Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Workout Thread III

15 hours ago, Springfield said:

That's a good point @purbeast. I've never done CrossFit though myself. It would probably kick my ass the first few times.

I've been working out with better form and less weight. I'm talking bicep curls on and inclined bench at like 20-25 lbs. Isolating the biceps as much as possible. I've only been focusing on that specifically over the last month or so, but I really credit it to helping the biceps gains. Dumbbell bench press I've really been working on going slow while also adding progressively more weight.

Right now my neck is ****ed. I think it's something I'm just going to be living with. My C5-6 disc has something wrong with it, I forget exactly what because the hell if I'm going to consider spinal surgery on my neck. But basically I have to be careful with how I exert myself. I was playing with the kids (5 and 4) and they were crawling all over me, hanging off of me and it really strained my neck. I stretch and message the upper back and neck muscles so damn much these days just to keep up my spinal mobility which helps (and overall helps in general). Stretching is key friends! ****ing key.

Foam rolling?

Isn't the purpose of good form to get the maximum benefit of the action?  If I put too much weight on my dumbbells and then curl them with poor form putting my back into it, I'm not really working my biceps as intended.

5 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Isn't the purpose of good form to get the maximum benefit of the action?  If I put too much weight on my dumbbells and then curl them with poor form putting my back into it, I'm not really working my biceps as intended.

Correct.  Which is why I mention that if you are doing poor form and "cheating" to lift heavier weight, the only one you are cheating is yourself.  

I'd also argue that it will make you more susceptive to injury since you are lifting heavier weight that you are able to lift properly.  

As someone who ****ed up his lower back doing squats wrong many years ago, it pains me when I see these frail skinny guys trying to deadlift way more than they should be, completely bending their backs the wrong way, just waiting for a disc to pop.  

The past 2 days at my gym I've seen multiple people wearing masks below their nose and I've said something to the staff. Yesterday the staff told the one guy who was doing it kind of near me and he pulled his mask back up. Like 10 minutes later he had it back down. Today I saw him again and he had it down. I wasn't working out near him at all today or yesterday after the staff talked to him.

So when I left today I said something again to the front desk about how like 5-6 people were wearing masks below their nose while working out and they were thankful that I brought it to their attention.

If they don't get on top of this and I see more people working out like that tomorrow I'm going to shoot corporate an email about it. All they need to do is just have one person walk around the floor every 10 minutes or so and tell people to pull it up if they aren't wearing it properly. And if their are repeat offenders they need to be told to leave if they won't abide.

20 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Nobody wears a mask at planet fitness other than me. Every now and then I'll see 1-2 people wearing mask but everybody else just walks around like there isn't **** going on in the world. 

Where you at?  That seems kind of crazy.  They have signs all over the LA Fitness I go to saying they are mandatory and it's against the law to take it off.  

But that isn't stopping some people from pulling them down below their nose.

Like if you are going to go through the hassle of wearing a mask, just ****ing wear it properly.

• Like 1