Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ThinkProgress: Trump confidant dumped millions in steel-related stock last week (Also the Trade War thread)

No Excuses

I don’t think raising tariffs on Mexican imports will have an effect on immigration... the china thing is one thing (i can kinda support it) but the mexico thing makes zero sense... i think a lot of countries have written Trump off has a lame duck president.  China will just wait us out because their people can’t get mad at their leadership and vote them out....  same with mexico.  

I don’t think mexico knows what to do about the immigration problem... so instead of tariffs and a unrealistic demand they pay for a wall that probably won’t be built, Trump (and presidents before him) should have given them concrete ideas on how to deal with the problem, and consequences for not implementing those strategies. At least that would be reasonable.

On 5/22/2019 at 10:26 PM, Cooked Crack said:
Huawei is ****ed.

Got got what they had coming to them.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 1

Mexico knows what it is doing, Congress could offer a better option than tariffs....but they refuse

Mexican presidential candidate Andrés Manuel López Obrador (AMLO) said Tuesday that migrants from all over the world who decide it’s “a necessity” have a “human right” to migrate to the United States.

“Soon, very soon, after the victory of our movement, we will defend migrants all over the American continent and the migrants of the world who, by necessity, must abandon their towns to find life in the United States,” Lopez Obrador said during a rally in the Mexican city of Culiacán, eluniversal.com reports.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/06/22/mexican-candidate-immigration-speech/

I’m enjoying the Mexican government taking the high ground on immigration after decades of being a narco state where  government officials have put money in their pockets from cartels to allow them to run freely and wildly running drugs through the state to the US. 

They can go kick rocks as far as I’m concerned. They are complicit in the entire problem and have allowed their country to be run by cartels. 

I want them punished for that. They need to be forced to come correct on the issue. For too long we’ve allowed this to happen and just thrown money at them saying “they’re trying to fix it!” Knowing damn well they’re not. 

The situation is very similar to our relationship with Pakistan and their turning our information and relationship into helping terrorist organizations. The results are the same too. 

Its a shame capable presidents like Clinton, Bush 1 and 2, and Obama have ignored the issue and settled for just sending them money and pretending the situation isn’t what it clearly is. Now we have someone actually trying to do something but it’s an incompetent buffoon. 

1 hour ago, twa said:

Mexico knows what it is doing, Congress could offer a better option than tariffs....but they refuse

Right because politicians never say anything they don't mean.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/05/03/under-pressure-trump-mexico-cracks-down-migrants-caravans-border/3641846002/

Congress has offered to spend more money on border security.  Trump refused to support it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/06/us/politics/pelosi-trump-border-wall.html

The President is also allowed to suggest and even craft legislation.

(Keeping in mind that the border is already more secure than ever before.)

• Like 1

There is no secure border if those crossing illegally are allowed to stay Petermp.

Mexico makes noises about cracking down but the numbers don't lie.....and they are up

38 minutes ago, twa said:

There is no secure border if those crossing illegally are allowed to stay Petermp.

Mexico makes noises about cracking down but the numbers don't lie.....and they are up

1.  There certainly is border security if people are allowed to stay.  You can prevent the flow of certain things over the border even if some people that come over illegally can stay.  Just because people that came here seeking a better life because of droughts in Central America doesn't are allowed to stay doesn't mean more criminals are coming or staying in.  That's border security.

The border is more secure than ever.  That's a fact.

2.  What is up?  Are you claiming the number of people coming over the border illegally are up?  Can you actually back that up?

3.  Then the key to that is to have more/better things in place for the immigration judicial system, which Congress included in the bill that Trump said he couldn't support.

Assuming they are up, maybe they are up for other reasons than Mexico isn't trying?

Like low US unemployment and decreased enforcement of penalties for employers that hire illegals independent of Mexico cracking down.

Edited by PeterMP