)   they recognize that the WORLD recognizes that they are now the adults in the room, on the global stage.  this is ****ing huge.   The USA has been THE calm professional establishment voice since WW1.   Leading "Pax-americana" since WW2.    people in other countries griped about the hegemony of it all... and ****ed about aspects along the edges...but everyone KNEW who was in control.   

Not any ****ing more.

2) the chinese have ALSO recognized what a pathetic manipulatable little baby Trump is.   They know that if they speak too loudly, even if they are exactly 100% correct (ESPECIALLY if they are 100% correct) Trump will have some easily predictable stupid temper tantrum, and start flinging **** again.   But if they go against all instinct, and gravely pretend like Trumps gamemanship has humbled them, and left them at a loss.... Trump will swell up with pride and put his arm around their shoulder and wish them better luck next time (even if they stole his actual pants and left him with a <quiet> bag of **** wrapped around his head). 

Left wing leadership in France has figured this out.  Authoritarians in Russia and the Philippines have figured this out. Both South AND (now, possibly) North Korea have finally figured this out, Even Iran seems to have figured this out.... But what SHOULD be his closest allies... moronic populist right-wingers in Britain...they haven't figured this out.  So his closest ideological allies, the conservative Brexiters in England, get more onangutang  **** thrown at them then all the ACTUAL enemies of the United States.    

I ****ing hate this cartoon baboon is the public face of the greatest country in the history of mankind.        

• Like 9

I mean we had a good run.... 200 plus  years..... Not bad, but just like every empire, they eventually die.... Britain was up there as well, till we took over as an empire. 

Pretty much the beginning of the end when you elect a moron.... excuse me, a ****ing moron..... But don't think we recover from this one, we basically are now REALLY leading from behind.... China and Russia trying to fill that world leadership vacuum and Germany telling the EU, we are on our own. 

Edited by killerbee99
  • Like 1