Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Movie characters you can't stand

Spaceman Spiff

On 2/27/2018 at 8:45 AM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

I'm not sure if she comes under the bracket of movie villain or not, but 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' Nurse Ratched deserves to die a slow and painful death after being implemented by a sharp object. SIDEWAYS! 

Souless biatch can stick her 'daily routine' right where the sun don't shine!

*Calm

I think you missed the carefully laid out point in the OP. Yes she was the villain, and a damned good one too. Enough of one that you wished a slow and painful death on her.

Two pages in and I see half the posters missed the the very carefully laid point of the question. Half the posters can't seem to distinguished well played parts that were supposed to get the response from them that they did with characters that were unintentionally annoying.

Reminds me of this Utube classic.  

On 2/28/2018 at 1:59 PM, Reaper Skins said:

Literally any of the 70,000 movies that has this douchebag playing the main character's sidekick/attorney/moral compass/guy-who-gives-generic-pep-talks-to-help-move-the-story-along-into-the-third-act

You need to watch Straight Outta Compton. He did a great job in that role.

On 3/1/2018 at 4:16 PM, thinwhiteduke said:

I hate Tom Cruise in everything....but I can tolerate him in the last Samurai for some reason.

It's part his fault,part not...dude got so mega big that every thing he does Is his face, name and voice playing a role. You don't believe him as his character..it's just Tom Cruise playing a role

OK yeah that character is one of the ones I find so annoying and it is simply because of the plot-line. They twisted the historic bad guys into good guys and the good guys into bad guys. 

I guess a similar story along this plot-line would having a Tom Cruise character in 1920s Germany try to help the Nazi's in their failed coup in Munich.

I never cared for Maddie Bowen in Blood Diamond. Sure, she moves the plot along and is the reason they get to different parts of the country so I see she has a purpose, as well as helping Solomon at the end, but she never sat right with me. 

I think I was ok with her 90% of the way but then her character gets ruined for me at the end. Leo calls her at the end and she’s in the UK I believe. It’s obvious he’s dying and she is dense as hell not picking up on it, offering to come help him from half a world away. Even after he basically spells it out to her that he’s dying she still asks “why aren’t you bringing it yourself” when Leo asks her to help Solomon with the diamond. Smh lady have you not been listening for the last 5 minutes of this phone call? 

Then to top it all of she doesn’t stand for Solomon’s speech at the end. She’s the only one in the room that knows him and has one shred of what he might have actually gone through and she remains seated.

Her character should have been written better to close out the movie 

Archived