Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 8

Voice_of_Reason

Doing a rewatch now and it’s the first time my wife has seen it. Finally convinced her to try it. She doesn’t really like things set in medieval type periods and thought it was going to be like LOTR which she didn’t like. 

She ended the first episode when Jaime pushes Bran from the tower with a “holy ****” and she’s been hooked ever since. She’s just blown away by it all. How great it all looks, the story, the characters the acting.

We started last Monday and are at like season 3 episode 4. Red Wedding incoming. The poor thing...

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

I think they're going to have some of the characters in Winterfell treat Bran as a villain this season. He's basically the super NSA. 

He's going to repeat "the things I do for love" to Jaime Lannister the same way he freaked out Littlefinger with "chaos is a ladder." 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PF Chang said:

I think they're going to have some of the characters in Winterfell treat Bran as a villain this season. He's basically the super NSA. 

He's going to repeat "the things I do for love" to Jaime Lannister the same way he freaked out Littlefinger with "chaos is a ladder." 

Why would that freak Jaime out? It freaked Littlefinger out because Bran wasn’t there but still knew what happened. 

Bran might actually defend Jaime by bringing up what actually went down with the mad king when some northerner steps to Jaime calling him the Kingslayer or something.

I still think bran causes the mad king to go crazy. They’ve set up his powers and him impacting the past too much for him to not do anything with it beyond causing Hoder to lose his mind. I mean if I’m Bran I’d know the second the NK turned the dragon into a wight and the second they brought down the wall. He should be doing 1 of 2 things: 

A) studying the NK’s movements 24/7. 

2) going back to the Long Night and finding out what happened the first time the White Walkers attacked and how they were defeated then. 

He hasn’t been shown to be doing either of these things so I can only guess he’s messing around in histories trying to prevent the WW return entirely. 

Predictions:

Jamie gets killed following an order from Dany. In response, Cersei has Dany killed.

Dany loses another dragon. Bran takes control of the last and carries Jon over to a final confrontation with the Night King, where he eventually kills him, destroying the White Walkers for good.

In the show's final scene, Arya assassinates Cersei.

My predictions:

Bran caused the mad king to go mad. Bran may also be the NK or set off the events that caused the return of the WW during one of his times watching the past. 

Jaime Tyrion and Cersei all die. Cersei kills Tyrion and Jaime kills Cersei. Not sure how Jaime dies. Something heroic to give him a final redemption. I think he is taking both of them out together much as they came into the world together as twins. 

NK dragon kills Rhaegal in battle but doesn’t resurrect him. 

As Daenerys is flying in battle NK kills drogon and she crashes near him. Jon is too late to stop him before she’s killed. 

In a final climactic battle, the NK and Jon square off. Jon is disarmed and wounded, moments from death. Just before the killing blow, Ghost saves Jon, giving his life in the process. This buys Jon just enough time to pick up longclaw and resume the battle which he ultimately wins. The NK is killed dropping all WW and wights in their tracks. 

Or Jon gets there just in time to save Daenerys and the rest plays out as said above. Afterwards The trauma causes her to go into labor and she dies during childbirth. This may also happen later after Cersei is dealt with. I can see Dany sitting on the iron throne only for a fleeting few moments before death and slowly acknowledging that it’s Jon’s rightful seat as the true heir. 

Jon sits on the iron throne as the true last Targaryen and the end of the kings in Westeros. He relinquishes the throne and institutes a democracy similar to the Lord Commander elections of the Nights Watch and returns north of the wall to live in solitude. We do not know what develops of Westeros after this, just that there are no more Kings, magic or threat of white walkers. The world can move on. Most of the country and nearly all of the great houses are destroyed. It is the dawn of a new age. It is implied that Sam tells the story of A Song of Ice and Fire, a period of Westeros relating to dragons and white walkers and the battle for the iron throne and the fate of the world, secretly Sam hints the title is really named after  his best friend, the real Song of Ice and Fire, Jon Snow

The Hound kills the Mountain, he might push him into a fire. Hound also dies later. 

Here is everybody that dies:

NK

Bran 

Darnerys

Jaime

Cersei

Tyrion

Mountain 

Hound 

Grey Worm

Jorah

All dragons 

all direwolfs 

Melissandre

Beric

survivors:

Jon

Sansa

Sam

Tormund 

Missandei 

Bronn

Brianne

Gendry 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Why would that freak Jaime out? It freaked Littlefinger out because Bran wasn’t there but still knew what happened. 

Bran might actually defend Jaime by bringing up what actually went down with the mad king when some northerner steps to Jaime calling him the Kingslayer or something.

I still think bran causes the mad king to go crazy. They’ve set up his powers and him impacting the past too much for him to not do anything with it beyond causing Hoder to lose his mind. I mean if I’m Bran I’d know the second the NK turned the dragon into a wight and the second they brought down the wall. He should be doing 1 of 2 things: 

A) studying the NK’s movements 24/7. 

2) going back to the Long Night and finding out what happened the first time the White Walkers attacked and how they were defeated then. 

He hasn’t been shown to be doing either of these things so I can only guess he’s messing around in histories trying to prevent the WW return entirely. 

In theory Bran doesn't remember anything about his fall. I might be confusing that with the books though. 

I agree that Bran whispering "burn them all" in the past affected the Mad King. I think "burn them all" is going to echo in the last few episodes too. The Night King will be close to destroying King's Landing and adding the dead 1 million population to his army which would be game over. Bran will "burn them all" by warging a dragon and basically nuking King's Landing with wildfire to prevent that. 

5 hours ago, PF Chang said:

In theory Bran doesn't remember anything about his fall. I might be confusing that with the books though. 

They said in the show he didn't remember but then he gained the ability to see into the past so I have to assume he went back and watched what happened to him and set him on this journey. One wonders, would the 3-eyed Raven have sought out Bran had he kept his legs? Was that always his destiny?

I agree that Bran whispering "burn them all" in the past affected the Mad King. I think "burn them all" is going to echo in the last few episodes too. The Night King will be close to destroying King's Landing and adding the dead 1 million population to his army which would be game over.

That would coincide with a lot of foreshadowing such as the vision Dany had in the House of the Undying. Also several variations of the phrase "you'll be ruling over ashes" have been made. Bran also had a vision of a dragon flying over King's Landing but i suppose that could have been multiple dragons over the Targaryen history. 

Bran will "burn them all" by warging a dragon and basically nuking King's Landing with wildfire to prevent that

How does that help anyone lol. Though you did make me think of Jaime being the one to set King's Landing on fire. Would be an interesting conclusion to his story to go back and ultimately do the very thing he killed the Mad King to prevent. 

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

How does that help anyone lol. Though you did make me think of Jaime being the one to set King's Landing on fire. Would be an interesting conclusion to his story to go back and ultimately do the very thing he killed the Mad King to prevent. 

There are a million people in Kings Landing (I believe Tyrion mentioned that last season). It helps by eliminating 1 million potential soldiers for the Night King.

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Bran also had a vision of a dragon flying over King's Landing but i suppose that could have been multiple dragons over the Targaryen history. 

D&D have said the weirwood visions are part of Bran's destiny and that the most important one was that vision of the dragon flying over KL, and implied it's in the future. The most important vision being the dragon shadow along with the "you will never walk again, but you will fly" makes me think he'll control it somehow. 

As far as that destiny being to warg that dragon to nuke KL, basically what Yohan said. If the Night King is going to attack KL (and given the snowy throne room vision I think it's almost certain) then everyone is going to die anyway but the NK gets a million soldiers. They've mentioned the population of KL a couple of times in recent episodes. Even if it's not Bran I think someone will be setting off wildfire because of this scenario, what you said about Jaime would be interesting. 

• Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 10:27 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

No way too many spoilers. Don’t want to see any photos or trailers 

Ditto, very careful to what a watch and read.  Youtube has a great best of, hightlights and crammed videos.  The crammed are pretty cool as they are narrated.   Come on April 14th. 

Well i'm kinda worried because my wife barely blinked during the red wedding. I feel like I could die from a heart attack right next to her and she'd just go chill and paint her nails before my body was cold. 

She said she expected Robb to die because I told her once that nobody was safe and as much as she liked Robb she tried not to get too invested. Catelyn dying surprised her though. She did get pretty shook over Oberyn getting his head crushed like a grape. 

We are at Hardhome now and will watch that tonight. I think the Jon Snow death at the end of the season will get her. She's all about some Jon. Also, she adores the princess Shireen and that's about to go down too. That's probably my least favorite part of the series. That was the only moment I questioned why I even watched this damn show lol. 

On this last rewatch.. good lord season 4 is incredible. So much happens it's like every episode is a pivotal moment. I think top to bottom that's the best season. However, i still think season 6 might be the most satisfying. I know people are down on it but it has so many great moments. Jon is resurrected, Alliser Thorne is finally killed, Sansa escapes the Boltons and reunites with family finally, the Hound revealed alive, Hodor's origin and death, Daenerys killing all of the Khals and assuming leadership of the entire Dothraki.

That's off the top of my head before even getting to what I think is the best back to back episode stretch of the series with Battle of the ****s and Winds of Winter to close out the season. Each is just jam packed with awesome moments:

the BotB and final defeat of the Boltons

Starks retaking Winterfell and the North

Arya killing Walder Frey

Cersei blowing up the Sept and killing the Tyrell's

King Tommen suicide

Daenerys pulling the switcheroo on the masters in Mereen and taking over their ships. 

Daenerys naming Tyrion her Hand

the Tower of Joy

Jon's heritage, the biggest mystery that the entire series has been leading to is revealed

Jon being named king in the north

Cersei becoming queen

Daenerys headed to Westeros

Season 7 could never live up to this but was still a letdown. A few simple writing changes would have made it so much better. It's still pretty damn good. Most of the issues I have with it are due to the plotline of capturing a wight for Cersei and what happens with that. 

Season 8 can't get here fast enough

• Like 1

On 3/6/2019 at 8:19 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

My predictions:

Bran caused the mad king to go mad. Bran may also be the NK or set off the events that caused the return of the WW during one of his times watching the past. 

Jaime Tyrion and Cersei all die. Cersei kills Tyrion and Jaime kills Cersei. Not sure how Jaime dies. Something heroic to give him a final redemption. I think he is taking both of them out together much as they came into the world together as twins. 

NK dragon kills Rhaegal in battle but doesn’t resurrect him. 

As Daenerys is flying in battle NK kills drogon and she crashes near him. Jon is too late to stop him before she’s killed. 

In a final climactic battle, the NK and Jon square off. Jon is disarmed and wounded, moments from death. Just before the killing blow, Ghost saves Jon, giving his life in the process. This buys Jon just enough time to pick up longclaw and resume the battle which he ultimately wins. The NK is killed dropping all WW and wights in their tracks. 

Or Jon gets there just in time to save Daenerys and the rest plays out as said above. Afterwards The trauma causes her to go into labor and she dies during childbirth. This may also happen later after Cersei is dealt with. I can see Dany sitting on the iron throne only for a fleeting few moments before death and slowly acknowledging that it’s Jon’s rightful seat as the true heir. 

Jon sits on the iron throne as the true last Targaryen and the end of the kings in Westeros. He relinquishes the throne and institutes a democracy similar to the Lord Commander elections of the Nights Watch and returns north of the wall to live in solitude. We do not know what develops of Westeros after this, just that there are no more Kings, magic or threat of white walkers. The world can move on. Most of the country and nearly all of the great houses are destroyed. It is the dawn of a new age. It is implied that Sam tells the story of A Song of Ice and Fire, a period of Westeros relating to dragons and white walkers and the battle for the iron throne and the fate of the world, secretly Sam hints the title is really named after  his best friend, the real Song of Ice and Fire, Jon Snow

The Hound kills the Mountain, he might push him into a fire. Hound also dies later. 

Here is everybody that dies:

NK

Bran 

Darnerys

Jaime

Cersei

Tyrion

Mountain 

Hound 

Grey Worm

Jorah

All dragons 

all direwolfs 

Melissandre

Beric

survivors:

Jon

Sansa

Sam

Tormund 

Missandei 

Bronn

Brianne

Gendry 

and Hot Pie..?    you forgot Hot Pie.     and what about Ed Shereen..?        (and Arya... )

I also assume that all the major Greyjoys die... but Theon marginally redeems himself in death.

1 minute ago, mcsluggo said:

and Hot Pie..?    you forgot Hot Pie.     and what about Ed Shereen..?        (and Arya... )

I also assume that all the major Greyjoys die... but Theon marginally redeems himself in death.

Hot Pie is not seen again. He’s irrelevant to the story. 

I did forget some others. 

Arya dies

theon lives

yara dies

euron dies