• Blog Entries

    • By TK in ES Coverage
         0
      The Bill Callahan era began here at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami. For the first quarter it was really,really bad football being played by both teams. 
      The Redskins were determined to establish the Run game. The First Quarter all they established was that they still couldn’t run. Or pass. Or do much of anything. 
       
      It wasn’t until the 2nd Quarter that Peterson was able to start ripping the worst Run D in the League for chunks of 18 & 24 yards. The Skins managed to score a TD with a 25 yard pass to Scary Terry McLaurin. 
       
      The Dolphins would open the Second Half only managing five plays before the Redskins would get the ball punted back to them. They would run a balanced run/pass attack of six plays for 70 yards in 1:25 ending in McLaurin’s second touchdown of the day. The Defense would then get a turnover allowing the Offense to get to Field Goal range and add another 3 points to make the score 17-3. 
       
      To open the Fourth Quarter, Hopkins would miss a 55 yard Field Goal, leaving the score at 17-3.  After being sacked five times, the Dolphins would pull their own switcharoo at QB and go to Ryan “Neckbeard” Fitzpatrick which resulted in a touchdown drive for them, making it 17-10. They went for & recovered the Onside Kick. They also managed to not score any points after that. The Dolphins would find theirselves with ball at the 2:00 Warning. Fitzpatrick would take them on a 9 play 75 yard touchdown drive with six seconds remaining on the clock. Miami went for the win with the 2 Point Conversion and failed. The Redskins would recover the onside kick by Miami and Keenum took a knee to get the Redskins their first win of the season. 
Voice_of_Reason

Game of Thrones Season 8

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

What I liked about The Wire is that we were rooting for heroes and anti-heroes at different times. Thrones would've been better if that was the case. In real life, people have both good and bad. And they, usually, don't flip between the two. They can be both all the time and show the different sides in different facets. Here characters changed from good to bad but I never really believed they were both at all times: hell/hero turns. Happens in WWE, not in real life. 

 

 

 

 I felt like they did a better job of that during the earlier seasons (when they had more source material to work with).  Ramsey kind of threw that out the window.  They could have made Dany, Varys, Hound, all those characters a lot of more interesting and complex towards the end then just "oh, they are good/bad now".  It is what it is.  Overall, it was a great show.  The last season definitely dropped off a lot in terms of quality storytelling.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think all things considered, this was about the best that could be hoped for.  Still...****ing Bran?  He was useless for most of this series and he gets to sit the throne at the end?  What the hell.

 

I have to say, after Sansa shut her Uncle down, and Sam stood up, I thought I had nailed this. I thought for sure he was going to launch into some passionate speech and everyone would turn around and vote for him....and he got laughed at.  Dammit, I was close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to hear what the writers and actors think of the last season getting destroyed by fans. I wonder if the writers are so egotistical that they simply don't believe it or if their souls are crushed. The fact that HBO would've given them more shows and they didn't take an extra season to give it a proper conclusion is pretty terrible.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I would love to hear what the writers and actors think of the last season getting destroyed by fans. I wonder if the writers are so egotistical that they simply don't believe it or if their souls are crushed. The fact that HBO would've given them more shows and they didn't take an extra season to give it a proper conclusion is pretty terrible.  

 

Not that I hated the last season, contrary I thoroughly enjoyed it.

 

That said, you know what the reaction would be if they took 2 more seasons to wrap it up.  

 

“They should have ended it sooner.”

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Llevron said:

 

He deserved it. Had he stopped Danny early that entire city wouldnt have had to die. He put an entire city over some ass. 

 

Nah, if he was treating that ass like he was supposed to Dany wouldn't have burned KL and he may have actually convinced her to rule with him. Instead his dumb ass kept saying,"you are my queen" and killing the mood. 

 

He didn't stop Dany earlier because he was in love, he didn't do anything because of his honor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Springfield said:

 

Not that I hated the last season, contrary I thoroughly enjoyed it.

 

That said, you know what the reaction would be if they took 2 more seasons to wrap it up.  

 

“They should have ended it sooner.”

 

I don't know anyone that was complaining about the show dragging on too long. People loved the show for the story telling. Any complaining about wrapping it up would have been minimal compared to what is taking place now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My thoughts on the final season.  

 

It looked great.  The cinematography and the spectacle was among the best in TV history.  The acting was very good too.

 

The story and the final outcome I am not a fan of.  They had many other options that would have been much more satisfying and made more sense.  The last season failed in terms of wrapping it up (meaning, everything that came after Arya killing the Night King). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have to say, everyone here has probably seen multiple posts from me with my theory that Sam was going to wind up winning in the end.  I even tied it to Roman history, for ****s sake.  After Sansa shot her uncle down and Sam stood up, I thought I had it nailed.  I thought he was going to launch into a passionate speech and they would turn around and make him king.

 

I had my fingers ready to go with a post gloating how much smarter I was than the rest of you.

 

Then they laughed at him.  I was crushed.  So here's my re-write of the last episode.

 

Everything happens the exact same way it did up until the point where the lords laugh at Sam.  The screen cuts to black for a few seconds.

 

Next scene, Sam is walking out of the gates of KL, and everything and everyone is on fire again.  He smirks to himself as he walks off, and in the distance, you can see a flaming wheelchair with a burning skeleton rolling down a street.

 

End scene.

  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Forehead said:

So I have to say, everyone here has probably seen multiple posts from me with my theory that Sam was going to wind up winning in the end.  I even tied it to Roman history, for ****s sake.  After Sansa shot her uncle down and Sam stood up, I thought I had it nailed.  I thought he was going to launch into a passionate speech and they would turn around and make him king.

 

I had my fingers ready to go with a post gloating how much smarter I was than the rest of you.

 

Then they laughed at him.  I was crushed.  So here's my re-write of the last episode.

 

Everything happens the exact same way it did up until the point where the lords laugh at Sam.  The screen cuts to black for a few seconds.

 

Next scene, Sam is walking out of the gates of KL, and everything and everyone is on fire again.  He smirks to himself as he walks off, and in the distance, you can see a flaming wheelchair with a burning skeleton rolling down a street.

 

End scene.

 

Um...(mental note: Forehead may be psychopathic killer so always stay on his good side)...that would have been awesome. Yeah, that's it. Awesome. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

 

Nah, if he was treating that ass like he was supposed to Dany wouldn't have burned KL and he may have actually convinced her to rule with him. Instead his dumb ass kept saying,"you are my queen" and killing the mood. 

 

I don't believe I have ever seen truer words reduced to writing.  Well done sir.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

 

Nah, if he was treating that ass like he was supposed to Dany wouldn't have burned KL and he may have actually convinced her to rule with him. Instead his dumb ass kept saying,"you are my queen" and killing the mood. 

 

He didn't stop Dany earlier because he was in love, he didn't do anything because of his honor. 

 

To be fair, I don't think he would have been justified to kill her prior to her burning King's Landing down. She hadn't really done anything that warranted it. Sure, she was showing signs but its unreasonable to expect a person as honorable as Jon to murder his queen and the woman he loves based solely on early onset madness/fascism.

 

29 minutes ago, Hersh said:

 

I don't know anyone that was complaining about the show dragging on too long. People loved the show for the story telling. Any complaining about wrapping it up would have been minimal compared to what is taking place now. 

 

Yeah usually when people complain that something has dragged on it's because there isn't enough story to tell and it seems like filler. Sons of Anarchy was very much filler as TWD and others. GOT had a ton of story and character development left to tell and would have been justified having 2 full seasons or even an additional 1-2 season after 8 to truly give it the ending it deserved. There is just so much content and so many characters it would have been welcomed imo. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Koala said:

 

Still think Wire is #1 all time, from start to finish it was more consistent than GOT.  Never a very high cheese factor, no true wtf moments.  Maybe didnt have the crazy highs and stunning lows of GOT's -- certainly never had any episodes like NK episode, or Battle of the ****s.   Just consistently a good show episode in and episode, that a told a very believable, very real -- and therefore, at times, very frightening story.      

Ill say this -- Im glad the show didnt drag on, Id rather put up with the somewhat rushed feeling, than watch a show go beyond its appropriate time (ala the Sopranoes which was several seasons too long, or Mad Men which was about 5 seasons too long).  Im done with this series.  Dont really care much more to see any more episodes, and there are no episodes, so I guess they timed it well.    

 

This take is madness!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

 

... The last season failed in terms of wrapping it up (meaning, everything that came after Arya killing the Night King). 

 

I think that what we saw here was an effort by the creators to keep some significant loose ends untied.  Not just "gee they'll need to go on with their lives and who knows what will really happen."  Wrapping things up in a truly satisfying, more final manner would put a lot a people out of work. 

 

Think about how much money this show has made.  Does anyone here really believe that there will be no sequels?  I'm not talking about spinoffs. I'm talking about Star Wars type "we're going to keep telling this tale until we can no longer make money off of it" type direct continuations that will play to the lowest common denominator (if not by Benioff & Weiss, then by whoever ends up purchasing the licensing rights from the fat man's estate in 15 years.).  Think about the Terminator movie series.  Should have stopped after the mediocrity of T3.  And T4.  And T5.  Each were successful enough to make money, so we're looking at T6 now at some point this year.  And Linda Hamilton (i.e. Masie Williams in 25 years) is coming back, so it'll be really good!!  And maybe we'll get some better CGI on Arnold this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Koala said:

Mad Men which was about 5 seasons too long)

 

Wow i didn't realize until just now that i hate you. 

 

But seriously, I think Mad Men and Breaking Bad are the standard for shows perfectly telling their story with little filler, doing their characters justice, and getting out at the perfect times while still on top of their game. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

 

Wow i didn't realize until just now that i hate you. 

 

But seriously, I think Mad Men and Breaking Bad are the standard for shows perfectly telling their story with little filler, doing their characters justice, and getting out at the perfect times while still on top of their game.  

 

It's takes like that one that make me hate this show even more.  Mad Men was a beautifully written masterpiece.  Game of Thrones was a witless vulgarity.  I can stomach great art being unappreciated.  I can not stomach tripe being hailed as great art.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I feel a bit better after thinking about what happened to Jon. I think when he was in the true north he was the happiest, Tormond even said he belongs in the true north and Jon said he wishes he was going with him. I was just sorta confused why their even was a Nights watch anymore and he just seemed to abandon it ( I guess his siblings sort of knew he was gonna go north of the wall and not stay at castle black? ) I just wish their was more dialogue on what he is doing but I guess it doesn’t matter anymore. He’s going to live with the wildlings who he saved from the WWs so I’m sure now he will be King beyond the wall and start his new life there since he never really cared about the politics. 

Overall I’m just sad it’s all over, I loved that show. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

 

Wow i didn't realize until just now that i hate you. 

 

But seriously, I think Mad Men and Breaking Bad are the standard for shows perfectly telling their story with little filler, doing their characters justice, and getting out at the perfect times while still on top of their game. 

 

 

Game of thrones is basically everything I liked in one.  Humor, fantasy, magic and strange powers, history, great banter, and lots of political intrigue, plus epic battles and beautiful cinematography. I wish they had spent a little more time making the storylines fit perfectly in the end, but it was still an amazing journey with a much more satisfying (for me) ending than most if not all of long-running shows I’ve liked.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

 

It's takes like that one that make me hate this show even more.  Mad Men was a beautifully written masterpiece.  Game of Thrones was a witless vulgarity.  I can stomach great art being unappreciated.  I can not stomach tripe being hailed as great art.

 

Mad Men was incredible. I'd say "flawless" but that's not possible. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, max21 said:

So I feel a bit better after thinking about what happened to Jon. I think when he was in the true north he was the happiest, Tormond even said he belongs in the true north and Jon said he wishes he was going with him. I was just sorta confused why their even was a Nights watch anymore and he just seemed to abandon it ( I guess his siblings sort of knew he was gonna go north of the wall and not stay at castle black? ) I just wish their was more dialogue on what he is doing but I guess it doesn’t matter anymore. He’s going to live with the wildlings who he saved from the WWs so I’m sure now he will be King beyond the wall and start his new life there since he never really cared about the politics. 

Overall I’m just sad it’s all over, I loved that show. 

I think you're misinterpreting Jon's future.

 

He was sentenced to the Night's Watch, not sentenced be a wildling.  I doubt Jon's honor would allow him to buck that.

 

As I saw it, him going north of the wall was just as an escort to return the wildlings to their home.  The Night's Watch routinely patrolled north of the wall.  I don't think Jon had any intention of remaining there; he was going to serve the Night's Watch as he was expected to.  That's why he told Arya she could visit him at Castle Black, because that was where he intended to be.

 

Just my opinion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Epochalypse said:

I think you're misinterpreting Jon's future.

 

He was sentenced to the Night's Watch, not sentenced be a wildling.  I doubt Jon's honor would allow him to buck that.

 

As I saw it, him going north of the wall was just as an escort to return the wildlings to their home.  The Night's Watch routinely patrolled north of the wall.  I don't think Jon had any intention of remaining there; he was going to serve the Night's Watch as he was expected to.  That's why he told Arya she could visit him at Castle Black, because that was where he intended to be.

 

Just my opinion.

Maybe...or maybe the 'Night's Watch', was more of a wink from Bran.  I think it's probably left up to interpretation on purpose though.

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kfrankie said:

Few questions here (sorry if already addressed, this thread has obviously blown up):

 

(1) If Jon is sentenced to the Night's Watch, what exactly are they watching at this point?  The Wildlings are now friendly (in fact, they appear to be part of the Night's Watch), and the Dead and WWs are gone.

The Night.  They are called the Night's Watch.

3 hours ago, kfrankie said:

(2) If the Night's Watch is still protecting the South from something, how are they going to replace that enormous hole in the wall?

Lots of ice cube trays.

3 hours ago, kfrankie said:

(3) If the North is free, who is funding the Night's Watch?  Is this sort of like how the U.S. funds NATO, while the other member countries give what they can?

They'll turn to fundraisers, like a bake sale.  Hot Pie is apparently available.

3 hours ago, kfrankie said:

(4) Does Jon become a Wildling at the end?  I thought he had to stay with the Night's Watch?  Isn't he already violating the terms of his sentence again?  

No, he shapeshifts into a dragon and flies off to "console" Drogon.  Then gets Drogon killed because seriously Jon is a kiss of death when it comes to relationships.

3 hours ago, kfrankie said:

(5) If Jon is so willing to violate the law, why doesn't he just go to Winterfell?

Because he draws the line with sleeping with his aunt.  Sleeping with his sister would signal a character flaw.  Plus see above, Sansa would probably be like "Thanks, no thanks."

3 hours ago, kfrankie said:

(6) If the Dragon is still alive, but Dany is dead, who gives orders to the Dragon?  Will it listen to Jon as the last of the Targaryns?

Peter, Paul and Mary

3 hours ago, kfrankie said:

(7) Is Arya like the new Christopher Columbus?  How did she get to be captain of a ship when she has no sailing experience?

No, she's the new Moana.  Expect to see her get her own musical number and become a Disney Princess.

3 hours ago, kfrankie said:

(8) Did they just leave that entire tribe of Dolthdreki guys to roam free throughout Westeros?  

They left with the new Lord of Dorne, a land where plot lines go to die

3 hours ago, kfrankie said:

(9) Did they already rehab King's Landing by the end of the episode?  Looks like the restoration was pretty quick.

Once they discovered charred bodies make pretty good bricks, things went quicker.

3 hours ago, kfrankie said:

(10) Why is Bron the master of coin?  He can't even read, and that's a notoriously annoying job.  How is that paying him back unless he's robbing the royal treasury?

I present to you Trump.  Draw your own comparisons.

2 minutes ago, visionary said:

Maybe...or maybe the 'Night's Watch', was more of a wink from Bran.  I think it's probably left up to interpretation on purpose though.

Isn't a personality required to wink?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.