Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 ES GMs Mock Draft is complete!

Epochalypse

18 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I'm not trying to make any waves. I will take whichever team you all want me too as long as I have 7 picks. I have had Atlanta the past couple of year and I am fine with them again. But I am open to whoever. 

Im not sure what waves you speak of...you have the Falcons. If you'd like to change to one of the currently unowned teams I can switch you.

1 hour ago, Epochalypse said:

Im not sure what waves you speak of...you have the Falcons. If you'd like to change to one of the currently unowned teams I can switch you.

It was more about GoSkins wanting Atlanta since he recently moved down there. I can take another squad and be just as happy. 

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

It was more about GoSkins wanting Atlanta since he recently moved down there. I can take another squad and be just as happy. 

Long story short blame GHH.  Atlanta is yours unless you want to swap to one of the currently available teams (Redskins the exception unless you want in on that).

goskins10 is satisfied.  The question is are you?

1 minute ago, Epochalypse said:

Long story short blame GHH.  Atlanta is yours unless you want to swap to one of the currently available teams (Redskins the exception unless you want in on that).

goskins10 is satisfied.  The question is are you?

Yep. I am good.See you in exactly one month :)

On 23/02/2018 at 1:35 PM, Epochalypse said:

General Rules. 

- As every year, this is a completely independent draft so they'll be no carry over of any future picks that happened in the 2017 version.  *NEW RULE* Each team can only trade away future picks ONCE.  You can trade multiple future picks in the same transaction but after that you are forbidden from trading away any more future picks for the remainder of the draft.  This rule will ensure that GMs do not take advantage of the fact future picks do not carry over and try to stock up in the given year with no penalty.  That said, you can trade FOR future picks as often as you'd like so long as you aren't trading them away more then once.

Have to question the bolded there in the interests of fairness. 

Sound if you want to limit the trading away of future picks to stop a stocked draft. But to then have no limit on the number of future picks you can acquire totally skews the review as people will readily put forward what they garnered for future years. 

Can't have it always with one rule for one and one for another. 

Or if you do, then future picks gained shouldn't count towards anyone's draft recap which would defeat that object. 

Fairs fair. 

Hail. 

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Have to question the bolded there in the interests of fairness. 

Sound if you want to limit the trading away of future picks to stop a stocked draft. But to then have no limit on the number of future picks you can acquire totally skews the review as people will readily put forward what they garnered for future years. 

Can't have it always with one rule for one and one for another. 

Or if you do, then future picks gained shouldn't count towards anyone's draft recap which would defeat that object. 

Fairs fair. 

Hail. 

In the interest of fairness I am limiting people from trading away the entirety of their future drafts to get picks this year, then coming back next year and getting all those picks back.  I think it's readily apparent that isn't a fair mechanism.

It in no way inhibits someone who wants to show they put a premium on maneuvering in the draft by acquiring future picks if they think they can get their guy later in this draft and still pick up recognition of that.

Team A can trade their 1st next year to Team E

Team B can trade their 1st next year to Team E

Team C can trade their 1st next year to Team E

Team D can trade their 1st next year to Team E

Team E can then trade one of their future picks to anyone else.

All acceptable, but all can no longer trade AWAY future picks for the remainder of this draft.

What is not acceptable is Team...let's call them D, trading away their 1st, 2nd, 4th, 2 5ths, and a 6th in next year's draft to get picks in this draft, then coming back next year and getting all those picks back to rinse and repeat.

That example makes the unfairness point glaringly. 

Team A, B, C and D, after trading with team E, are then stopped from any more trades of future picks they might want to make in relation to the current draft. Which is sound. I get limiting that. 

But why should team E have that bounty, and maybe more if he traded with other teams, to show a few years down the line how great he did this draft in securing future years picks for his team if there's a limit on the above?

It benefits some and not others and is wholly unbalanced. 

Hail. 

10 minutes ago, Epochalypse said:

I'm unclear how it's unfair. The rule applies to every team in the league uniformly.

It's biased toward a team that collects future picks but doesn't trade them. Whilst a team that does can only do so once. 

How much clearer can that be? Heavily weights things in team E's favour in your example.

If you're limiting moves a team can make, then you can't then count all the future picks another team may receive when assessing a draft three years or so down the line. 

Hail. 

19 minutes ago, Epochalypse said:

If you'd prefer, we can do no trading of future picks.

It’s not what I prefer. It’s in the interest of being fair to everyone. 

Far as I can see, you either:

Leave it as was. 

Limit the trades as suggested. Which is fine but then you have to either limit the future picks able to be required to one trade. Or completely discount them at all in any final reckoning. Which all defeats the object to me.

Or wipe trading future picks altogether. 

I don’t see any other way round that than those three options unless there’s any other ideas? 

Put it to a vote and poll all 32 teams. Or at at least until there’s a majority. Shrugs.

Hail.

2 minutes ago, SkinsFanMania said:

Never was a fan of that.  We should eliminate it

I'm currently leaning that way but I'll give it some time to think about it; listen to any other opinions from the other GMs. I just have an issue with what amounts to unpaid costs. Just getting your picks back the next year makes it a joke. I'd like to keep it as close to reality as possible.

37 minutes ago, Epochalypse said:

I'm currently leaning that way but I'll give it some time to think about it; listen to any other opinions from the other GMs. I just have an issue with what amounts to unpaid costs. Just getting your picks back the next year makes it a joke. I'd like to keep it as close to reality as possible.

I tend to lean towards not allowing trades of the next years picks - but an alternative may be that you cannot trade anything higher than a 4th rd pick. That way there is some leeway for bottom of the draft when more of those type trades happen anyway but it keeps people from depleting their picks for next year when there are no consequences. 

Just a thought. 

Here are all the 2018 picks that were traded last year:

Cowboys (GHH) 1st to Browns (me)

Cowboys (GHH) 2nd to Browns (me)

Cowboys (GHH) 4th to Eagles (skinfan57)

Texans (Monk4thaHall) 5th to Saints (DogofWar1)

Cowboys (GHH) 2 x 5ths to Jaguars (Wildbunny)

Panthers (SamMillls51) comp 5th to Chiefs (ZRagone)

Cowboys (GHH) 6th to Panthers (SamMillls51)

Giants (Redskins Reparations) 6th to Eagles (skinfan57)

Browns (me) 6th to Steelers (skinfan2k)

[Cowboys also traded their 2019 1st to Browns]

Owners in green are the same owners of the same teams for this draft that made the trade last year.  I still haven't made my decision, but here is what I am going to do.

I said last year the Browns 6th round pick was the Steelers this year.  If I want to claim Chase Roullier as one of my draft picks, I should actually pay for that claim. 

I am giving that pick to skinfan2k this year, because that is what I said I would do.

Am I correct in thinking that the future picks we trade don't carry over as in previous years? If so, it's sort of lopsided. The GM that trades for future picks only gets to brag about all the picks they'll get in future years. The GM that trades future picks away can gain picks this year without really losing anything. Teams with a low number of picks this year like mine could certainly benefit by trading future picks but I think keeping this as simple as possible is the way to go. I vote for no future pick trading.

You can't flip one pick. If you want to go down that round, you'd have to flip every pick. And keep track of them. But then it would completely go to **** as those picks get traded and re-traded in reality. 

You paid for Roullier when you made the trade in good faith. Presumably, weighing up everything for the future of your franchise as I'd hope everyone does when making such a move. 

Hail. 

Ok, as the simple rule of thumb most unilaterally agree on to assess a draft is three years on, I've found my initial 2015 draft so now's the time to have a recap and see how it looked as to what the players have or haven't done in reality. 

Dallas Cowboys 2015 ES Mock Draft. 

7 original picks turned into 11. The most picks in the entire Mock along with Pittsburgh. And in red below each pick I've put down we're my guys actually went in the 'real' draft along with their career to date. 

Round 1. Pick 27/ 27. RB. Jay Ajayi. Jnr. Boise State University. 

Round 5. Pick 23/149. Miami Dolphins. (Unbeknown to myself when we drafted, he had an irreparable, degenerative bone-on-bone knee issue that broke a few days before the actual draft. Causing him to slide after being a borderline first rounder and 2nd/3rd best back the draft in most scouts eyes.)

1 Super Bowl Ring/ 1 Pro Bowl appearance.

2015. Broke his ribs the Dolphins last exhibition game. Placed on IR/ DTR until Week 9 of the season. Played in the last 9 games of the year as a rookie.

2016. Break out sophomore year through which he became the Dolphins starter at RB. Highlights included becoming only the 4th player in history to rush for 200 yards or more in 2 successive games. (And the first to do it as early as his 2nd season.). And one of only four players in league history to have three 200 yards or more rushing games in one season. Named to his first Pro-Bowl. 

2017. Started the year as the Dol[phins starter. Traded to the Eagles for a 2018 4th Rnd Pick 7 games in on Haloween. Finished the year with a Super Bowl ring as part of the first Super Bowl winners in Eagles history. 

General Rushing Receiving
Season Team GP GS Att Yards Y/A Y/G TDs Fumbs Tgt Rec Yards Y/R Y/G TDs
Career 38 20 517 2,332 4.5 61.4 10 7 80 58 399 6.9 10.5 1
2015 MIA 9 0 49 187 3.8 20.8 1 0 11 7 90 12.9 10.0 0
2016 MIA 15 12 261 1,272 4.9 84.8 8 4 35 27 151 5.6 10.1 0
2017 MIA 7 7 138 465 3.4 66.4 0 1 20 14 67 4.8 9.6 0
PHI 7 1 70 408 5.8 58.3 1 2 14 10 91 9.1 13.0 1

Round 2. Pick 28/ 60. CB. Steven Nelson. Snr. Oregon State University. 

Round 3. Pick 34/ 98. Kansas City Chiefs. 

2015. Mainly earnt his corn on special teams his rookie year as a depth corner. 

2016. Made the leap to become Kansas City's starting nickel CB in camp his sophomore year from when he's never looked back. 

2017. Established starter RCB on the Chiefs 8th League ranked defence. Missed the first 7 games of the year on IR. 

CAREER STATSMORE
Season Team   Tackles Interceptions Fumbles
  G GS Comb Total Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int Yds Avg Lng TDs FF
2017 Kansas City Chiefs 9 7 41 33 8 0.0 -- 4 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 1

2016 Kansas City Chiefs 15 15 65 59 6 0.0 -- 16 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0

2015 Kansas City Chiefs 12 0 8 8 0 0.0 -- 0 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0

TOTAL 114 100 14 0.0 0 20 0 0 -- 0 0

Round 3. Pick 27/ 91. DL. Marcus Hardison. Snr. Arizona State University. 

Round 4. Pick 36/135. Cincinnati Bengals. 

2015. Made the Bengals final 53 man roster, but wasn't activated for any game his rookie season. 

2016. Injured his shoulder Cincinnati's third pre-season game and placed on IR for the year. 

2017. Released from the Bengals September 2. Kicked around the Jaguars, Patriots and Texans practice squads. Signed a reserve/ futures contract with Houston January 1, 2018. 

Yet to play a regular season game of pre-ball despite sticking to teams through his three years to date. 

Round 4. Pick 28/127. OL. Mitch Morse. Snr. University of Missouri. 

Round 2. Pick 17/ 49. Kansas City Chiefs. 

2015. Won the Chiefs starting centre job in camp his rookie year. Never looked back. 15 games/ 15 starts. 

2016. 16 games/ 16 starts. 

2017. Still the Chiefs starting centre, missed Week 3-7 with a foot injury which he re-injured Week 14 before being placed on IR. 

CAREER STATSMORE
Season Team G GS
2017 Kansas City Chiefs 7 7

2016 Kansas City Chiefs 16 16

2015 Kansas City Chiefs 15 15

TOTAL 38 38

Round 5. Pick 27/163. Traded to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for the Colts 205, 207 (6th round) and 244 (7th round) picks. 

Round 6. 

Pick 5/181. * Acquired in a trade with the Detroit Lions. Along with the 181st pick, Dallas received a 2016 6th rounder. The Lions received Dallas' 2016 4th rounder. * DT. Rakeem Nunez-Roches. Jnr. University of Southern Mississippi. 

Round 6. Pick 41/217. Kansas City Chiefs. 

2015. Made the Chiefs 53 man roster as a rookie. Played in 7 games/ 0 starts as he assimilated to pro life. 

2016. Again made the Chiefs 53 man roster his second year. Released by the Chiefs Week 2. Re-signed to the active roster Week 7. Starter by seasons end. 

2017. Starting DE for the Chiefs the majority of the year. 

Year Team GP GS Comb Total Ast Sck PD FF FR
2015 KC 7 0 4 4 0 0.0 0 0 0
2016 KC 11 5 23 14 9 1.0 0 0 0
2017 KC 16 11 24 13 11 0.5 0 0 0
Career 34 16 51 31 20 1.5 0 0 0

Pick 29/205. DB. Anthony Jefferson. Snr. University of California Los Angeles. 

UFA. Chicago Bears. 

2015. Spent his rookie year the Bears practice squad before being released. Not been picked up since. Currently out of football. 

Pick 31/207. LB. Nairon Ball. Snr. University of Florida. 

Round 5. 25/161. Oakland Raiders. 

2015. One of the best feel-good story's of 2015 for the young Gator to even get drafted after battling back from near death to realise his dream. Top 100 talent had it not been for his medical history. Made the Raiders 53 man active roster his rookie year. Playing in 6 games/ 2 starts. Placed on IR Week 14. 

2016. Bell was waived/ injured prior to his sophomore season and placed on IR for the year. 

2017. He was finally cut July 17 with a non-football injury designation. Currently a free agent. Tragedy to see this kid struggling with his health again when he's so talented. Someone you can really root for yer know? Really hope he makes it back the pro's. Kid deserves it. 

CAREER STATSMORE
2015 Oakland Raiders 6 2 9 7 2 1.0 -- 0 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0

TOTAL 9 7 2 1.0 0 0 0 0 -- 0 0 0

Round 7. 

Pick 19/236. OT. Tayo Fabuluje. Snr. Texas Christian University.

Round 7. Pick 6/183. Chicago Bears. 

2015. Stuck on the Bears practice squad his rookie year. Suspended for 4 games for violating the NFL's PED substance abuse policy. Released. 

2017. Playing Arena League Ball with the Baltimore Brigade. 

*Trade* Dallas sent their 2016 7th rounder to Atlanta in exchange for the Falcons 249 pick. 

Pick 26/243. RB. Terrell Watson. Snr. Azusa Pacific University.

UFA. Cincinnatti Bengals. 

2015. Spent his rookie season on the Bengals practice squad. 

2016. Again on the Cincinnati practice squad his sophomore year before being picked up by the Broncos and added to their practice squad Nov. 2. Released a month later Dec. 14, t then be picked up by the Eagles a week later Dec. 20 and added to their practice squad. Activated to the game day roster for the last game of the season where he scored his only NFL TD to date in a 27-13 at home to Dallas. 

2017. Released by the Eagles May 4. Picked up by the Steelers two weeks later May 18 and made their 53 man roster as the third RB/ short yardage back. Played in 10 games before being deactivated down to the Pittsburgh practice squad Week 11. 

2018. Signed a reserve/ futures contract with the New York Giants January 18 where he remains. 

CAREER STATSMORE
Season Team   Rushing Receiving Fumbles
  G GS Att Yds Avg Lng TD Rec Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost
2017 Pittsburgh Steelers 10 0 5 8 1.6 3 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

2016 Philadelphia Eagles 1 0 9 28 3.1 8 1 1 5 5.0 5 0 -- --

TOTAL 14 36 2.6 8 1 1 5 5.0 5 0 0 0

Pick 27/244. WR/KR. J.J. Nelson. Snr. University of Alabama at Birmingham. 

Round 5. Pick 23/159. Arizona Cardinals. 

2015. Made the Cardinals 53 man roster his rookie year. 11 games/ 2 starts. 

2016. Back-up wideout/ slot reciever his sophomore year. 15 games/ 5 starts. His average of 19.3 yards pre catch was the best in the NFL of any player over his rookie/ sophomore years. 

2017. Established as the Cardinals back-up WR/ slot reciever. 16 games/ 5 starts. 

CAREER STATSMORE
Season Team   Receiving Rushing Fumbles
  G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost
2017 Arizona Cardinals 16 5 29 508 17.5 46 2 3 37 12.3 16 0 1 1

2016 Arizona Cardinals 15 6 34 568 16.7 80T 6 4 83 20.8 56T 1 1 1

2015 Arizona Cardinals 11 2 11 299 27.2 64T 2 1 0 0.0 0 0 1 1

TOTAL 74 1,375 18.6 80 10 8 120 15.0 56 1 3 3

Pick 32/249. Edge Rusher. Ryan Delaire. Snr. Towson University. 

UFA. Tampa Bay Buccaneers. 

2015. Stuck with the Bucs on their practice squad his rookie year. Picked up from Bucs by the Redskins to their practice squad September 7. Three weeks later, September 30, he was then picked up by the Carolina Panthers to their practice squad. Activated and played his first pro  game Week 5, the following week and recorded 5 tackles, 2 sacks on his NFL debut. Inactive for Super Bowl 50. 9 games/ 0 starts. 

2016. Remained on the Panthers active roster his sophomore season. Placed on injured reserve Week 3 with a knee injury. Re-activated back to the 53 man roster Week 12. Returned to IR Week 16. 6 games/ 0 starts. 

2017. Waived by the Panthers after a failed physical designation July 25. Remains a free agent as I type. 

CAREER STATSMORE
2016 Carolina Panthers 6 0 6 3 3 1.0 -- 1 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0

2015 Carolina Panthers 9 0 8 7 1 2.5 -- 0 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0

TOTAL 14 10 4 3.5 0 1 0 0 -- 0 0 0

All in all I think my first draft in our mock has turned out to be pretty good with a good combo of starters and important depth/ role guys. 

But I'll let everyone else judge as it's too subjective to grade your own draft. 

Looking forward to revisiting our 2016 draft this time next year. 

Hail. 

Archived