Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 8

Voice_of_Reason

23 minutes ago, Hersh said:

The Bran-Jaime reunion was awesome. I’m as interested to see how Bran story goes as any character in the show. 

Im pretty sure he will either be the NK or somehow be linked to him. He’s way too important and powerful to just be sitting there telling people what happened 5 minutes ago somewhere 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Jamie just rolling in by himself struck me as odd.  He might gain some understanding with the ruling class, but the good people ofthe north don’t seem like forgiving folk.  I assumed they would lynch him if he was caught on his own.

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

Jamie just rolling in by himself struck me as odd.  He might gain some understanding with the ruling class, but the good people ofthe north don’t seem like forgiving folk.  I assumed they would lynch him if he was caught on his own.

I don’t think anyone recognized him. It was a good contrast to the first episode when he rides him on a white horse in armor with his golden locks flowing and everyone staring at him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Destino said:

I assume he wanted to go incognito until he found someone important, maybe.  

Also he didn't exactly leave King's Landing with an entourage.

Image result for jaime leaving cersei gif

Although I was wondering while re-watching the last episode, why he didn't try to get some people or soldiers to go with him. 

Maybe he was in a hurry and figured he needed to warn the North and get out before Cersei changed her mind.

Edited by visionary

8 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

That’s stealing money. I don’t know why anyone would have taken that bet. 

As for the episode, those reunions matter because they are normal reactions the people would have in the world. To skip over them is unrealistic and a hide disservice to the world building this show has established. These are the most important people in the world meeting in an apocalyptic time for their world. They need time to talk and flesh some of this stuff out 

i thought this epsidoe was a home run 

I agree with what you’re saying here for sure but after waiting almost 2 years I thought it would have been more of an intense episode, especially how their is only 5 episodes left. I think I hyped myself up too much but in hindsight that episode was necessary.

54 minutes ago, max21 said:

I agree with what you’re saying here for sure but after waiting almost 2 years I thought it would have been more of an intense episode, especially how their is only 5 episodes left. I think I hyped myself up too much but in hindsight that episode was necessary.

Yeah, I'm definitely ready for the **** to hit the fan, but the buildup with the characters in episodes like this is what makes those battles more intense and have more meaning.

I'm pretty sure the longest filmed battle in tv and movie history is coming up. Longer than Helms Deep is almost hard to believe. We just have to get through this episode and the next one.  

I'd wager the next episode is more like this one and it will end with the NK's army arriving outside of Winterfell as both sides are just waiting to engage. 

5 hours ago, Destino said:

Did I hear correctly, did Arya says Sansa was the smartest person she knows?  Because that can’t be right.  I saw the first five seasons.  I have not forgotten.

Arya has spent the series mostly around the Hound, dumb farmers, and Jaquen. Not exactly intellectual heavyweights. Sansa probably seems like an enlightenment philosopher in comparison. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Destino said:

He was wearing a hooded cloak, you simpleton! Cloaks in that age were impenetrable visually. 

"Oh, he's got a cloak." Either he's an upstanding citizen. Only upstanding citizens wear cloaks. Or hooded cloaks didn't arouse suspicion back then. Good thing they didn't have a medieval George Zimmerman around. 

5 hours ago, Destino said:

Did I hear correctly, did Arya says Sansa was the smartest person she knows?  Because that can’t be right.  I saw the first five seasons.  I have not forgotten.

Sansa has evolved? She knows to read/see all the angles now? Learned from being around Cersei and Littlefinger.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Only a handful of people in the north know what Jaime looked like. Most died at the red wedding and those that didn't probably don't know him with short hair and a full beard. If his hand was covered and he had no signs of Lannister gold, he would look like any other regular person rolling through. 

I'm not an expert, but a decently good-looking man, NoHibbert, without a sun-worn visage riding a decent horse screams "NOT A COMMONER!"

Look at those dregs lining the parade route at the beginning. You don't think he'd stand out?

10 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

If they care about each other, that's only option one of them doesn't die.  I think Danny dies anyway, that's why Kit is so numb to the ending 

I've always thought Dany would die and have long said that she might become a villain. That would be a wild GOT twist. Jon realizing as a King that he needs to do what is right and that she might not be right for Westeros if she becomes vengeful and mad after losing her dragons in the great war or becomes resentful of Jon as the rightful heir. 

4 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

I'm not an expert, but a decently good-looking man, NoHibbert, without a sun-worn visage riding a decent horse screams "NOT A COMMONER!"

Look at those dregs lining the parade route at the beginning. You don't think he'd stand out?

I get your point but probably not enough for someone to say, "oh ****, that handsome hooded figure that just passed me for 2 seconds is Jaime Lannister". Especially not after all the pomp and ceremony of Jon and Dany's arrival. People aren't paying attention to some lone rider, no matter how handsome (all hibbert) he is. They just had 5-6 of the most famous people in the world roll into town and 2 dragons. He's definitely under the radar.

I really can't get enough of the intro sequence. It's been one of my favorite parts about the show since the very beginning. I was hoping they would do something special for season 8 but I didn't expect them to entirely redo the thing. Since they only have two places to go they have moved from showing just the locations to showing the places in those locations we actually go and spending longer for each spot.

For example, Winterfell showed the great hall and the crypts where most of the important scenes took place. Kings Landing showed the red keep where Cersei was and the throne room. Also, I loved that it starts at the destroyed wall and the map turns blue following the white walkers throughout.

The 3 bands no longer show Robert's rebellion. The first band shows the NK bringing down the wall. The second shows the Red Wedding and the last one shows Daenerys rising up with 3 baby dragons while horses (dothraki) kneel to her under a comet in the sky. The events of this show have now become immortalized is the legends and historical significance that they are. As someone that loves the lore and world building of the show, this just makes me happy.

• Thanks 1