Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HapHaszard's Passing

Haszard4

So sorry for your loss, Haszard.

It's amazing. You never think about things changing. Until they change.

I expected to come here... always and read all the news articles Bubba brought from all around the internet. Then, one day he was gone, and I felt what a major loss to ES and Redskin Nation. Nobody could replace him.

Then HapHazard stepped up, and not only was able to fill Bubba's shoes, he exceeded even what Bubba was doing.

But bringing articles to ES wasn't all. Though I did not know him personally, he seemed to a kind, generous, thoughtful soul. Never too busy to be helpful, and always answering questions I had about the articles he put up.

He will be greatly missed, and as I said with Bubba, I don't know who will fill his shoes.

R.I.P. Hap.

Shocked. Hap was one of does: "I don't really know you but kinda see you as a internet pal." It didn't matter that he was relative older and I'm younger. Or that I live in the Netherlands and he in the US. We where both Skins fans that connected. On occasion I would send him a link for the breaking news section or correct him if he would post the wrong link (didn't happen a lot). Quote him in the Twitter thread. I always had great respect for his work. 

I will miss his messages and always positive reactions. Felt like man never had a bad day. 

Strength to the family. I lost a internet pal but the family lost a husband, father, brother etc. :(

Would love to see this site create a Wall of fame for our most beloved contributors. Your dad would be on the wall for sure. I lost my father this past June and he was born in 43 as well....my sincerest condolences to you an your family, I hope you get to celebrate his life as much as you mourn his passing. 

Hail to Hap, Hail to Haszard County. 

It only hurts so bad because he meant so much. Hap was a joy to talk to, just about anything, not just the Redskins. His wisdom was a joy.  For example, my last few conversations were about growing Bananas, Nasa's challenges, Hurricane Irma Recovery and of course the Redskins Kirk Cousins situation. We shared an old man love of posting cheerleader pics, some thought it annoying, but Hap was giggling all the way. 

I do regret that I had planned to attend the last Tampa preseason game to meet with him personally and never made it. I guess it goes to show you should not put off what you want to do, filing yourself up with instead of what you have to do. 

I mentioned in the other thread Hap encouraged me here on ES, the DM he provided as congratulations at 20K was especially rewarding. At that time I thought most people took what I was doing for granted, the fact that the only guy outworking me (by far) took the time to congratulate and thank me will never be taken lightly or forgotten. 

Hail to Hap, was glad to know you if it was only via the internet, I felt like we were neighbors. This was a thread I created back in 2015 for OTA'a and Training Camp....aptly named Haszard County. 

He would have loved this.............

How blessed you all must feel to have had a man like Hap in your lives, and how equally blessed he must have been to have had each of you. You taking the time to post here on ES, during your period of shock and grief shows that Hap was exactly the type of man I thought he was. Thank you for reaching out to us, and if it is possible to grief to be diluted, please know that an entire community of friends and strangers is sharing it with you. I will pray for you and your family as you go through this difficult process. HTTR and Thanks again for sharing your Dad with us. We owe you

I was truly saddened to hear this news yesterday.  Your father and I corresponded on twitter two or three times a week in the early mornings.  I do Redskins content for another place and we would share some Redskins news on occasion or just talk about anything else.  We had planned to meet last summer in Tennessee for the eclipse, but traffic woes kept us apart by nearly an hour.  At least we got to see it.

I'll miss him and the many times we talked on twitter.  Thanks for sharing some memories with us.  May God bless you and your family.

3 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

I really don't think you have to apologize for any kind of delay here, it is well understanded by everyone here.

It's been a sad day for all.

I can hardly say I knew your father very well, as all we were talking was BRBN mostly. I'm not the kind of guy that will speak of my life and troubles to everyone, especially over the internet, but we did exchange here and there with Hap about this. When we first get in touch was last year, by march or so I believe. He needed someone to take over BRBN as he was going to take MissHap, as he used to say, on a tour. He's been very supportive from the beginning and really helpful, even if I thought he wouldn't bother to have to deal with a grumpy french guy living overseas that have a 6 hours delay and thus, is always late at publishing articles in the news section.

Damn, he was rather cool dealing with it. Didn't had any problem with it. Told me he'll give a hand here and there if he could. And I was like, no way Hap! If I take over, I take over, you take care of MissHap and you that's more important than anything, I'll get the job done. He's dedicated so much time doing it, that well, he deserved a break with your mother. I could do that for him, even if I hardly knew him.

So when he asked for help once again late last year, I came back to help. No problem, I'll give a hand as well. Last time we talked, was a few weeks ago, I was bothered about the drops in readings in BRBN, trying to find ways to overcome that. Once again, he was supportive. and didn't seem much bothered by the drops. Just bad articles as he said. Spot on. When they're good, people do read it.

As I said in the other thread, I would have loved to meet him and shake his hand. Won't happen sadly.

But still, you don't have to apologize to to us. Not even close.

We are the ones that should thank you all of you, starting with MissHap, for allowing your dad to spend so much time with us, and less with you.

Thank you.

Thanks for the kind words.

Archived