Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 8

Voice_of_Reason

2 minutes ago, hawgboy said:

You know I just started watching The Wire recently... does that show go off the rails and have a limp ending as well? Seems to be required for HBO.

season 5 is the weakest, especially since season 4 is the greatest season of television i have ever watched. it has its missteps, but nothing like this ****

• Thanks 1

Just now, StillUnknown said:

and I know good and damn well all them people didn't hear Dany when she was giving that speech, her voice ain't that loud

all grievances airing tonight

Where did all those dothraki come from?!

WHY DID THE DRAGON HAVE A NARRATIVE ABOUT THE WAY THEIR WORLD WORKS?!?!?!

When he melted the iron throne...

My eyes rolled so hard they looked like Brans stupid white warg eyes

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I was expecting something bad to happen in the last scene when the gate was dropping with Jon looking back. 

Unsullied and Dothraki were cool with a council pulling their prisoner who recommends their new King? Their Queen was just murdered by Jon and he gets to live? Idk, thought there would be a big conflict there but there isn’t time for another battle.

A lot of loose ends, satisfied with some of it but overall disappointed. 

• Like 2

Honestly the only thing I actually liked was Jon leaving to essentially become a Wildling. It’s fit for his character and what he’s actually wanted and felt he belonged. All of his titles and kingships were thrust upon him. I just thought him leaving would be after turning down the throne and leave the world with something better than Kings. 

That said, I don’t think anything else in this episode was handled well. Why would Bran suddenly want to be king? Two episodes ago he said he doesn’t want anymore. How is he supposed to fulfill whatever the hell importance the 3ER is supposed to have while also being king? And he got picked anyway because he’s a good story? What?

Why is the north the only kingdom that gets to be free? Nobody objected to that? Everybody has lost soldiers except for Dorne who lost like 8 people. I can’t believe everyone was ok with this especially Yara who actually had a deal with dany for her independence. Yet the North gets to be special because Starks and that’s why. Bran starting off his rule as King with a heavy dose of nepotism. 

Daenerys story was so rushed it’s just tragic what could and should have been. And Kings Landing wasn’t enough of a sell we have to make her the Shredder and want to conquer the entire world now too like a Saturday morning cartoon villain lol and then we don’t know what to do with Drogon so he just instinctively understand that the pursuit of the iron throne is what drove his mother mad and ultimately led to her death so he nukes it and just ****s off so nobody has to actually deal with him. 

And really what's the significance of burning the throne anyway if we are still having Kings? The wheel isn’t broken just because there are no heirs. Powerful houses will still play the game and pursue alliances and votes for power. 

As violent, angry and loyal to Dany as Grey Worm was shown to be, are we expected to believe he finds out that Jon kills Daenerys and just decides to hold him prisoner for at least a month until a council of the lords of Westeros, of which he has no knowledge or understanding of, can convene and reach a verdict? 

After all this, I just don’t see how anything in the world is changed for the better. There is no real unity just because this generation of leaders are friends. There is no structure in place to change the world just because there are no heirs allowed. 

It seems after all this, everything just continues on as normal with a slightly reduced population and a free north. 

I guess I don’t know what the point of it was. If it had ended on the existential threat like LOTR (scouring of the shire aside) at least you can understand that the world survived and moved on. But the existential threat was an afterthought which means there should be something to hang your hat on st the end of the day. 

I just never thought I’d get to the end of Game of Thrones and think “what was the point of any of this?” 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

After a 30 minute delay due to fighting with Dominos for my pizza that was an hour and half late...

...I'm cool with this.

We all knew Dany needed to go.  Can't go cray cray and not get shanked.  Kinda surprised at Bran but honestly it sorta makes sense.  He's probably the most level headed of everyone there.

Jon pet the puppy.  That helps.

• Haha 1

Why did we have 6 seasons of clues and buildup and mystery surrounding Jon’s parentage when in the end it mattered **** all to the story? Just keep him a **** with no mother and the story isn’t changed at all aside from 2 conversations with Dany that didn’t mean anything. Actually the story is better because you

dont have the massive dick tease of it all. 

they threw an extra some of Oberyn's old fits and told him to stand against a post

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Why did we have 6 seasons of clues and buildup and mystery surrounding Jon’s parentage when in the end it mattered **** all to the story? Just keep him a **** with no mother and the story isn’t changed at all aside from 2 conversations with Dany that didn’t mean anything. Actually the story is better because you

so much of the **** they spent time building mattered for **** in the end

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SkinsFanRob said:

Anyone else think Jon petting ghost was just recently added 😂

The fact they can even include that in this episode and have him actually run his hand thru ghosts hair just shows the cgi claim is bull****. And it means they actually wrote Jon just bouncing on ghost earlier not because of CGI difficulties but because they actually thought it was a good idea. 

We were denied ghost and the other direwolves which were an important part of the story because they didn’t care enough about it. 

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I mean, in fairness, he did what he was named to be.

A Gone Targaryen.

But also yeah, I expect the books to handle that a wee bit differently.

And for that I would like to say screw you to D&D, because now I have to read the books.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1