• Blog Entries

    • By Destino in ES Coverage
         1
      We’re still doing this?  Absolutely!  Despite all the compelling reasons to just let everyone go home and enjoy and extended offseason, this is not an option.  The games must be played, and therefore we the long-suffering fans will feel compelled to watch.  Even games no reasonable football fan would choose to watch like, for example, today’s Redskins Jets game.   

      Today’s convergence of sadness features the 30th ranked scoring offense (Jets 14.4 ppg) versus the 32nd (Redskins 12.0 ppg).  The first team to 15 wins!  With no playoff aspirations the compelling story lines for this game are largely limited to watching young players (hopefully) develop.  Dwayne Haskins gets his first home start and Derrius Guice is back from injury.   
       
      My, reasonable, goals for today’s game:  
      1- Score a touchdown 
      2- Score more than 17 points.   
      3- Haskins throws for 200 yards or more with no interceptions  
      4- Guice runs the ball at least 10 times and finishes at 3.5 yards per carry and healthy.  
       
      Hoping for a win at this point feels like setting myself up for disappointment, so I’m happy to settle for an entertaining loss.  
       
      Special thanks to @pez for some excellent Guinness beef stew.  If you absolutely have to stand in a frozen parking lot at 9am, the best place to do it is at the Extremeskins Tailgate with Pez and @Huly.  Great fans, great people. 
       
      The Redskins have declared for the following players as inactive: 
      Paul Richardson  
      Colt McCoy 
      Deshazor Everett 
      Chris Thompson  
      Ross Pierschbacher 
      Vernon Davis  
      Tim Settle  
       
      The Jets declared the following players as inactive  
      Nate Hairston  
      Darryl Roberts  
      Paul Worrilow 
      Matthias Farley  
      CJ Mosley  
      Jordan Willis  
      Leo Koloamatangi 
       
      1st Quarter - Redskins 0 - 6 Jets
      If you wanted to sit in the cold and watch a football game with some Jets fans at FedEx, but were worried that there were not enough seats available, I have good news.  There’s plenty of space available, so come on down and prove you’re a real fan by sitting though this in person.
       
      Jets dominated the 1st quarter even though they only scored 6 points.  The reason being that Washington managed only 13 yards of offense and a single first down.  
       
      Question: Is it still a check down pass if the QB never looks at anyone else?
       
      2nd Quarter - Redskins 3 - 20 Jets
      The Jets have achieved an insurmountable 13 point lead early in the 2nd quarter.  All hope is lost.

      Is there a more perfect example of the Redskins offense than their first scoring drive in the 2nd quarter?  Interception gives the Redskins the ball on the Jets 16 yard line.  They proceed to march 10 yards backwards before kicking a field goal from the Jets 26.  It's perfect.  Two or three more field goals we can call it a day. 

      The Jets score again and if feels like they are are just piling on at this point.  Three touchdowns in the first half for them, just three points for the redskins.  Our streak of no touchdowns has now extended to 15 quarters. 
       
      3rd Quarter - Redskins 3 - 20 Jets
      There is a spider slowly descending from the ceiling in the press box and it's the most interesting thing that's happened during the third quarter of this game. 
       
      I have decided to allow the spider to live, provided it does not touch me.  I'm off to get some more caffeine. 

      4th Quarter - Redskins 17 - 34 Jets
      The first wave of Redskins fans, the few that are here, started streaming towards the exits after that 4th Jets touchdown.  As if the Jets didn't have this game wrapped up in the 2nd quarter. 
       
      Jet have now more than doubled their average points per game and have matched their season high of 34 points (and they missed two field goals in this game). 
       
      TOUCHDOWN REDSKINS!  THE DROUGHT IT OVER!  Guice took a short pass from Haskins  all the way to the house.  2 point conversion is successful on a pass from Haskins to Quinn. 
       
      The Redskins score another touchdown!  This feels like an embarrassment of riches, even if we are still certain to lose this game. 
       
      End of Game.
       
      Let's review those reasonable goals I mentioned earlier:
       
      1- Success.
      2- Close enough, I'm counting it
      3- Haskins did throw for over 200, but unfortunately did have an interception. 
      4- Guice was not given the opportunity to run the ball ten times today.  He did however score on a 45 yard TD pass and finish the game healthy.  I'll take it.
       
      Even though the Redskins lost, it was good to see the offense show some faint signs of life and end the streak of games without a TD.  The team looked competitive for much of the second half, and perhaps they could have made this a fun game if they carried that same energy throughout.  It was good to see Guice and Mclaurin show out today.  I think both of them have a future with this team that I look forward to seeing. 

       
       

       
       
       
       
       
Voice_of_Reason

Game of Thrones Season 8

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Chew said:

Balls tingled slightly...

 

May I suggest....

 

45010_3.jpg

Edited by ExoDus84
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doing a rewatch now and it’s the first time my wife has seen it. Finally convinced her to try it. She doesn’t really like things set in medieval type periods and thought it was going to be like LOTR which she didn’t like. 

 

She ended the first episode when Jaime pushes Bran from the tower with a “holy ****” and she’s been hooked ever since. She’s just blown away by it all. How great it all looks, the story, the characters the acting.

 

We started last Monday and are at like season 3 episode 4. Red Wedding incoming. The poor thing...

  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they're going to have some of the characters in Winterfell treat Bran as a villain this season. He's basically the super NSA. 

 

He's going to repeat "the things I do for love" to Jaime Lannister the same way he freaked out Littlefinger with "chaos is a ladder." 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love GOT just as much as everyone else, but man I'm going through Sophie Turner fatigue. I don't mind her so much in GOT

 (she's actually a pretty ideal Sansa) but stay out XMen please. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PF Chang said:

I think they're going to have some of the characters in Winterfell treat Bran as a villain this season. He's basically the super NSA. 

 

He's going to repeat "the things I do for love" to Jaime Lannister the same way he freaked out Littlefinger with "chaos is a ladder." 

 

Why would that freak Jaime out? It freaked Littlefinger out because Bran wasn’t there but still knew what happened. 

 

Bran might actually defend Jaime by bringing up what actually went down with the mad king when some northerner steps to Jaime calling him the Kingslayer or something.

 

I still think bran causes the mad king to go crazy. They’ve set up his powers and him impacting the past too much for him to not do anything with it beyond causing Hoder to lose his mind. I mean if I’m Bran I’d know the second the NK turned the dragon into a wight and the second they brought down the wall. He should be doing 1 of 2 things: 

 

A) studying the NK’s movements 24/7. 

 

2) going back to the Long Night and finding out what happened the first time the White Walkers attacked and how they were defeated then. 

 

He hasn’t been shown to be doing either of these things so I can only guess he’s messing around in histories trying to prevent the WW return entirely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Predictions:

 

Jamie gets killed following an order from Dany. In response, Cersei has Dany killed.

 

Dany loses another dragon. Bran takes control of the last and carries Jon over to a final confrontation with the Night King, where he eventually kills him, destroying the White Walkers for good.

 

In the show's final scene, Arya assassinates Cersei.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My predictions:

 

Bran caused the mad king to go mad. Bran may also be the NK or set off the events that caused the return of the WW during one of his times watching the past. 

 

Jaime Tyrion and Cersei all die. Cersei kills Tyrion and Jaime kills Cersei. Not sure how Jaime dies. Something heroic to give him a final redemption. I think he is taking both of them out together much as they came into the world together as twins. 

 

NK dragon kills Rhaegal in battle but doesn’t resurrect him. 

 

As Daenerys is flying in battle NK kills drogon and she crashes near him. Jon is too late to stop him before she’s killed. 

 

In a final climactic battle, the NK and Jon square off. Jon is disarmed and wounded, moments from death. Just before the killing blow, Ghost saves Jon, giving his life in the process. This buys Jon just enough time to pick up longclaw and resume the battle which he ultimately wins. The NK is killed dropping all WW and wights in their tracks. 

 

Or Jon gets there just in time to save Daenerys and the rest plays out as said above. Afterwards The trauma causes her to go into labor and she dies during childbirth. This may also happen later after Cersei is dealt with. I can see Dany sitting on the iron throne only for a fleeting few moments before death and slowly acknowledging that it’s Jon’s rightful seat as the true heir. 

 

Jon sits on the iron throne as the true last Targaryen and the end of the kings in Westeros. He relinquishes the throne and institutes a democracy similar to the Lord Commander elections of the Nights Watch and returns north of the wall to live in solitude. We do not know what develops of Westeros after this, just that there are no more Kings, magic or threat of white walkers. The world can move on. Most of the country and nearly all of the great houses are destroyed. It is the dawn of a new age. It is implied that Sam tells the story of A Song of Ice and Fire, a period of Westeros relating to dragons and white walkers and the battle for the iron throne and the fate of the world, secretly Sam hints the title is really named after  his best friend, the real Song of Ice and Fire, Jon Snow

 

The Hound kills the Mountain, he might push him into a fire. Hound also dies later. 

 

Here is everybody that dies:

 

NK

Bran 

Darnerys

Jaime

Cersei

Tyrion

Mountain 

Hound 

Grey Worm

Jorah

All dragons 

all direwolfs 

Melissandre

Beric

 

survivors:

Jon

Sansa

Sam

Tormund 

Missandei 

Bronn

Brianne

Gendry 

 

 

 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

 

Why would that freak Jaime out? It freaked Littlefinger out because Bran wasn’t there but still knew what happened. 

 

Bran might actually defend Jaime by bringing up what actually went down with the mad king when some northerner steps to Jaime calling him the Kingslayer or something.

 

I still think bran causes the mad king to go crazy. They’ve set up his powers and him impacting the past too much for him to not do anything with it beyond causing Hoder to lose his mind. I mean if I’m Bran I’d know the second the NK turned the dragon into a wight and the second they brought down the wall. He should be doing 1 of 2 things: 

 

A) studying the NK’s movements 24/7. 

 

2) going back to the Long Night and finding out what happened the first time the White Walkers attacked and how they were defeated then. 

 

He hasn’t been shown to be doing either of these things so I can only guess he’s messing around in histories trying to prevent the WW return entirely. 

 

In theory Bran doesn't remember anything about his fall. I might be confusing that with the books though. 

 

I agree that Bran whispering "burn them all" in the past affected the Mad King. I think "burn them all" is going to echo in the last few episodes too. The Night King will be close to destroying King's Landing and adding the dead 1 million population to his army which would be game over. Bran will "burn them all" by warging a dragon and basically nuking King's Landing with wildfire to prevent that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I'd be supremely pissed if Gendry ends up there. He's a minor character and disappeared for 4 seasons. 

 

 

I died lol

He was rowing! Jerk!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PF Chang said:

In theory Bran doesn't remember anything about his fall. I might be confusing that with the books though. 

 

They said in the show he didn't remember but then he gained the ability to see into the past so I have to assume he went back and watched what happened to him and set him on this journey. One wonders, would the 3-eyed Raven have sought out Bran had he kept his legs? Was that always his destiny?

 

5 hours ago, PF Chang said:

I agree that Bran whispering "burn them all" in the past affected the Mad King. I think "burn them all" is going to echo in the last few episodes too. The Night King will be close to destroying King's Landing and adding the dead 1 million population to his army which would be game over.

 

That would coincide with a lot of foreshadowing such as the vision Dany had in the House of the Undying. Also several variations of the phrase "you'll be ruling over ashes" have been made. Bran also had a vision of a dragon flying over King's Landing but i suppose that could have been multiple dragons over the Targaryen history. 

 

5 hours ago, PF Chang said:

Bran will "burn them all" by warging a dragon and basically nuking King's Landing with wildfire to prevent that

 

How does that help anyone lol. Though you did make me think of Jaime being the one to set King's Landing on fire. Would be an interesting conclusion to his story to go back and ultimately do the very thing he killed the Mad King to prevent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

How does that help anyone lol. Though you did make me think of Jaime being the one to set King's Landing on fire. Would be an interesting conclusion to his story to go back and ultimately do the very thing he killed the Mad King to prevent. 

There are a million people in Kings Landing (I believe Tyrion mentioned that last season). It helps by eliminating 1 million potential soldiers for the Night King.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Mad King goes mad because Bran Wargs into him but somehow Hodors him in the process. Which sets off a domino effect that kills his grandfather and uncle and eventually his own dad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

 

Bran also had a vision of a dragon flying over King's Landing but i suppose that could have been multiple dragons over the Targaryen history. 

 

 

D&D have said the weirwood visions are part of Bran's destiny and that the most important one was that vision of the dragon flying over KL, and implied it's in the future. The most important vision being the dragon shadow along with the "you will never walk again, but you will fly" makes me think he'll control it somehow. 

 

As far as that destiny being to warg that dragon to nuke KL, basically what Yohan said. If the Night King is going to attack KL (and given the snowy throne room vision I think it's almost certain) then everyone is going to die anyway but the NK gets a million soldiers. They've mentioned the population of KL a couple of times in recent episodes. Even if it's not Bran I think someone will be setting off wildfire because of this scenario, what you said about Jaime would be interesting. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2019 at 10:27 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

No way too many spoilers. Don’t want to see any photos or trailers 

 

Ditto, very careful to what a watch and read.  Youtube has a great best of, hightlights and crammed videos.  The crammed are pretty cool as they are narrated.   Come on April 14th. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well i'm kinda worried because my wife barely blinked during the red wedding. I feel like I could die from a heart attack right next to her and she'd just go chill and paint her nails before my body was cold. 

 

She said she expected Robb to die because I told her once that nobody was safe and as much as she liked Robb she tried not to get too invested. Catelyn dying surprised her though. She did get pretty shook over Oberyn getting his head crushed like a grape. 

 

We are at Hardhome now and will watch that tonight. I think the Jon Snow death at the end of the season will get her. She's all about some Jon. Also, she adores the princess Shireen and that's about to go down too. That's probably my least favorite part of the series. That was the only moment I questioned why I even watched this damn show lol. 

 

On this last rewatch.. good lord season 4 is incredible. So much happens it's like every episode is a pivotal moment. I think top to bottom that's the best season. However, i still think season 6 might be the most satisfying. I know people are down on it but it has so many great moments. Jon is resurrected, Alliser Thorne is finally killed, Sansa escapes the Boltons and reunites with family finally, the Hound revealed alive, Hodor's origin and death, Daenerys killing all of the Khals and assuming leadership of the entire Dothraki.

 

That's off the top of my head before even getting to what I think is the best back to back episode stretch of the series with Battle of the ****s and Winds of Winter to close out the season. Each is just jam packed with awesome moments:

 

the BotB and final defeat of the Boltons

Starks retaking Winterfell and the North

Arya killing Walder Frey

Cersei blowing up the Sept and killing the Tyrell's

King Tommen suicide

Daenerys pulling the switcheroo on the masters in Mereen and taking over their ships. 

Daenerys naming Tyrion her Hand

the Tower of Joy

Jon's heritage, the biggest mystery that the entire series has been leading to is revealed

Jon being named king in the north

Cersei becoming queen

Daenerys headed to Westeros

 

Season 7 could never live up to this but was still a letdown. A few simple writing changes would have made it so much better. It's still pretty damn good. Most of the issues I have with it are due to the plotline of capturing a wight for Cersei and what happens with that. 

 

Season 8 can't get here fast enough

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2019 at 8:19 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

My predictions:

 

Bran caused the mad king to go mad. Bran may also be the NK or set off the events that caused the return of the WW during one of his times watching the past. 

 

Jaime Tyrion and Cersei all die. Cersei kills Tyrion and Jaime kills Cersei. Not sure how Jaime dies. Something heroic to give him a final redemption. I think he is taking both of them out together much as they came into the world together as twins. 

 

NK dragon kills Rhaegal in battle but doesn’t resurrect him. 

 

As Daenerys is flying in battle NK kills drogon and she crashes near him. Jon is too late to stop him before she’s killed. 

 

In a final climactic battle, the NK and Jon square off. Jon is disarmed and wounded, moments from death. Just before the killing blow, Ghost saves Jon, giving his life in the process. This buys Jon just enough time to pick up longclaw and resume the battle which he ultimately wins. The NK is killed dropping all WW and wights in their tracks. 

 

Or Jon gets there just in time to save Daenerys and the rest plays out as said above. Afterwards The trauma causes her to go into labor and she dies during childbirth. This may also happen later after Cersei is dealt with. I can see Dany sitting on the iron throne only for a fleeting few moments before death and slowly acknowledging that it’s Jon’s rightful seat as the true heir. 

 

Jon sits on the iron throne as the true last Targaryen and the end of the kings in Westeros. He relinquishes the throne and institutes a democracy similar to the Lord Commander elections of the Nights Watch and returns north of the wall to live in solitude. We do not know what develops of Westeros after this, just that there are no more Kings, magic or threat of white walkers. The world can move on. Most of the country and nearly all of the great houses are destroyed. It is the dawn of a new age. It is implied that Sam tells the story of A Song of Ice and Fire, a period of Westeros relating to dragons and white walkers and the battle for the iron throne and the fate of the world, secretly Sam hints the title is really named after  his best friend, the real Song of Ice and Fire, Jon Snow

 

The Hound kills the Mountain, he might push him into a fire. Hound also dies later. 

 

Here is everybody that dies:

 

NK

Bran 

Darnerys

Jaime

Cersei

Tyrion

Mountain 

Hound 

Grey Worm

Jorah

All dragons 

all direwolfs 

Melissandre

Beric

 

survivors:

Jon

Sansa

Sam

Tormund 

Missandei 

Bronn

Brianne

Gendry 

 

 

 

 

and Hot Pie..?    you forgot Hot Pie.     and what about Ed Shereen..?        (and Arya... )

 

I also assume that all the major Greyjoys die... but Theon marginally redeems himself in death.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mcsluggo said:

 

and Hot Pie..?    you forgot Hot Pie.     and what about Ed Shereen..?        (and Arya... )

 

I also assume that all the major Greyjoys die... but Theon marginally redeems himself in death.

 

Hot Pie is not seen again. He’s irrelevant to the story. 

 

I did forget some others. 

 

Arya dies

theon lives

yara dies

euron dies 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm telling you, fat Sam is going to wind up the King on the Iron Throne.  I already posted this theory once, but it is going to happen.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.