Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 8

Voice_of_Reason

http://screenertv.com/television/game-of-thrones-season-6-burning-question-what-is-west-of-westeros/

JUNE 13, 2016

“Essos is East. Westeros is West, but what’s west of Westeros?”

On Sunday night’s (June 12) “Game of Thrones” episode, Arya Stark (Maisie Wiliams) ponders traveling “west of Westeros,” which she describes as the place “where all the maps stop.” 

Edited by visionary

I’m somewhat bitter about Jon’s ending, he was pretty much the man for this entire show and then is a prisoner and then just sent back to the Nights watch? I know he didn’t want to be King and all but damn I’m pretty sad about how they treated him at the end 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, max21 said:

I’m somewhat bitter about Jon’s ending, he was pretty much the man for this entire show and then is a prisoner and then just sent back to the Nights watch? I know he didn’t want to be King and all but damn I’m pretty sad about how they treated him at the end 

He deserved it. Had he stopped Danny early that entire city wouldnt have had to die. He put an entire city over some ass. 

9 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

They compromised and basically got the electoral college.

What they got was the Polish system.  No, that's not an ethnic joke.  The lords from the country's different regions selecting a king was how the Polish monarchy worked until the country was dismembered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I felt the ending was a big fat MEH.

It wasn't terrible or anything, but it wasn't great. It was pretty forgettable and felt very forced and rushed, just like this whole season. There was very questionable stuff in the episode just like previous episodes this season, that simply defy logic and make zero sense. But at this point I just don't care and have accepted that this season went off the rails and these things are just par for the season.

I was happy when Jon stabbed Dany though, because I even said to my wife outloud when they kissed about how stupid and sappy that was, then he stabbed her and I was like, okay, I'm cool with that. There was a reason for this stupid sappy part.

I think the funniest part of the episode though was how Greyworm leveled up and now has teleportation skills.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, max21 said:

Jon rode off with the Wildings. We didn't hear him say Nights Watch Oath, that was Tyrion. Besides Jon forgot his oath with Ygrette. 

Projection: Jon hooks up with another Wilding gal and fathers Targaryan children, one of whom rides down out of the North many years later to fight and become the King/Queen of the Six Kingdoms.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I think the funniest part of the episode though was how Greyworm leveled up and now has teleportation skills.

Too many video game cliches this season for it to be just coincidence. 

This article is from episode 2 before the large battles/plot-points and the author still notices it:

VICE: 'Game of Thrones' Is Turning Into a Generic Video Game Plot

Game of Thrones is different now. It’s not the story author George R.R. Martin wrote to subvert our expectations about what happens in fantasy novels. It’s become an RPG where all the characters, each with their own special ability and weapons—Beric Dondarrion flaming sword, Arya’s bag of human faces, and Daenerys’ dragons—are working their way through all the dialogue tree before the final battle.

• Haha 1

Few questions here (sorry if already addressed, this thread has obviously blown up):

(1) If Jon is sentenced to the Night's Watch, what exactly are they watching at this point?  The Wildlings are now friendly (in fact, they appear to be part of the Night's Watch), and the Dead and WWs are gone.

(2) If the Night's Watch is still protecting the South from something, how are they going to replace that enormous hole in the wall?

(3) If the North is free, who is funding the Night's Watch?  Is this sort of like how the U.S. funds NATO, while the other member countries give what they can?

(4) Does Jon become a Wildling at the end?  I thought he had to stay with the Night's Watch?  Isn't he already violating the terms of his sentence again?  

(5) If Jon is so willing to violate the law, why doesn't he just go to Winterfell?

(6) If the Dragon is still alive, but Dany is dead, who gives orders to the Dragon?  Will it listen to Jon as the last of the Targaryns?

(7) Is Arya like the new Christopher Columbus?  How did she get to be captain of a ship when she has no sailing experience?

(8) Did they just leave that entire tribe of Dolthdreki guys to roam free throughout Westeros?  

(9) Did they already rehab King's Landing by the end of the episode?  Looks like the restoration was pretty quick.

(10) Why is Bron the master of coin?  He can't even read, and that's a notoriously annoying job.  How is that paying him back unless he's robbing the royal treasury?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

If the unsullied are leaving anyway why not just make Jon king? 

Are we really to believe that was all ash everywhere too? That looked like snow in the distance. It wasn’t that damn much fire to create 6 inches of ash for miles 

Or better yet why not John just say i am the true king? I mean they spent what 6-7 years building up to him being revealed as the true king...might as well use that material for once?

What they did to Danny was complete garbage. You spent the entire series making us love her and wanting her to win the throne...then in one episode you make her go mad and then we are supposed to be upset or sad about John killing her? GTFO. 

If you wanted us to be sad she was killed she needed to die and as a good queen.

If you wanted us to be grateful she was killed.....well you needed to have us be upset with her for more than one stupid episode. We needed a full season of her being mad queen.

Such an absolute joke.

I feel bad for all the Star Wars fans b/c these guys are going to destroy that franchise. lol

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

He did kill a lot of people. 

He cast the "return" spell from Dragon Warrior (the version that let's you return to a list of about 40 locations, so dragon warrior III to IV.

Seriously, I noticed that and thought that maybe Jon took a pit stop at Royal Farms (no pun intended) to get some chicken for a hour or so.  Like wow there must have been a shortcut or something.  And that banner with the dragon was obviously intended to engender comparisons to Neuremburg.

Edited by kfrankie

1 minute ago, kfrankie said:

Few questions here (sorry if already addressed, this thread has obviously blown up):

(1) If Jon is sentenced to the Night's Watch, what exactly are they watching at this point?  The Wildlings are now friendly (in fact, they appear to be part of the Night's Watch), and the Dead and WWs are gone.

They are protecting everyone from bears. Terrible creatures they are.

1 minute ago, kfrankie said:

(8) Did they just leave that entire tribe of Dolthdreki guys to roam free throughout Westeros?  

Yes, they are reformed. They no longer look to kill and rape everything they come across. They are learning math and are going to become accountants. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

They are protecting everyone from bears. Terrible creatures they are.

Yes, they are reformed. They no longer look to kill and rape everything they come across. They are learning math and are going to become accountants. 

Ok so is there a scholarship program or something in place?  Like a Montgomery G.I. bill? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

(2) If the Night's Watch is still protecting the South from something, how are they going to replace that enormous hole in the wall?

(3) If the North is free, who is funding the Night's Watch?  Is this sort of like how the U.S. funds NATO, while the other member countries give what they can?

(4) Does Jon become a Wildling at the end?  I thought he had to stay with the Night's Watch?  Isn't he already violating the terms of his sentence again?  

(5) If Jon is so willing to violate the law, why doesn't he just go to Winterfell?

(6) If the Dragon is still alive, but Dany is dead, who gives orders to the Dragon?  Will it listen to Jon as the last of the Targaryns?

(7) Is Arya like the new Christopher Columbus?  How did she get to be captain of a ship when she has no sailing experience?

(9) Did they already rehab King's Landing by the end of the episode?  Looks like the restoration was pretty quick.

(10) Why is Bron the master of coin?  He can't even read, and that's a notoriously annoying job.  How is that paying him back unless he's robbing the royal treasury?

I think the answer to all these questions is that the wheel was not broken. Before long, it's back to business as usual under the reign of man. Cruel, unjust, non-sensical man.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Koala said:

Still think Wire is #1 all time, from start to finish it was more consistent than GOT.  Never a very high cheese factor, no true wtf moments.  Maybe didnt have the crazy highs and stunning lows of GOT's -- certainly never had any episodes like NK episode, or Battle of the ****s.   Just consistently a good show episode in and episode, that a told a very believable, very real -- and therefore, at times, very frightening story.      

Ill say this -- Im glad the show didnt drag on, Id rather put up with the somewhat rushed feeling, than watch a show go beyond its appropriate time (ala the Sopranoes which was several seasons too long, or Mad Men which was about 5 seasons too long).  Im done with this series.  Dont really care much more to see any more episodes, and there are no episodes, so I guess they timed it well.    

What I liked about The Wire is that we were rooting for heroes and anti-heroes at different times. Thrones would've been better if that was the case. In real life, people have both good and bad. And they, usually, don't flip between the two. They can be both all the time and show the different sides in different facets. Here characters changed from good to bad but I never really believed they were both at all times: hell/hero turns. Happens in WWE, not in real life. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

What I liked about The Wire is that we were rooting for heroes and anti-heroes at different times. Thrones would've been better if that was the case. In real life, people have both good and bad. And they, usually, don't flip between the two. They can be both all the time and show the different sides in different facets. Here characters changed from good to bad but I never really believed they were both at all times: hell/hero turns. Happens in WWE, not in real life. 

Agree 100%. The only show i can remember that did an amazing job with main characters switching from good to bad and us really caring about it was Breaking Bad. 

This show did the anti-hero stuff decently at one point.

Like Cersei vs the Taliban, and when she blows up the Sept. I was 100% ok with Cersei just lighting up all of the fundy nut jobs in one big explosion. 

That was also IMO the high point of the series and it was all downhill from there. It’s just a travesty that Daenerys gets torn down in just two episodes. Her mad queen scene and eventual death would have been so much more powerful if there was more time to explore her descent into a delusional fascist. It’s a shame because they were beautifully shot scenes. The last shot of her addressing her army, I mean my god, that’s maybe the best cinematic moment of this entire show. 

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1