Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 8

Voice_of_Reason

4 hours ago, visionary said:

I think everyone was waiting for the Clegane Bowl.

It's execution was SSSSOOOOO bad though.  It was just comically bad how that whole thing went.  

And who's dumb ****ing idea was it to keep switching back/forth from Arya and the Hound like every 2 seconds.  I legit thought my feed was having problems at first, but I think it was just terrible editing.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I have been ok with this season except for the last episode.  However, there are parts of the previous episodes that I would have been bothered a lot more by if I had known how things would turn out.  For example, I expected there to be an interesting reveal of what Bran was "actually" doing during the NK battle... I expected Jamie was going to Kings Landing to kill Cersie, I thought maybe we didn't see the Stark discussion of Jon's heritage because they were discussing plans that would lead to a cool twist... I thought that Jon sending Tormund and Ghost away might have been a trick of some kind.  Now that I know none of this stuff happened, I really dislike those parts of the previous episodes.

The last episode was very disappointing for me.  It had the same effect that the movies Alien 3 had.  Aliens was one of my favorite movies of all time.  Then, Alien 3 was so horrible that it actually took away the enjoyment I have when watching Aliens.  After all, it is hard to get excited about Ripley, Newt, and Hicks to escape once you know the will all be dead (Newt and Hicks dead before the opening credits in Alien 3).  The only thing the escape in Aliens did was get more people killed.

So, while I have not been as down on this season as many have been, I think there will be more that bothers me if I rewatch the season in the future.  Still my favorite show ever.  Hope I like the final episode.

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

I think everyone was waiting for the Clegane Bowl.

It's execution was SSSSOOOOO bad though.  It was just comically bad how that whole thing went.  

And who's dumb ****ing idea was it to keep switching back/forth from Arya and the Hound like every 2 seconds.  I legit thought my feed was having problems at first, but I think it was just terrible editing.

Cleganebowl was aight. 

The Hound cutting through the 4 other Kingsguard like nothing though just reminded me how cartoonish the fighting has gotten. Compare that to earlier in the show where the Hound is fighting 3 or 4 random Lannister soldiers in the inn over some chicken. Completely vicious fight where those bums are obviously no match for the Hound but still have 4 to 1 odds.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Cleganebowl was aight. 

The Hound cutting through the 4 other Kingsguard like nothing though just reminded me how cartoonish the fighting has gotten. Compare that to earlier in the show where the Hound is fighting 3 or 4 random Lannister soldiers in the inn over some chicken. Completely vicious fight where those bums are obviously no match for the Hound but still have 4 to 1 odds.

I did enjoy Qyburn getting his head smashed on that rock like nothing, **** that guy

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

think i rolled up on a spoiler in a completely unexpected place

que sera sera

I think I might have to.  Not sure though, because it might have been speculation, but I’d rather not check.  Lol.  

19 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

If it's the same place that was given to me, I found them hard to follow...is there a more concise place to look?

Someone posted it on here a few days ago. Was on reddit, freefolksite or something. These were pretty straight forward.

1 hour ago, visionary said:

I really wish people wouldn't say things like this....

Why? This place is fun on every Monday b/c everyone complains and a few people defend. With it being the last show ever how will it not be fun?   

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

Someone posted it on here a few days ago. Was on reddit, freefolksite or something. These were pretty straight forward.

Why? This place is fun on every Monday b/c everyone complains and a few people defend. With it being the last show ever how will it not be fun?   

Because comments like that can effect people's expectations and make us more anxious about the episode or try to read into what you're saying.

Remake Game of Thrones Season 8 with competent writers.

English | Spanish | Russian | French

David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have proven themselves to be woefully incompetent writers when they have no source material (i.e. the books) to fall back on. 

This series deserves a final season that makes sense. 

Subvert my expectations and make it happen, HBO!