Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Smith Trade Thread (Details Inside)

CRobi21

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

Hope they feel big and strong. Wow you showed him Bruce

the sad thing is most of the fanbase will hate this move, because now this negates any sexy 1st round draft QB we may have gone after - yet bruce will probably still get a pass because hes a snake and snyder is too stupid to see it.  so we end up with a fading retread whos never thrown more than 26 TDs in a season, and only does well on teams with massive defenses and run games (something we have 0 of).  

but hey, we didnt pay a 4th round pick, so we're winning off the field!

11 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

im ok with this swap

I hope we can land a pick for kirk

If I were cleaveland I would be going after kirk hard and if we manage to get their 2nd round pick it would b e great

Kirk Cousins is not under contract and we can't afford to tag him in any way now. He's free to take visists when FA starts and sign where he likes. We lost all our leverage even if we had the cap space to roster both QBs for a short period of time. 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

For those saying they’re checking out from the team for a while: if, say, Alex Smith has us at 6-2 (or 6-3 or 7-3) somewhere around week 8/9/10 of the season), would you come back? Curious to see if that would be enough to get fans interested again. 

He won’t he will be benched by then mark this post. 

15 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

Who in their right mind would take Cravens??? This isn't Madden where the A.I. GM accepts almost any trade you give him...When you have a Moreau lying in wait, lets see what the kid can do. He, just like Fuller was a day 1 talent who fell to us due to injury.. Breeland is gone, you can sign a FA CB to fill the gap in the meantime and draft someone in 2019..

I hate that we gave up fuller though. You'd think the 3rd was enough

Upon further reflection and normal ES over reaction. You're right. I'd of thought the 3rd was enough as well. Moreau has shown good potential in limited play. I think Breeland is gone. Moreau develops and eventually moves ahead of Dunbar. But I think Cravens still has a chance in the league. KC has veteran leadership in Peters and Berry. Not a bad spot for a talented kid in need of a fresh start. I can't see the Skinz locker room vibing w/ him. If Nicholson can stay healthy that leaves Swearinger down in the box where he excels. I don't see where Craven fits even if they brought him back.

2 minutes ago, ThomasTomasz said:

Either way, it won't be available for some time until the new league here begins.  No one has had a look at Dunbar's contract yet either.  

Now, what I could see happen is that we roll his base salary this year into guaranteed money to get to work early on the $71 million.  There is nothing against doing that, and something we've done in the past when Cerrato constantly renegotiated contracts.  

I would love to believe that, at the very least, Schaeffer and the rest of the cap guys, who are the lone bright spot in the front office, didn't mess this up as well, but I have my doubts at the moment. 

anything to get this contract over faster and get a rookie QB in here, because we've obviously said goodbye to kirk.  and smith is never going to win a superbowl in a million years, so we need to focus on getting this team ready for a rookie 1st round QB.

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

For those saying they’re checking out from the team for a while: if, say, Alex Smith has us at 6-2 (or 6-3 or 7-3) somewhere around week 8/9/10 of the season), would you come back? Curious to see if that would be enough to get fans interested again. 

What if an asteroid fell from the sky and we all died in an apocalyptic fire that ends our pain?

Just now, Killer Rob said:

wasnt fuller a 3rd rd pick as well? its like we gave up two 3rd rd picks for an aging smith? man i know kirk was gonna walk but why not save our picks, draft a qb this year, & roll with colt for a year or two?

Because that doesn’t get ppl in seats and buying $10 beers

Now we can use our 1st round pick to draft a corner who looks as promising as Fuller. You almost have to admire the way this FO can make a bad situation worse, it's like they're trying to replace Game of Thrones. 

Never thought they would trade Fuller. All I can think is they simply don't understand his value? McCloughan has already slammed this aspect (just a minor plot point in this ****show).

We're losing a better player in Cousins, a 3rd, and possibly 1st round value for a worse and older player. 

Even without Fuller we should not have made the trade, with Fuller it seems insane. We should have just signed any FA QB or even tank with McCoy. I always see people wanting to build the Jacksonville defense, we'll get there faster if we suck. 

1 minute ago, Killer Rob said:

wasnt fuller a 3rd rd pick as well? its like we gave up two 3rd rd picks for an aging smith? man i know kirk was gonna walk but why not save our picks, draft a qb this year, & roll with colt for a year or two?

if we werent gonna resign kirk we should have started the rebuild now.  trying to win with no run game, no defense, and alex ****ing smith is a goddamn joke.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Kirk Cousins is not under contract and we can't afford to tag him in any way now. He's free to take visists when FA starts and sign where he likes. We lost all our leverage even if we had the cap space to roster both QBs for a short period of time. 

They could still transition or use the non-exclusive franchise tag, but both are risky- especially the latter- and would screw the Redskins out of any non-draft moves if Cousins were to sign that contract.  I don't see either tag being used, because the team has to move on and plan for what else they are going to do and shouldn't wait out the Cousins sweepstakes to make their next moves, which is what they would have to do in case they somehow got stuck with him.  

3 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

The rule is the compensatory picks start at the end of the 3rd round. 

We're gonna get a 3rd for losing Cousins.. So trading our original pick to KC is basically gravy, we're just losing the additional 3rd round pick. You basically just traded Fuller for Smith...

I'm starting to feel a little better..

fuller was going to be worth a 1st round pick

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Oh you can bet your ass every anti front office keyboard warrior would be right back on the bandwagon.

This fanbase has a very short memory for anything other than associating losing with the man who owns the franchise. I'd bet my life savings on it. 

I’m actually shocked at just how awful this is. I mean, I shouldn’t be. I know. But this is incredible in terms of its ineptitude. 

We just lost arguably the two best players on the team WE DEVELOPED (Fuller this past season, Kirk the last three years) as well as a 3rd round pick (who Fuller was himself).

All for a 34 year old QB who had his best year this past season surrounded by some of the best weapons in the league and an offensive scheme heavily based on trick plays. With an extension that, on its surface, is hefty itself. Please don’t post his stats this past year, look at his cumulative stats compared to Kirk’s the last three years. Not even close. I like Smith, I do... but not at this cost. My God. 

I can’t believe it. This is even bad for them. Damnit. 

Welp, you guys enjoy trashing the coaches, players and any actual decent people within the organization because of the gross ineptitude of this FO under Dan that is no fault of their own. I’m back to post-“epic 2013 season disaster” apathy levels. Jay being real, unfairly vilified his first season, and then hiring a GM (which lead to us actually developing a franchise QB) pulled me back in.

That’s all gone now. :/ 

I do hope it works out. But that’s all it is. Hope. Total, blind hope, and one in which there’s not much devotion to. Because there’s not a single part of me that can see any sound logic or rationale involved here. I’d like to, but I just can’t. :( 

2 minutes ago, Killer Rob said:

spite rob, its called spite.

5 minutes ago, Tarpon75 said:

How could they not have at least gotten a mid to late round draft pick in addition? If the Chiefs wanted Fuller so bad they should have been made to give up something. This whole thing is disgusting! I have been a Redskins fan for over 50 years,don’t know if I have never been this disheartened with a front office move.Not only did they get fleeced by KC, they apparently got fleeced by Smith’s agent.

No surprise. They wouldn't have been allowed to talk contract with Smith's agent until the Cheifs were satisfied we'd make the deal. By then Bruce was invested and banking on the deal happening, and Smith's agent had an easy time of it, I'm sure. 

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Chiefs have Kelce already. The other player will be some random young player with upside. Really hope its not someone like Fuller.

It is Fuller. I was disgusted when I saw the trade, now I’m angry. How the **** do you just throw in the best nickel corner in the league, into this bull**** ass trade? I’m sure Allen even offered Trent too, but the chiefs were embarrassed and told him to pull his pants up and turn around. 

****ing pathetic. 

Archived