Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Kirk Cousins breaks his silence after Redskins trade for Alex Smith

TK

17 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Not so my friend, many players especially in leadership roles like the QBs over the many NFL years have decided to take less money for the betterment of an NFL team. But it's cool don't want to argue the point. Just my opinion

So, is that your opinion?  Ok,..but it doesn't change the fact that every player is in it for themselves.  Sure, some players have "restructured" their deals but that doesn't mean they're not in it for themselves.  They do and should always try to get the best deal from themselves in this meat grinder of a league/business. 

I guess I just don't get the butt-hurt/hate over Kirk by fans.  The team clearly never had any intention of signing him to a market value long term deal, and after 3 years of BS Kirk did not want to be here anymore.  I don't get fans taking it so personally, it's ridiculous.  He's gone, get over it.  Good for him and I wish him luck.

24 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Gosh, listening to Bram Weinstein on 980 now.  I’ve always found him to be a butt kiss whether it’s his employer, former employer, or the local teams.  Never ever liked him.  But my god he sounds just like some of our fans here.  But atleast he admitted that it’s personal for him which inhibits his ability to be rational.  Phew, what a donk.

Mist be even more difficult when the emotional response isn’t one that aligns with 100s of hours of time spent supporting a different narrative. 

2 minutes ago, Probos said:

So, is that your opinion?  Ok,..well, I disagree.  Every player is in it for themselves.  Sure, some players have "restructured" their deals but that doesn't mean they're not in it for themselves.  They do and should always try to get the best deal from themselves in this meat grinder of a league/business. 

I guess I just don't get the butt-hurt/hate over Kirk by fans.  The team clearly never had any intention of signing him to a market value long term deal, and after 3 years of BS Kirk did not want to be here anymore.  I don't get fans taking it so personally, it's ridiculous.  He's gone, get over it.  Good for him and I wish him luck.

I disagree the Skins presented Kirk a deal that he chose not to counter. KC is all about himself don't let his good boy act fool you. Point in case the camera's following him through free agency.

17 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Mist be even more difficult when the emotional response isn’t one that aligns with 100s of hours of time spent supporting a different narrative. 

I know you're trying to be a smartass here and that's fine, but I'm just going to be honest and tell you that I cannot always comprehend wit33.  If you'd like to elaborate, feel free.  If not, it's cool too.

34 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I get that you're one of the fans holding a grudge,

No grudge here man. I am just being pragmatic. I may be a little bitter, like I got dumped but the band plays on.

Quite honestly I hope wherever he goes he has a small modicum of success, but that's it. As a 40 year fan of this team for once I need the FO to be right on this whole deal, otherwise it is more of the same old garbage and that makes it even worse. 

1 hour ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Dude is like a pro QB mercenary.

In three years after the Vikings have jettisoned some of their key players Kirk will leave and **** over some other team. 

Savage

Or he will win a SB in two years and they will just keep him. For more money of course. 

10 minutes ago, RonBurgandy said:

I can't believe Vikings did Keenum like that. The man takes your team to the NFC Championship game and you dump him!? How many playoff games has Cousins won?

Maybe they looked at the overall tangibles Kirk brings to the table and the Vikes probably considered what he could have done in 2017 if he had Djax and Garcon and Reed and a healthy defense year round. We shall see how he fairs over there with Diggs and company. 

Wow, 3 years fully guaranteed at $84M, I said a good team would never pay more than $25M a yr to Kirk and I stand corrected.

I don't understand why any team let alone a good one would want to spend that much money on just a 3 yr deal but it does really matter at this point.

48 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

You dont have a choice with Hard Knocks. The league will make SOMEONE be on it. Cousins has CHOSEN to document his "free agency journey".

It is not a matter of a lynch mob mentality. It is obvious that Cousins cares about no one but himself. Good riddance.

And the league is owned by who? C'mon you can do better than that.

This is just piling on because he is moving on. So yes, that makes it mob mentality.

Just now, JSSkinz said:

Wow, 3 years fully guaranteed at $84M, I said a good team would never pay more than $25M a yr to Kirk and I stand corrected.

I don't understand why any team let alone a good one would want to spend that much money on just a 3 yr deal but it does really matter at this point.

Maybe, just maybe they know more than you...  :-)

3 hours ago, cakmoney61 said:

Cousins has shown that he doesn't play his best football when he's under pressure (emotionally and physically).  Going to Minnesota will put him under the most pressure to succeed.  So it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him sign with the Jets.

I always though the sucked under pressure until this year.  He had a great showing against K.C., Minnesota and New Orleans.   We will see. I was probably his biggest critic on here and he won me over.  you know our FO has knuckleheads running the show, and they botched this,

If it is just about the money your right he will sign with the Jets.  And boy will he live to regret that but he will even be richer then he already is. We made it so he does not need money.  

Just now, JSSkinz said:

We'll find out, won't we? :)

One thing is clear they believe he is the guy that gets them over the hump. Typically guys have not gone to other teams and done well. It is why I could see Alex Smith having problems. The only difference is that he has already changed teams once and made a good transition. So it's possible.

Also, this contract - if true - changes the landscape of football contracts. Good or bad, he has affected major change in how the tag is perceived and how contracts will be written. Look for Rogers to get something fully guaranteed. Next years QB contracts are going to be tough.

Just can't get over the fate reversals of Kirk and Robert. RG3 was supposed to be the chosen one, set for 10 lifetimes. Now it's Kirk with the generational money. 20+ million just for the last 2 seasons, now stack 86 million on top of that. At the end of his career, he'll end up being the richest person to ever play for us.

6 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

They were in the position to do it AND keep a good team in place. Why wouldn't they? I would have wanted the Skins to do it in the same position. And I still woudlnt have liked him lol

7 minutes ago, zskins said:

He just wanted to keep up with the Kardashian ...lol

They made so much money off of that mess I would do it too if I was interesting enough. 

3 minutes ago, RonBurgandy said:

I can't believe Vikings did Keenum like that. The man takes your team to the NFC Championship game and you dump him!? How many playoff games has Cousins won?

That's the point, look at his stats, up and down as far as yardage goes.  The team built around him is built for success, Kirk is better than Case, look what he did with us, after losing his top two 1000 yard receivers and basically Reed for most of the season, along with CT.  Look at the Vikings weapons and defense.  

They also got lucky on that TD in the divisional round in the last seconds that got them to the NFCC anyhow.  Kirk gives them an even better chance to take it to the next level, imo and in the Vikings opinion (obviously).

At least it wasn't about the money........you know, cause I'm sure the Jets probably are offering 90 million fully guaranteed over 3 years, so he would be giving up 6 million dollars :rolleyes:

#AlexSmithMVP

36 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I think the NFL should adopt a new way to play.  No offensive line, no running back (except split out wide) and the game is just basically a QB standing in the pocket trying his best to pick defenses apart.  No running game, no nothing...just a QB and his arm going against a defense because, after all, that's all that really matters in the NFL.  

So basically just some 7 on 7 :)

Archived