Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Smith Trade Thread (Details Inside)

CRobi21

To all the folks still trying to rationalize this entire situation and praising it...

How many times have the Redskins made an offseason splash, gave up draft capital, assets and cash to do so, that you praised and bought into only to watch it burn down in flames in front of you?

Tell me more about why this time, it's different.

The Chiefs struck gold with this deal. They created $17M in cap space, added a really good young DB and a 3rd rounder. They must be partying tonight.

Scot MccloughanVerified account @MccloughanScot

FollowingFollowing @MccloughanScot
More

Scot Mccloughan Retweeted Adam Schefter

I would have never traded Kendall. He can play inside & outside, he's high character, young & a football player

The worst part is that having no sound organizational structure lets these idiots ruin this roster for the next inevitable regime, in an impossible quest to short-sightedly save their own jobs for one more year. It's a horror show. Allen is ruining what little good is on this roster on his way out the door in 2018 or 2019 when we inevitably go 4-12. 

Or he'll still be here because he's an unkillable ****roach fiend. 

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

And look more unprofessional than usual as the player is on Twitter openly unaware he's been traded. A debacle all around 

Because it's certainly not possible that in the age of social media it wasn't humanly possible to notify the player quick enough?

Anything to fuel the fires of the same old Redskins Circus angle I suppose. 

Since the deal doesn't finalize until March, can we, the fans, actually make our voices heard on Kendall Fuller? Will enough backlash change anything or at least make the FO second guess? 

I'm distraught losing Kendall, who has his entire future ahead of him, for Alex Smith, who probably won't even play the entire contract out

This is unbelievable.

Just unbelievable.

I'd have preferred we just handed them a first.

A 1st round QB has a 50% chance of being successful.  You could sell me that 4 years of good to decent Smith was worth a first.  I wouldn't be all that happy, but you could sell me on it statistically especially since our first would be after most of the best Qbs were gone.

But this?  We just traded away a 1st round talent and a 3rd for Smith, whose value was probably 2nd plus some small throw-in.  Terrible trade.  Terrible.  Now we have to replace a great young CB, and we suck at drafting!

Archived