Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 8

Voice_of_Reason

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I just don’t get it. So disappointed 

Think about it though, man, there was no way they were going to win that fight and it's a fantasy show.  

Fast zombies are absolute worst case scenario, modern interpretations show today's technology wouldnt fair any better.

What drama is left? They’ve got 2 dragons and Cersei has an army of 20,000? We saw how that played out last season. 

The producers basically said they’ve known Arya would be the one for like 3 years and they wanted it to be a surprise. Surprise for the sake of surprise isn’t good story telling. It just wasn’t earned imo. And even then, then execution was terrible. There are 200 wights and like 50 WW standing there and she’s so ****ing fast she is literally the wind blowing a WW hair as she runs by? 

What the actual hell. 

Im most upset because it’s my own damn fault for caring so much about this story and expecting it to matter when it’s clearly just “let’s wrap this thing up as quickly and straight forward as possible” 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I was hoping hed set him on fire so hed know hes immune to fire, too.

That would have been great.  Have him running around Stark (ahem) naked screaming "what the **** how am I alive!" after the Dragon nukes him. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

That would have been great.  Have him running around Stark (ahem) naked screaming "what the **** how am I alive!" after the Dragon nukes him. 

Or running into the red keep on fire to star down the NK for one final battle, officially jumping the shark.

Btw, we dont know how long Arya was in there with them, we jus know she left that room to protect Bran.  She coulda be in the tree for all we know waiting for him.

Edited by Renegade7

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Btw, we dont know how long Arya was in there with them, we jus know she left that room to protect Bran.  She coulda be in the tree for all we know waiting for him.

Edited just now by Renegade7

Thats fine, Id have preferred that. Show her walking on the wall around the godswood, jumping onto a branch and then jumping down. 

Or when Bran looks up at the NK from

his angle we can see Arya in the tree above the NK and then she jumps. What a surprise that would have been. Would have been really cool actually 

• Like 1

Did Bran really just warg into a crow the entire time? What is the actual purpose of him? He should have just died if he has no use to the story. 

I find it impossible to believe this has anything to do with GRRMs outline, bullet points or notes. Bran is completely useless. His existence in the entire story is just to verify Jon’s parentage? That’s what the 3 eyed raven wanted him for? 

With the WW gone I can’t help but feel like they’ve just dropped so many storylines and character arcs. 

Im going to bed 

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Did Bran really just warg into a crow the entire time? What is the actual purpose of him? He should have just died if he has no use to the story. 

I find it impossible to believe this has anything to do with GRRMs outline, bullet points or notes. Bran is completely useless. His existence in the entire story is just to verify Jon’s parentage? That’s what the 3 eyed raven wanted him for? 

With the WW gone I can’t help but feel like they’ve just dropped so many storylines and character arcs. 

Im going to bed 

Bran was mostly the bait and I guess helped a lot of this come together for a while now.  He baited the Night’s King and maybe saw what would happen before coming back to himself because of what he said to Theon.  I do wish he had done more visibly in this episode though. It would have been cool if he had stabbed the Night’s King while Arya distracted him.   Or warged some undead. That said, he did give Arya the weapon that won the battle.

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Im going to bed 

I do think this is the end of Arya’s story. I don’t think he continues to KL and she stays at Winterfell to begin rebuilding. She can’t kill both the NK and Cersei.

Just now, Barry.Randolphe said:

Cersei is on her list...

True but it’s too obvious for her to do it. If she does go to KL I could see her putting the Hound out of his misery if he battles the Mountain and either loses or is severely injured in victory. 

24 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I half expected Bran to say to NK, okay you won again for the 1999th straight time.  Best 2000 out 3999.

NK wanting to kill Bran specifically was never really explained well enough.  Memory of the world?  Who cares?

None of it matters. The show completely abandoned anything that its been building up to. 

Cersei was proven right. She paid no repercussions for her selfish and shortsighted idea to not fight for humanity.  The greatest threat the world has ever known, ultimately meant nothing. 

Dany united the entire Dothraki and brought them to Westeros so they could all die in 5 minutes and we don’t have to worry about them in a post war world. But hey they beat the Lannister’s once. 

The Prince That Was Promised, Lightbringer, the long night, all these stories and prophecies meant nothing. Prophecies don’t have to mean anything except that all of this came from Melisandre which gives them credibility since she has accurately predicted them before and at the very least saw the future in visions even if she has misinterpreted those visions. 

The white walkers are some existential threat that humanity must join together to have any hope of defeating. Except humanity didn’t have to all join together, they could continue focusing on their own shallow desires. 

Bran being recruited by the 3ER to take his role to ultimately serve no purpose in the Great War. Act as bait? If it wasn’t for Bran the original 3ER would have been safe in his cave forever and the NK wouldn’t bee able to accomplish the only stated goal the show has ever given him. 

Jon is built up as the protagonist of the story, he’s the one that has stared down the NK and yet in the moment of despair he is content to scream at a dragon while he gets roasted alive. He makes no impact in the battle for dawn. Literally none. At least Dany hit him with dragon fire and tried to kill him. 

• Like 3

https://ew.com/recap/game-of-thrones-recap-winterfell-battle/

As Sapochnik says in our interview (link to full story below): “I thought, ‘Hmm, if I see Arya running then I know she’s going to do something. So it’s about almost losing her from the story and then have her come in as a surprise and pinning all our hopes on Jon being the guy going to do it — because Jon’s always the guy. So we follow Jon in a continuous shot I want the audience to think: ‘Jon’s gonna do it, Jon’s gonna do it…’ and then he fails. He fails at the very last minute. So I’m hoping that’s a nice switch that no one sees coming.”

I noticed some have already pointed out that Arya practiced the catch and stab method in previous training and that she stabbed the NK in the exact place he was stabbed by the Children of the Forest to create him.   I wonder if she got lucky, or if Bran or someone mentioned that stabbing him there might be important.  Or is it just a coincidence and she could have killed him by stabbing him anywhere?

Edited by visionary

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The Prince That Was Promised, Lightbringer, the long night, all these stories and prophecies meant nothing. Prophecies don’t have to mean anything except that all of this came from Melisandre which gives them credibility since she has accurately predicted them before and at the very least saw the future in visions even if she has misinterpreted those visions. 

Melisandra herself said prophecies arent always so clear. 

Missandei revealed last season “That noun has no gender in High Valyrian. The proper translation for that prophecy would be, ‘the prince or princess who was promised will bring the dawn.’”

The stories/prophecies did mean something. Even tho they were misinterpreted and misunderstood. 

Edited by clietas
  • Like 1