Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Smith Trade Thread (Details Inside)

CRobi21

So we get a 3rd from Kirk.

We upgraded at the position for 4 years at a reasonable rate. Gruden now has stability at the most important position in football. 

We traded a good DB at our deepest position to finalize the deal. 

The Kirk drama is over.

Hosley and Fabian are prime to step up with Gray coaching the way. 

We now have a top 15 pick in the draft where we can profit from a team desperate to move up if Mayfield or Allen drop. 

I don't see how anyone can hate this deal. 

Just now, Skinz_4_life said:

I always thought Alex smith was a good fit for us... but the Kendall fuller part of this deal stings so bad!!! 

I agree....I would prefer offering the 2nd round pick instead of a 3rd and Fuller.  This is total bs.  We will lose Breeland, Fuller and Kirk and get worse at QB and CB...and lose a 3rd round pick.  This is a nightmare scenario right now.  

For the we should have trade Kirk group. At which point could we do that? 75% of the season we where in playoffs hunt. You not trading him them. Neither where the Chiefs trading Smith then. 

So the only options where before the season. When FO might still have a idea that they could sign him. Or at the season end when there is a trade deadline. There is no team that's going to trade for Kirk now. Because he has all the power. You need to make sure you can get him together with a long term deal. Not fall into the crap situation like the Redskins. 

The more you analyze this the more you just have to realize that a perennial playoff team just gave us their trash that has prevented them from moving forward to be a legitimate Superbowl contender and received $17,000,000 in free cash off their books, Kendall Fuller, and a 3rd Round Pick to put in their 1st round groomed QB. We cleaned up Kansas City's trash and paid them to do it, then we paid to extend how long we'll hold the trash in our own house all because our FO failed to sign Cousins to a long-term deal 3 years ago, 2 years ago, and last year and it has bit them so hard in the ass. Alex Smith is not better than Kirk Cousins, Alex Smith is not the long-term answer at QB. The FO has failed time and time again. They automatically fail in this trade in receiving proper value both short and long-term.

10 minutes ago, Dexter said:

I agree....I would prefer offering the 2nd round pick instead of a 3rd and Fuller.  This is total bs.  We will lose Breeland, Fuller and Kirk and get worse at QB and CB...and lose a 3rd round pick.  This is a nightmare scenario right now.  

This is what a ****ING DUMBASS Front office does.  The Redskins are being run by complete Morons.  I for one have reached the end of my rope for insanity tolerance.  Good luck with this torture for many years to come.  As for me I am done.  

14 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Total shock...

I hate to see Kirk leave. The pick is not terrible because you will get it back with a compensation pick. But Fuller was my favourite DB :(

Form a management point of view, good trade from me personal it sucks. I loved these guys. Hate to see them go. 

What are you talking about?

Why are people assuming around here that the Redskins are going to receive compensation under the NFL's compensatory pick system? First of all the algorithm to determine who gets what isn't even disclosed by the league. You could assume Kirk is worth a 3rd round pick in that system, but that also means that Washington loses out on the +/- of additions in FA. Since when have we not been a big player in FA? Since when did this team not need to address several serious holes with their $21,000,000+ in cap space? We are not projected to receive ANY picks, so that argument is completely illegitimate.

15 minutes ago, Rocky52Mc said:

What are you talking about?

Why are people assuming around here that the Redskins are going to receive compensation under the NFL's compensatory pick system? First of all the algorithm to determine who gets what isn't even disclosed by the league. You could assume Kirk is worth a 3rd round pick in that system, but that also means that Washington loses out on the +/- of additions in FA. Since when have we not been a big player in FA? Since when did this team not need to address several serious holes with their $21,000,000+ in cap space? We are not projected to receive ANY picks, so that argument is completely illegitimate.

+/- Kirk is going to sign a huge mega big deal. Smith has a pretty decent cap number himself. Which big time FA (in cap numbers) have we brought in after Josh Norman? Also we might want to use part of the cap to sign current of our own guys. Think a Brown, maybe extent Preston Smith if they really like him. 

So I think we will have a huge outgoing FA in Kirk. I don't see us breaking the bank on a FA target because that doesn't look to be the current FO style. We are more on the cheap side. 

So I looked at all the info. Thought about how this off-season could develop and came to the conclusion that there is a good posibilitie that we receive a 3th or 4th rounder in 2019. That is my personal view of the situation. You can disagree with that, no problems. 

The absolute last gasp of Snyder and Allan.

fuller makes no sense whatsoever. If this goes bad, which I suspect it will, the fan base will evaporate. The only silver lining is if it means a broom going through everybody at the top starting with Snyder. 

Smith is good but one poor season and the coach is gone.

What we seem to be missing here is from my opinion cousin's doesn't want to be a Redskin, he was going to sign his franchise tag and play on it. That's 34m for 1 year then he was gone, I'm not over the moon with Smith and letting Fuller go but it's done now so we move on. Smith cap figure this year will probably be around 17m which means we could re-sign both Breeland and Brown and still have about 20m left to play with in FA, let's just see how it all Pan's out before we all get our knickers in a twist.

HTTR 

16 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

A Steelers fan here with me is saying Bell is going to be let go. I can see the Front Office throwing money at him to appease the fan base. Probably making a bad situation worse but Smith is going to need a decent running game..... :wacko:

I was thinking this last night...we pick up bell and all of sudden things don't look so bad

The fuller is the main thing i do not like about this entire trade -

I have soured on kirk and this dance he has done now for years giving that perpetual feel of instability at the key position and he has stated several times that he was going to do nothing until march - again putting the Redskins behind the eight ball , He is a very good player but Smith is his equal or better - but this does feel a little like the McNabb/Brunell  trade - i just hope it works out better for us - but you know - I hope this is only one part of the plan going forward and they are eyeing a potential development guy in the 1st/2nd round..... this is the safest option - a tag and trade option ties the teams hands if there was no buyer 

The biggest thing i hate about this trade is it give the perception of the same old Redskins - who value outsiders greater than their own Kirk/Fuller and more likely than not Breeland - although now if we really wanted to keep Breeland we most likely could use the tag - but i am not sure we want to go down that path again... 

2 hours ago, William Barbour said:

So we get a 3rd from Kirk.

We upgraded at the position for 4 years at a reasonable rate. Gruden now has stability at the most important position in football. 

We traded a good DB at our deepest position to finalize the deal. 

The Kirk drama is over.

Hosley and Fabian are prime to step up with Gray coaching the way. 

We now have a top 15 pick in the draft where we can profit from a team desperate to move up if Mayfield or Allen drop. 

I don't see how anyone can hate this deal. 

This is sarcasm right?

Archived