• Blog Entries

    • By JimmiJo in ES Coverage
         0
      ES Coverage Cowboys vs Redskins 2019
       
      9/15/19
       
      Do I look like I'm playing? I'm not playing. This is the Washington Redskins versus the Dallas Cowboys. If you are a fan of this game, and this one does not get you excited you might want to check your pulse.
       
      Hello my friends it is I, JimmiJo, back for another year of this wonderful thing we call Redskins Football. This makes season 14 for me. I am joined by The Spaceman Spiff who will hereafter be known as "The Spaceman Spiff." 
       
      Where's that dude that gets the big tattoos on his back? There's his next one.
       
      So how important is this game? I don't know. What is the different between 1-1 and 0-2? The difference between batting .500 and zippy?
       
      Throw in that this is their 2nd division game to start the year AND a home game and you have a critical match.
       
      And once again they contend with critical injuries to start the year. Last year it was  their rookie star running back. This year its their 2nd year star...well you get the rest.  Darrius Guice is gone and not coming back this year. I think this really hurts him moving forward. Not sure who will build a scheme around him given his first two seasons.
       
      So it is down to the veteran Adrian Peterson. I have no worries of ring rust for hum. None whatsoever. He knows what to do.
       
      Anyway, almost time. Please share your thoughts.
       
      Stand by...
       
      Inactives
       
      The Redskins declared the following players as inactive:
      o   No. 12 QB Colt McCoy
      o   No. 23 CB Quinton Dunbar
      o   No. 31 Fabian Moreau
      o   No. 64 C Ross Pierschbacher
      o   No. 67 G Wes Martin
      o   No. 86 TE Jordan Reed
      o   No. 93 DT Jonathan Allen
       
      The Cowboys declared the following players as inactive:
      o   No. 10 WR Tavon Austin
      o   No. 37 S Donovan Wilson
      o   No. 57 LB Luke Gifford
      o   No. 61 C Adam Redmond
      o   No. 69 G Brandon Knight
      o   No. 79 DT Trysten Hill
      o   No. 97 DE Taco Charlton
       
      Follow along in-game at Twitter @Skinscast 
       
No Excuses

ThinkProgress: Trump confidant dumped millions in steel-related stock last week (Also the Trade War thread)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

This is why presidential tweets are a bad idea. The thought sometimes just doesn't get across.

I very much doubt that as idiotic as he is, he is saying the moon and Mars are an actual part of one another..  part of the space program seems much more logical, and I'd assume what he meant.

 

You can't kick at everything..    it sounds like tan suit / mom jeans bull****...  just ringing in the left ear.

 

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess his staff (or Fox and Friends) has convinced him that he "won" with Mexico. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

 

 

You will never “win” a trade war with an authoritarian regime grounded in centralized planning, with no voters to answer to.

 

The answer to China was TPP and bringing our European allies on board to isolate them further. Trump fire bombed most of our international diplomatic channels. 

 

The end result of “America first” is America alone and isolated, stumbling around in a globalized world that will leave you behind very fast.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone pointed out to me that Agent Orange will bail out the steel industry if it gets too bad, and I've been silently screaming for the past 10 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:
Someone pointed out to me that Agent Orange will bail out the steel industry if it gets too bad, and I've been silently screaming for the past 10 minutes.

 

Socialism as a substitute for bad economic policies. Even mouthbreathing GOPers screaming "VENEZUELLAAAAA!!!" is just projection at this point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Someone pointed out to me that Agent Orange will bail out the steel industry if it gets too bad, and I've been silently screaming for the past 10 minutes.

 

Get in your car, turn the music way up and scream for real. It helps. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, No Excuses said:

 

You will never “win” a trade war with an authoritarian regime grounded in centralized planning, with no voters to answer to.

 

The answer to China was TPP and bringing our European allies on board to isolate them further. Trump fire bombed most of our international diplomatic channels. 

 

The end result of “America first” is America alone and isolated, stumbling around in a globalized world that will leave you behind very fast.

 

It isn't really even that.  The war is unwinnable because of too much of our economy is based on IP.  Which they can ignore even more if they want (and at least most of the rest of the world will happily buy from them).

 

If you are going to win a trade war, you have to have an economy that isn't heavily based on IP.

 

China might come to the table and make a deal.  But they aren't going to "lose" this trade war.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PeterMP said:

 

It isn't really even that.  The war is unwinnable because of too much of our economy is based on IP.  Which they can ignore even more if they want (and at least most of the rest of the world will happily buy from them).

 

If you are going to win a trade war, you have to have an economy that isn't heavily based on IP.

 

China might come to the table and make a deal.  But they aren't going to "lose" this trade war.

 

Wish I could disagree with your claims or your reasoning.  

 

(I know, sometimes I do, anyway.)  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh Lord, of course Hawley is involved.

 

Why this won't work the way they want it:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.