Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jeff Fisher Must Be Arrested And Tried For His Crimes Against Football

Riggo-toni

https://deadspin.com/jeff-fisher-must-be-arrested-and-tried-for-his-crimes-a-1822733338

Back in November, when the Los Angeles Rams revealed themselves as a legitimately formidable and dominant team, a significant share of the success seemed like it could be credited to simply getting rid of head coach and possible quarterback poisoner Jeff Fisher. Since then, it is clear that I was too lenient on Fisher.

In his time with the Rams, Fisher coached Nick Foles, Jared Goff, and Case Keenum. Foles came to the Rams in 2015 as part of the Eagles’ trade for Sam Bradford. He started 11 games for Fisher as the team went 7-9. After the season, the Rams moved to Los Angeles and drafted Jared Goff, a shiny new quarterback, first overall. Foles was furious and asked to be cut. This season, he talked about how that episode almost convinced him to retire. On Sunday, he was named Super Bowl MVP as the Eagles beat the Patriots,In order to get to the Super Bowl, Foles and Philly had to win the NFC title game against the Minnesota Vikings, who were quarterbacked this season by ... Case Keenum. The University of Houston product had a brief stint with the Rams in 2014 but actually started and played games in the 2015 and 2016 seasons. In those two seasons, Keenum had a 158.0 QB rating in a 31-23 win over the Buccaneers and logged an absurdly high 84.4 completion percentage in a 31-28 loss to the Lions. These performances were impressive but not enough, as he was benched for Goff in Week 10

On 2/7/2018 at 9:57 AM, ExoDus84 said:

Yeah, FIsher is pretty much a quarterback Voldemort.

The sad thing is that Fisher will probably get one last chance as a HC somewhere. Hopefully in Dallas.

Las chance? He's coached plenty. The league recycles the same coaches ,win or lose. They bring them back after long stretches. You make millions  whether you no games  or 16 games.  Fisher does exactly what's expected of him. Just be a coach in the nfl. Winning isn't important,just a cool byproduct when it happens

16 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I love all of this. Pretty sure it can all be traced back to that punk ass coin toss. It all fell apart after that. Hope that joke was worth probably never being allowed near a football field ever again. 

There's no doubt in my mind he angered the Football Gods with that one.  They went 6-10 that year, and was fired the next season.

22 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I love all of this. Pretty sure it can all be traced back to that punk ass coin toss. It all fell apart after that. Hope that joke was worth probably never being allowed near a football field ever again. 

I never understood Fisher's motive for doing that - why piss off an organization you just happened to have fleeced in a trade deal ? Why would that organization ever one to deal with you again ? 

30 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

I never understood Fisher's motive for doing that - why piss off an organization you just happened to have fleeced in a trade deal ? Why would that organization ever one to deal with you again ? 

If I had to guess, it's probably because Snyder has a lot of enemies by now. I mean think about it... Norv, Schotty, Zorns people, Shanahan (despite his own hand in his demise, you know he has a strong backing), and now Scot. There's probably no shortage of people that would want to show us up if they had the chance.

Problem is you always open the door for a  classic foot in mouth backfire. Not only did they crumble that year, pretty sure we crushed them at FedEx the next time we saw each other. I remember, because I was howling with vengeance afterwards 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2018 at 9:37 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

I don’t remember the punk ass coin toss.  Can you refresh my memory?

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Their fans also came on our board lauding the success of all of their picks.  

So us crushing them the next year, Fisher getting ****canned, the Rams being moved back to LA, and then becoming NFC contenders, is pretty much the greatest outcome I could've hoped for.

...Wrong us, shall we not revenge?

-General Chang

• 2 weeks later...

Archived