CRobi21

Alex Smith Trade Thread (Details Inside)

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

The only way you trade Fuller is if you think you can bring back Breeland. A DB group of Norman, Breeland, Dunbar and Moreau is very good. A DB group of Norman, Dunbar, Moreau, and Holsley is questionable.

 

We haven't developed enough good players to let one get away easily. Sad to lose Fuller. I think Cousins was lost before the offseason began.

They are going to need more heat up front on the DL (rumors of them going after Bennie Logan) and resigning Zac Brown.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Actually, there really is no “schedule” yet for next season. All we know NOW are the teams we face. We don’t know the order of those games yet. And yeah, those teams look scary on paper RIGHT NOW. Anything can happen by training camp. A player can get iinjured in training camp or preseason, or a tough team that we face later in the season can get injured or suspended early in the season. It’s not smart for any fan of any team to say in late January that a “schedule” which hasn’t even been created yet, is a killer. Just on those reasons alone. 

If our season depends on someone else's superstar getting injured..... We are ****ed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John Keim Retweeted Adam Schefter

The word "surprised" is the one I most heard from anyone over there. fuller had a lot of fans in the locker room. Skins got QB, extra cap space but there's always a cost. Now... Just make it work

John Keim added,

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter
One Washington player said tonight that Kendall Fuller graded out as team’s best defensive player this season. Chiefs loved him. Further proof below: https://twitter.com/mccloughanscot/status/958564135888809984 
 
 8
 
Direct message
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

John Keim Retweeted Adam Schefter

The word "surprised" is the one I most heard from anyone over there. fuller had a lot of fans in the locker room. Skins got QB, extra cap space but there's always a cost. Now... Just make it work

John Keim added,

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter
One Washington player said tonight that Kendall Fuller graded out as team’s best defensive player this season. Chiefs loved him. Further proof below: https://twitter.com/mccloughanscot/status/958564135888809984 
 
 8
 
Direct message

Yep, got to hope that Holsey puts it together as our new slot CB.  He has talent but can he do it.  Skins brass believe that he or someone on the team can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, skins2victory said:

What is the next step with Cousins...... If we use the transition tag, we can trade him??

With Alex making 20 plus (not sure what he's making this year) I doubt we have the cap to transition Cousins. I think Kirk gets what he wants which is a chance to explore free agency and walk.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, skins2victory said:

What is the next step with Cousins...... If we use the transition tag, we can trade him??

He hits the FA market; gets signed and we get a 3rd round comp pick in 2019.

Edited by RWJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

If our season depends on someone else's superstar getting injured..... We are ****ed.

Well, that wasn’t exactly my point. What i meant Was that can happen for any team. Teams in January can very well look much different by training camp/pre season, and any team that looks like a killer team right now can just as easily be a cakewalk for any team by the time the regular season is here. Now, mind you, I’m not in any way saying these are reasons why the redskins will or can have a winning season. Just saying it’s why it’s silly to leave ANY team out of the conversation for next season at this time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RWJ said:

He hits the FA market; gets signed and we get a 3rd round comp pick in 2019.

 

No. After the Smith deal we'll have about $21,000,000 left after draft picks. We will sign FA's just like any other year, and there will be no compensation picks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greg Manusky after he found out Fuller was traded:

 

 

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Well, that wasn’t exactly my point. What i meant Was that can happen for any team. Teams in January can very well look much different by training camp/pre season, and any team that looks like a killer team right now can just as easily be a cakewalk for any team by the time the regular season is here. Now, mind you, I’m not in any way saying these are reasons why the redskins will or can have a winning season. Just saying it’s why it’s silly to leave ANY team out of the conversation for next season at this time. 

Yeah, but the thing is... other teams change. We don't. Ever. The names of the other teams change, the names of our players change, but the results are always the same: Mediocrity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rocky52Mc said:

 

No. After the Smith deal we'll have about $21,000,000 left after draft picks. We will sign FA's just like any other year, and there will be no compensation picks.

 

Is this true?? No comp picks because we “replaced” our starter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rocky52Mc said:

 

No. After the Smith deal we'll have about $21,000,000 left after draft picks. We will sign FA's just like any other year, and there will be no compensation picks.

I really believe we will get a 3rd round comp pick in 19.  We shall see. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

 

Yeah, but the thing is... other teams change. We don't. Ever. The names of the other teams change, the names of our players change, but the results are always the same: Mediocrity.

Yes, that is true. But just wait, this team will surprise us all one of these years ? when we least expect it, they’ll make a 12-4 playoff run. And I’ll be predicting that to be their record every offseason until I’m correct :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Burgold said:

With Alex making 20 plus (not sure what he's making this year) I doubt we have the cap to transition Cousins. I think Kirk gets what he wants which is a chance to explore free agency and walk.

There is no way around it?? Even if its done before the draft?? Seems like this could be the only saving grace for the front office. Multiple teams want Kirk, which would put us in great position. If the Broncos and Browns are in a battle for him, possibly even the Browns #4 overall is in play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I now present to you...the 2018 draft class!!

 

1st round - we trade our 5th round pick in 2018 and 1st round pick in 2019 to trade up one spot for QB Baker Mayfield, because Snyder realized that Alex Smith is a totally average, decent dude and not a big enough locker room problem

2nd round - a CB, unless we trade for Richard Sherman first, in which case we draft a WR with the hands of a CB

3rd round - Whichever Alabama Defender Is Still Available

4th round - a blocking TE, the only good pick of the draft

5th round - a JAG to put on the OL

6th round - a RB that Bruce Allen discovered is a Bucs fan

7th round - laughable QB talent we pray is the next Tom Brady, fails to make the PS

 

1. Yeah because we've traded up anytime recently. And haven't actually gotten rid of every locker room problem/distraction. The latest being cousins himself.

 

2. Alex Smith is actually the only player recently we've given up picks or assets for. Unfortunately it was the cost of getting stability at QB but giving up draft picks and trading up in the draft is far from our M.O. lately. Quite the opposite actually.

 

3. Will be replaced with a compensatory 3rd rounder and don't get the joke on bama defenders. Short memory because we took two great ones in the most recent draft you can remember (last year's) maybe?

 

4. Unlikely, we already showed up blocking TE with the excellent selection of Jeremy sprinkle. 

 

5-7ths are crapshoots to begin with but have actually done better than most in those rounds as of late as well.

 

These Redskins stereotypes are stale and old and people need to think for themselves instead of going with the herd on team opinion. News flash, the media is always gonna bag on the skins. The majority of the aging fanbase who witnessed the SB era teams are cynical as well.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Cousins era is over.  He's a free agent, we are letting him walk.  It's over.

 

Let's just hope the Allen/Gruden era ends after this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope everyone realizes whatever money we saved by not signing cousins is going to have to go to signing someone opposite Norman....Breeland will be expensive but it may be him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And give me a break on the overly sensitive bs that you're done with the team because you think it's awful Fuller had to find out through Twitter. You know how many times players walked out to practice only to find out they were headed to a new team the same day? Life moves fast, take off your training wheels and stop crying.

 

WAKE UP AND REALIZE THE MEDIA POURS GAS ON NARRATIVES LIKE THESE TO GET FANS FIRED UP AGAINST THE EASY TARGET WHICH IS THE FRONT OFFICE BEING THE VILLAN. 

 

All they have to do is quote a couple tweets from teammates sad to see them go, even though in reality the players all know the NFL is a harsh, unfair league and anyone can get walked or traded at any time...

 

AND YOU ALL FALL FOR IT HOOK LINE AND SINKER EVERY DAMN TIME.

 

I mean has anyone watched hard knocks? 

 

 

Edited by DC Lumber Co.
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

 

1. Yeah because we've traded up anytime recently. And haven't actually gotten rid of every locker room problem/distraction. The latest being cousins himself.

 

2. Alex Smith is actually the only player recently we've given up picks or assets for. Unfortunately it was the cost of getting stability at QB but giving up draft picks and trading up in the draft is far from our M.O. lately. Quite the opposite actually.

 

3. Will be replaced with a compensatory 3rd rounder and don't get the joke on bama defenders. Short memory because we took two great ones in the most recent draft you can remember (last year's) maybe?

 

4. Unlikely, we already showed up blocking TE with the excellent selection of Jeremy sprinkle. 

 

5-7ths are crapshoots to begin with but have actually done better than most in those rounds as of late as well.

 

These Redskins stereotypes are stale and old and people need to think for themselves instead of going with the herd on team opinion. News flash, the media is always gonna bag on the skins. The majority of the aging fanbase who witnessed the SB era teams are cynical as well.

 

 

Dude we just did the most redskins like move....to a T are u kidding?? The stereotypes are still alive and well trading away picks and a good player on the cheap for an average old qb?? NEWS FLASH same ole skins.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the Cousins fiasco, how does what went down affect our future free agents?

 

They saw what went down with the most important position on the team.  When some of our younger players are up for free agency; will they be reluctant to resign? Or that won't matter, as long as we offer what they want?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rdskns2000 said:

After the Cousins fiasco, how does what went down affect our future free agents?

 

They saw what went down with the most important position on the team.  When some of our younger players are up for free agency; will they be reluctant to resign? Or that won't matter, as long as we offer what they want?

I couldn’t see why anyone would wanna play for this team that’s any good...play we’ll and get traded or offered a contract to play for peanuts...

1 minute ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Hahahaahahahaaha. This is one of the worst deals I've ever seen. 

 

It is so bad on so many levels. 

 Somehow some are defending it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.