Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 8

Voice_of_Reason

35 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

What? Telling Dany about the secret entrance would have led to a bloody battle in the streets of KL with no dragon. It's not like the Mother of Dragons can waltz in by herself, get past the mountain, and kill the Queen. Now, if Tyrion had told her about it as a means to have her meet an untimely demise....

It's a secret entrance into the Red Keep. How does that lead to a battle in the streets? The point is to secretly get in with a small force and avoid a large scale conflict. And why would she go by herself??? She would send Grey Worm and a small group....it's literally exactly what Tyrion told them to do in order to sack Casterly Rock. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Dany condems Jon Snow to die and trys to burn him with dragon fire, Snow is a Targaryen and cant die from fire , Arya and Jon Snow kill both Dany and her dragon. Jon Snow gives the throne the Gendry Barathion

GENDRY IS A +3000 Vegas odds to sit on throne. If you are a degenerate gambler BET HIM!

That would be quite the twist, with him taking Arya Stark as his Queen. Which would be hilarious, if Arya ends up as the Lady of the 7 Kingdoms after how the story started with her as a Tomboy and Sansa being all doe-eyed for Joffrey in Season 1. Arya as the Lady of the 7 Kingdoms and Sansa as the Lady of the North would be a funny and ironic ending.

I still think Jon abdicates for some form of council rule, or democracy or representative democracy from the 7 kingdoms.

Now I'm kind of rooting for a Gendry + Arya rule but I know we won't get it.

It isn't explained at all in the show, but Robert Baratheon does claim the throne through his grandmother, who was a Targaryen princess. So technically Gendry would have some Targaeryen blood, but they never go there on the show.

And I referenced the Fire and Blood book that came out from GRRM and the early years of the Targaryen rein, and there are plenty of isntances where the dynasty moves through some 3rd princess or 5th son ...

Okay so now I've talked myself into it. Dany dies, Jon abdicates. The next in line technically IS Gendry ... as the last remaining son of Robert Baratheon and  1/8 Targaryen. So whether they follow the Baratheon line OR the Targaryen line, Gendry would be #3 behind Jon and Dany.

The show doesn't go into Robert's Targaryen lineage though, so I don't know if the show can go there and have it deliver that way.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Which completely contradicts how he expected to save the citizens of Kings Landing if Cersei is expected to be there and she isn't. Dany would've still torn up KL looking for her. 

With Jaime gone it would be pretty obvious what happened. .  Tyrion most likely confesses at that point and there isn't reason to destory KL.   

5 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

That would be quite the twist, with him taking Arya Stark as his Queen. Which would be hilarious, if Arya ends up as the Lady of the 7 Kingdoms after how the story started with her as a Tomboy and Sansa being all doe-eyed for Joffrey in Season 1.

I still think Jon abdicates for some form of council rule, or democracy or representative democracy from the 7 kingdoms.

It isn't explained at all in the show, but Robert Baratheon does claim the throne through his grandmother, who was a Targaryen princess. So technically Gendry would have some Targaeryen blood, but they never go there on the show.

And I referenced the Fire and Blood book that came out from GRRM and the early years of the Targaryen rein, and there are plenty of isntances where the dynasty moves through some 3rd princess or 5th son ...

Okay so now I've talked myself into it. Dany dies, Jon abdicates. The next in line technically IS Gendry ... as the last remaining son of Robert Baratheon and  1/8 Targaryen. So whether they follow the Baratheon line OR the Targaryen line, Gendry would be #3 behind Jon and Dany.

The show doesn't go into Robert's Targaryen lineage though, so I don't know if the show can go there and have it deliver that way.

Well in the book we have 

Ned Stark to Arya

“You, will marry a king and rule his castle, and your sons will be knights and princes and lords and, yes, perhaps even a High Septon.” 

Edited by DCSaints_fan
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

That would be quite the twist, with him taking Arya Stark as his Queen. Which would be hilarious, if Arya ends up as the Lady of the 7 Kingdoms after how the story started with her as a Tomboy and Sansa being all doe-eyed for Joffrey in Season 1. Arya as the Lady of the 7 Kingdoms and Sansa as the Lady of the North would be a funny and ironic ending.

You are wayyy overthinking it but thank you for agreeing with me as it feeds my online EGO which is wayyyy important on E.S...  But seriously ask yourself this, Why have they kept Gendry alive & INVOLVED in the series thus far. He must serve some purpose.

Gendry will sit on the iron throne. you heard it here first !!!!

obnoxiously large font is free of charge.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

But seriously ask yourself this, Why have they kept Gendry alive & INVOLVED in the series thus far. He must serve some purpose.

While I literally asked the same question in print on a GoT prediction contest my family has going, I must admit I'll be angry if HBO hands the Iron Throne to Gendry. He's been kept alive and involved, but BARELY. It would be a huge copout IMHO to end this show with such a non-factor ruling the 7 kingdoms. 

I agree that your theory makes it possible but will be utterly crestfallen if this is how it all ends. If that's how they do this then they should have made him much more participatory throughout the entire plot. 

4 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

But seriously ask yourself this, Why have they kept Gendry alive & INVOLVED in the series thus far. He must serve some purpose.

He's served his purpose.

- Make viewers uncomfortable watching him hook up with a young actress we've grown up with for the past ten years, but still looks like she's a minor.

- Make a dragonglass arsenal to defeat the WW army in one episode, causing forum riots

- Create a super secret weapon for his bae, who proceeds to resort to a different weapon to kill the NK

I mean, he's right there behind Jon Snow...

• Haha 2

Just now, Chachie said:

While I literally asked the same question in print on a GoT prediction contest my family has going, I must admit I'll be angry if HBO hands the Iron Throne to Gendry. He's been kept alive and involved, but BARELY. It would be a huge copout IMHO to end this show with such a non-factor ruling the 7 kingdoms. 

I agree that your theory makes it possible but will be utterly crestfallen if this is how it all ends. If that's how they do this then they should have made him much more participatory throughout the entire plot. 

They couldn't because they wanted it to be a surprise and shock. But being the genius I am as evident by my predictions and prophecy's in the stadium part of E.S. I have uncovered the true ending of G.O.T. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

They couldn't because they wanted it to be a surprise and shock. But being the genius I am as evident by my predictions and prophecy's in the stadium part of E.S. I have uncovered the true ending of G.O.T. 

And this is how fan theories start.

But seriously. He's 3rd in line and has Baratheon and Targaryen blood and wants to marry the most badass of the Starks.

If we had 3 episodes left I'd say it was a likely conclusion.

Don't think it could get wrapped up like that in one episode where Dany needs to be eliminated and Jon needs to properly abdicate before it could happen.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

But seriously. He's 3rd in line and has Baratheon and Targaryen blood and wants to marry the most badass of the Starks.

Don't think it could get wrapped up like that in one episode where Dany needs to be eliminated and Jon needs to properly abdicate before it could happen.

This is true my friend but lets remember George RR martin is no longer writing the script..... D.B Weiss and David Benoiff could rap this series up in 12 minutes ....which they probably will.

• Like 1

The Night's King was the 13th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. North of the Wall he finds a woman with skin as cold as ice and brings her back to the Wall, where they rule at the Nightfort until the combined forces of King Brandon Stark and the King Beyond-the-Wall defeat him. 

They find out that the Night's King was making sacrifices to the Others. All records of him were destroyed and his name was forbidden. 

Some people think he came from one of the northern houses. Old Nan thinks he was a Stark. 

When Jon Snow meets Ygritte he tells her his name, and she flinches. She says it's an evil name. 

The Night's King was named Jon Snow. Current Jon Snow will become the Night King and end his story where Tormund thinks he belongs, in the "real north." 

1 hour ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

The answer is fan service and that's the only answer.

Davos even quotes a meme when he meets Gendry in season 7 by saying "I thought you'd still be rowing"

1 hour ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Dany condems Jon Snow to die and trys to burn him with dragon fire, Snow is a Targaryen and cant die from fire , Arya and Jon Snow kill both Dany and her dragon. Jon Snow gives the throne the Gendry Barathion

Targaryens aren't immune to fire and heat. That's a magical unknown quality exclusive to Dany. 

Jon has already been burned in the season 1 though established world canon isn't safe from these writers at this point.

37 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

If this show ends with Gendry on the Iron Throne married to Arya I might never come back to this board again and will never watch another second of HBO 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

17 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

If this show ends with Gendry on the Iron Throne married to Arya I might never come back to this board again and will never watch another second of HBO 

What are you going to do when Jamie and Cersei crawl out from under a trash dumpster next episode?

• Haha 7

12 minutes ago, Epochalypse said:

What are you going to do when Jamie and Cersei crawl out from under a trash dumpster next episode?

Come back here to rationally and politely express my beliefs on the show's mistakes:

tenor.gif

10 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Took 8 seasons for this show to go full Walking Dead.

And that Glenn dumpster bull**** was when TWD completely lost me. I have hate watched ever since. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Epochalypse said:

We also find out Euron actually didn't die. He was in hiding waiting for the perfect opportunity to use a hidden scorpion to bring down Drogon. Dragons are now off the table and it's Jon vs Daeny mano-a-mano.

So why not just kill her [Arya] here and further the story in the process?

I know this was 5 pages ago but HOW DARE YOU.

HOW DARE YOU!

32 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

If Jamie & Cersei survive that will be some Glenn's magical dumpster (TWD) level chicanery. 

In fairness, Arya survived similar stuff like 6 times that episode so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Arya survived a knife to the gut followed by a swim in a filthy medieval river. Arya may be immortal.

Honestly, the main characters are actually pretty hardy, and that's even before they all donned their plot armor for episode 3.  They survive a lot, unless they needed to die.  Then they died.

Like Ned took a sword to the back of the leg season 1 and had a permanent limp, but meanwhile how many times have we seen a character's leg slashed since then and they prance around?

Edited by DogofWar1

9 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Honestly, the main characters are actually pretty hardy, and that's even before they all donned their plot armor for episode 3.  They survive a lot, unless they needed to die.  Then they died.

Like Ned took a sword to the back of the leg season 1 and had a permanent limp, but meanwhile how many times have we seen a character's leg slashed since then and they prance around?

The Hound's body has to have been one large scar. The scar tissue he had is epic.

21 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Strategic battles against the WW. Several hardhome type moments. Lots of maps and strategy room scenes similar to Robb’s camps during the war of the 5 kings. We have great battle plans from Tyrion that are keeping the group as successful as they are.

I dunno... how do you do that against an enemy that doesn't need food, shelter, or sleep and can also be repeatedly risen up as soon as the HN(ecromancer)IC* devotes his attention to raising them.

I never really had a problem with the necessity of a One&Done strategy against the Night King...just the execution (Dragons breathe fire from Keep walls.

• Like 1

Why was HBO so hard set on wrapping up after 8 seasons anyway? It's not like ratings were trending down.

Season Episodes Originally aired Avg. U.S. viewers
(millions)
First aired Last aired
  1 10 April 17, 2011 June 19, 2011 2.52[13]
  2 10 April 1, 2012 June 3, 2012 3.80[13]
  3 10 March 31, 2013 June 9, 2013 4.97[14]
  4 10 April 6, 2014 June 15, 2014 6.84[15]
  5 10 April 12, 2015 June 14, 2015 6.88[16]
  6 10 April 24, 2016 June 26, 2016 7.69[17]
  7 7 July 16, 2017 August 27, 2017 10.26[18]
  • Like 1