Voice_of_Reason

Game of Thrones Season 8

Recommended Posts

Funny, i caught a few ep's of season 1 myself over the weekend.

 

I agree though, GoT's pilot is about as flawless as a modern day pilot can get. Damn title itself became a pop culture phenomenon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Funny, i caught a few ep's of season 1 myself over the weekend.

 

I agree though, GoT's pilot is about as flawless as a modern day pilot can get. Damn title itself became a pop culture phenomenon 

 

It's a re shoot of the original pilot that was never released. Apparently there was some "massive problem" with the original.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

At this rate I feel like the books and show are blended enough to not have to dig up the ASOIAF book thread ...

 

Anyone else reading the new Martin book on the Targaeryans? God it's good. Can't put it down. I'm like 350 pages in and just now getting to 100 AC ... Martin and his editors have a way of telling a story

 

Does it have a end ?  Or is it half finished like ASoIaF ?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

 

It's called Fire and Blood. It's a book chronicling the history of the Targaryens from Aegon and his conquest through the Mad King I believe. 

 

I'm hoping this was something GRRM had to get out in order to kick his writers block or get in a rhythm or align the pieces in his head, whatver it takes so he can finish the books. I would like to read the complete series some day. 

 

Thanks, Momma!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I can tell, ironically the book is just up 170 AC which is just over halfway. At least that’s my assumption based on the table of contents. So presumably there’s a second half to it. 

 

Ill say this though ... after reading 400 pages of this book it’s clear to me that Martin (rightfully so) is obsessed with continuing to build the history and the groundwork of this world that the ASOIAF series is merely a snapshot. This is represented by the level of immense detail and the ripple effects of various events and people over the 290 or so years of detail GRRM is putting out. 

 

I think Martin has resigned to letting HBO kick ass and finish the story for him while he continues to build the Lore behind it. 

 

I mean in reading Fire and Blood I think you could do a 3-4 season show for each major series of events. Personally I was super into reading about Jahaerys I and his 55+ hear reign from 46-102 or whatever. Obviously you can’t do a show that easily especially covering such a long period of time and it would be easiest to focus on maybe 5 year stints but this world he’s built is so detailed and intricate and fun that I can understand why he’s not interested in finishing the current story. The 10 year span between Aegon the Conquerer dying and stint of the weak successor his son Aenys and then his half bro Meagor before the rise of Aenys 3rd son jaeharys and all the events in between would be possibly more intriguing than the events of ASOIAF and could probably last just as long in terms of seasons 

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2018 at 4:36 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Episode 1 is so good though. They lay so much groundwork for the characters and world. It's impressive. Can't wait for another binge. 

You should listen to the Binge Mode podcast after each episode for full experience. 

 

Combined with thecshow, it’s about 120 hours of content...  piece of cake. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I was watching a show with my daughter, who’s 5.  It’s calles “Mia and Me.”  The story is of a girl who magically transforms into a cartoon elf in a magical land with unicorns and other such things.  

 

The girl who plays real life Mia was familiar, but I couldn’t place her.

 

967E0702-A26B-4939-A0A3-5107E64FB71D.thumb.jpeg.8bfa4832b26585f345129b82457fc289.jpeg

 

Its a very wholesome show.

 

But I just couldn’t place the main actress.

 

Until.1768E63B-E7EB-4DBF-B2B2-AE47D5F9736D.jpeg.be3d2211032ecc420ce78975847564e3.jpeg

 

Googled it to make sure.

 

Yup.  

 

Puts Mia and Me in an entirely different light.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You should listen to the Binge Mode podcast after each episode for full experience. 

 

Combined with thecshow, it’s about 120 hours of content...  piece of cake. :)

 

I thought I was the one that told you about those in this thread lol. Mallory and Jason are amazing. Can't wait for season 8. 

 

Bald Move has also done recaps of every episode and they go into book stuff a little bit like Jason does. Those two guys are pretty funny, you should check them out too. 

 

21 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Its a very wholesome show.

 

Every time you watch it now just think: you want a good girl but you need the bad ****

 

I think that owns spots 1-3 in top 5 worst dialogue in the entire series. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

 

I thought I was the one that told you about those in this thread lol. Mallory and Jason are amazing. Can't wait for season 8. 

 

Bald Move has also done recaps of every episode and they go into book stuff a little bit like Jason does. Those two guys are pretty funny, you should check them out too. 

You were the one who recommended Binge Mode.  Changed my life.  Or at least has me wasting more time... I was being somewhat ... ironic?  chuckle. I don't know if you are a Harry Potter fan, but they're doing a Harry Potter thing (I'm sure you know this), and if you like Potter, it's a great listen.

 

I  have listened to Bald Move for a while.  I like them also.

 

47 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

 

Every time you watch it now just think: you want a good girl but you need the bad ****

 

I think that owns spots 1-3 in top 5 worst dialogue in the entire series. 

Yeah, it was awful. As an interesting Mia and Me plot point, in season 2 she heavily flirts with the farm boy, and they also have some fairly awkward dialog. 

 

The actress doesn't seem to have the same accent in Mia and Me, and is, for what it's worth (minus some forced flirting), not bad in it. It's mostly a voice acting thing, but she appears "in real life" at the beginning and end of each show.

 

The actress was 15 or 16 at the time Mia and Me was shot (I think), and 19 when she was in Game of Thrones (both of these facts I learned when I confirmed the 2 were one in the same).

 

It's just weird watching her in a wholesome kids show, knowing you've seen her in a nude scene. And I guess what makes it more weird to me is I saw the adult show first, then the kids show. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I just spent a whole lot of vacation time watching the entire series all over again. Best show ever. I decided to watch this time with captions on and it really improved my comprehension of everything. There's so much going on in every episode and throughout the story arcs that I caught a lot I was missing or forgetting before.

Edited by Chachie
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chachie said:

I just spent a whole lot of vacation time watching the entire series all over again. Best show ever. I decided to watch this time with captions on and it really improved my comprehension of everything. There's so much going on in every episode and throughout the story arcs that I caught a lot I was missing or forgetting before.

Except in season 5 where nothing or the same thing happens for 4 episodes.  

 

Im going to start my rewatch as soon as I’m done with Ozark.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

What is it now three more months until the final season...

 

April, I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2018 at 4:29 PM, Voice_of_Reason said:

You were the one who recommended Binge Mode.  Changed my life.  Or at least has me wasting more time... I was being somewhat ... ironic?  chuckle. I don't know if you are a Harry Potter fan, but they're doing a Harry Potter thing (I'm sure you know this), and if you like Potter, it's a great listen.

 

I  have listened to Bald Move for a while.  I like them also.

 

 

Ah I got you lol. Yes I like HP but have only seen the movies so I’ve been skipping their book pods and just listening to the movies which are really good. Once I read them then I’ll go back and listen. 

 

Looking forward to them finishing up tho so they can get back to movies 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

 

Ah I got you lol. Yes I like HP but have only seen the movies so I’ve been skipping their book pods and just listening to the movies which are really good. Once I read them then I’ll go back and listen. 

 

Looking forward to them finishing up tho so they can get back to movies 

Are you a Song of Ice and Fire book reader?

 

i highly recommend the Harry Potter books.  The movies are MAYBE 1/8 of what’s in the books.

 

i agree, better to read the books before listening to the pods.  

 

They are pretty quick reads.  

Edited by Voice_of_Reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

 

i highly recommend the Harry Potter books.  The movies are MAYBE 1/8 of what’s in the books.

My family used to listen to the audio books together.  They were so good.  There is a lot of great stuff that didn’t make it into the movies, like the ministry of magic craziness in book 5 near the end and a bunch of stuff in book 4.

Edited by visionary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Are you a Song of Ice and Fire book reader?

 

i highly recommend the Harry Potter books.  The movies are MAYBE 1/8 of what’s in the books.

 

i agree, better to read the books before listening to the pods.  

 

They are pretty quick reads.  

 

We actually read the first HP book in 7th grade. It was a lot of fun I just never followed up on the rest

 

Haven't read ASOIAF yet. I would love to but i really don't want to start if they are never finished. So i'm playing the waiting game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn;t worry so much about whether or not he finishes the series.     the first three GOT books are great...  and then.. not as much.    i would bet 10 to 1 that he hasn;t finished the last books, because he doesn't know how to.   chances are really good that if he ever DOES finish them... it will be a giant disappointment.    

 

read the first 3, and enjoy them  as a trilogy.   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

I wouldn;t worry so much about whether or not he finishes the series.     the first three GOT books are great...  and then.. not as much.    i would bet 10 to 1 that he hasn;t finished the last books, because he doesn't know how to.   chances are really good that if he ever DOES finish them... it will be a giant disappointment.    

 

read the first 3, and enjoy them  as a trilogy.   

 

 Agree, waited a decade for the 5th book only to hear Martin say it wasnt finished. Then the show came out.

 

5th book was absolutely unfinished. He wasnt joking.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14637D58-3408-4512-BBC9-6EEB5A0738C7.jpeg.ba4f81cb4263692ea59a725b2ac6ea1f.jpeg

 

Litterally 5 seconds of new footage and the fandom has lost its collective mind.   

 

An alternative line from Sansa should have been “I’ve been talking to Bran. Your Grace. I think you both should see him.  I would suggest taking wine with you, probably best to go straight away before this becomes more awkward. You’re in for a surprise...”

 

Turns around and gives the same little smile as when she fed Ramsey to his dogs.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s tough to tell what are new scenes and what are old scenes. 

 

Clearly the scene with Danny entering Winterfell is new.  Im not sure which others are. Maybe none?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It’s tough to tell what are new scenes and what are old scenes. 

 

Clearly the scene with Danny entering Winterfell is new.  Im not sure which others are. Maybe none?

 

The only other new scene is the elephant dropping the ball under the bridge. I don’t think that’s even a GOT scene tho, it’s from something else. Seemed out of place. 

 

A good fan trailer tho 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.