Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Smith Trade Thread (Details Inside)

CRobi21

Just now, gooseneck said:

so we sign Brown with the saved money, draft vea in the first- rb in second, guard in third, db in fourth- we are looking goo

We have one corner now twice now strengths of the team (last year receiver) have been faded by Bruce Allen skins corners were looking good but Norman can’t cover everyone....

Stability at QB is worth way more than most are giving credit for. And it's a joke if you would have rather had Bridgewater or Bradford than Alex Smith LOL.

For example. Make this trade take place last season, replace Fuller with Jamison Crowder. Fanbase loses its mind. Replace Fuller with Crowder in the trade that actually took place?= Solid move for the skins! Jamison wasnt all we thought he was!

And how many rookie phenoms at skill positions are one year wonders or get injured and never return to form?

The value at QB is way higher than a corner. A position we actually are solid at, have a draft pick in Fabian Moreau who we must like (the same coaching staff that liked Fuller when others didn't, btw), and could easily draft another. 

Another year of a circus at QB, letting more talent than just one player walk because you let your QB strongarm you into another franchise tag. WE WOULD HAVE LOST MORE OVERALL TALENT IF WE TAGGED KIRK PEOPLE.

Jesus

9 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

For those saying they’re checking out from the team for a while: if, say, Alex Smith has us at 6-2 (or 6-3 or 7-3) somewhere around week 8/9/10 of the season), would you come back? Curious to see if that would be enough to get fans interested again. 

Are you dreaming?

What do you think we are, the Chiefs?   The schedule is a killer.  Alex is still going to be saddled with a mediocre team and mediocre head coach. He's going to regret ever agreeing to the trade.  At best, the team will be the same it has been the last 3 years. Mediocre. 

2 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

so we sign Brown with the saved money, draft vea in the first- rb in second, guard in third, db in fourth- we are looking goo

awesome, a middle linebacker that cant cover for **** because he makes a bunch of tackles once RBs have broken the play for 5-7 yards.  CANT WAIT FOR THAT ONE.

we are again an epic dumpster fire.  if the fans freak out enough, i could see the whole thing getting blown up again.  at this point id welcome that.

Just now, DC Lumber Co. said:

Stability at QB is worth way more than most are giving credit for. And it's a joke if you would have rather had Bridgewater or Bradford than Alex Smith LOL.

For example. Make this trade take place last season, replace Fuller with Jamison Crowder. Fanbase loses its mind. Replace Fuller with Crowder in the trade that actually took place?= Solid move for the skins! Jamison wasnt all we thought he was!

And how many rookie phenoms at skill positions are one year wonders or get injured and never return to form?

The value at QB is way higher than a corner. A position we actually are solid at, have a draft pick in Fabian Moreau who we must like (the same coaching staff that liked Fuller when others didn't, btw), and could easily draft another. 

Another year of a circus at QB, letting more talent than just one player walk because you let your QB strongarm you into another franchise tag. WE WOULD HAVE LOST MORE OVERALL TALENT IF WE TAGGED KIRK PEOPLE.

Jesus

We aren’t saving much cap space by paying Smith 71 million gurrsnteed on a 94 million dollar contract....

Been a fan since age 5, feel lucky to have watched us win 3 Super Bowls. I have defended Snyder for many years, know he wants to win. However the continued lunacy and embarrassment of our team has me finally questioning why I remain so loyal. Dark days...

1 minute ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

Jesus

stability only matters if the QB is good.  smith threw for 26 TDs this year, his career high.  hes hit 20 or more 3 times in his 13 year career (thats ****ing pathetic).  hes an old game manager who can do well if he has a sick run game and a sick defense, which we have neither of.  his highest upside is he doesnt throw picks, mostly because he doesnt throw much lol.

this is an embarrassing move for us, but we should expect nothing less from the redskins.

I’m so sad about this. I thought maybe I’d we lose cousins at least we’d have a fresh young drafted qb to look forward to. Then we get smith

lol I love this team so much, I have a tattoo on my freakin forearm, and could never like another team

but I don’t know how to stop letting these things get to me. Sounds silly right? But I legit can’t even sleep now. This is so depressing. Worst of all I live in Steeler country...

1 minute ago, Garcon More Wine said:

stability only matters if the QB is good.  smith threw for 26 TDs this year, his career high.  hes hit 20 or more 3 times in his 13 year career (thats ****ing pathetic).  hes an old game manager who can do well if he has a sick run game and a sick defense, which we have neither of.  his highest upside is he doesnt throw picks, mostly because he doesnt throw much lol.

this is an embarrassing move for us, but we should expect nothing less from the redskins.

I’m so blown I can’t even sleep right now at all the ppl on my phone texting me from other teams asking me what’s wrong with our franchise 

3 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

We aren’t saving much cap space by paying Smith 71 million gurrsnteed on a 94 million dollar contract....

Saving much compared to what? You knew what Kirk was going to sign for? And know how the contract is structured? Could easily be backloaded with an out after two years easily allowing for plenty of moves to be made for the upcoming season.

The only way you trade Fuller is if you think you can bring back Breeland. A DB group of Norman, Breeland, Dunbar and Moreau is very good. A DB group of Norman, Dunbar, Moreau, and Holsley is questionable.

We haven't developed enough good players to let one get away easily. Sad to lose Fuller. I think Cousins was lost before the offseason began.

2 minutes ago, redskins4ever28 said:

I’m so sad about this. I thought maybe I’d we lose cousins at least we’d have a fresh young drafted qb to look forward to. Then we get smith

lol I love this team so much, I have a tattoo on my freakin forearm, and could never like another team

but I don’t know how to stop letting these things get to me. Sounds silly right? But I legit can’t even sleep now. This is so depressing. Worst of all I live in Steeler country...

I’m right here with you brother live in dc tho sometimes it feels like steeler country here to 

11 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

Jesus

Are you high? Moreau has proven nothing. Fuller was the best nickel corner in the league. In the ****ing league! You don’t trade him as a throw away in this stupid ass trade. You aren’t going to get another Third rounder who is going to match his production. We got fleeced in January. We have over a damn month before free agency starts, the deal didn’t even have to happen right now. Stop damage controlling, this is a horrible trade and that contract for Smith is asinine. 

25 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

Oh you can bet your ass every anti front office keyboard warrior would be right back on the bandwagon.

This fanbase has a very short memory for anything other than associating losing with the man who owns the franchise. I'd bet my life savings on it. 

LOL!!  100% true.  

Reading on twitter that we essentially traded a slot corner for a starting QB.  That Moreau, Holsey and Dunbar will fill in... If we were only a QB away from a SB run I would understand this.  Moreau there’s hope but who knows, same with Holsey.  Dunbar is no Fuller....period.  Building through the draft is something we absolutely suck at, Fuller was a draft hit for us and he is going to get better.  Alex Smith is ok at QB, but we are not any better off with him.  Still mediocre!  We need to hit on the draft the next couple years which is highly unlikely with Allen calling the shots.  

4 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Are you dreaming?

What do you think we are, the Chiefs?   The schedule is a killer.  Alex is still going to be saddled with a mediocre team and mediocre head coach. He's going to regret ever agreeing to the trade.  At best, the team will be the same it has been the last 3 years. Mediocre. 

Actually, there really is no “schedule” yet for next season. All we know NOW are the teams we face. We don’t know the order of those games yet. And yeah, those teams look scary on paper RIGHT NOW. Anything can happen by training camp. A player can get iinjured in training camp or preseason, or a tough team that we face later in the season can get injured or suspended early in the season. It’s not smart for any fan of any team to say in late January that a “schedule” which hasn’t even been created yet, is a killer. Just on those reasons alone. 

I now present to you...the 2018 draft class!!

1st round - we trade our 5th round pick in 2018 and 1st round pick in 2019 to trade up one spot for QB Baker Mayfield, because Snyder realized that Alex Smith is a totally average, decent dude and not a big enough locker room problem

2nd round - a CB, unless we trade for Richard Sherman first, in which case we draft a WR with the hands of a CB

3rd round - Whichever Alabama Defender Is Still Available

4th round - a blocking TE, the only good pick of the draft

5th round - a JAG to put on the OL

6th round - a RB that Bruce Allen discovered is a Bucs fan

7th round - laughable QB talent we pray is the next Tom Brady, fails to make the PS

Archived