Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Workout Thread III

Spaceman Spiff

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

During December, I was going to a bootcamp/strength training class 3 days a week.  It was pretty great, but my work schedule is too hectic to keep it going.  I got my wife a Peloton for Xmas, so I'm going to use that for a few months and then probably join a gym.  

I got myself a Peloton for Christmas. It's pretty awesome and eliminates lack of time as an excuse for doing nothing. I've been doing the beginner 20 minute and instructional videos so far. My legs did ache after the first week cause I over did it and they aren't used to a bike. (same with my, um, ya know) My goal is to use it 2-3 times a week. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I got myself a Peloton for Christmas. It's pretty awesome and eliminates lack of time as an excuse for doing nothing. I've been doing the beginner 20 minute and instructional videos so far. My legs did ache after the first week cause I over did it and they aren't used to a bike. (same with my, um, ya know) My goal is to use it 2-3 times a week. 

I'm right there with you.  I'm up to the 30 minute workouts, my wind is the main limiting factor.  So far, so good.  

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Just stop eating, you’ll lose weight.

But in all seriousness, I think that the best way to lose weight is by Intermittent Fasting in some regard.  I’ve never know a person who did IF that didn’t lose weight.  There are also supposed benefits (aside from losing weight) to IF.

Its WAY easier to eat less food than it is to jog 10 miles.  Just saying.

9 minutes ago, Springfield said:

But in all seriousness, I think that the best way to lose weight is by Intermittent Fasting in some regard.  I’ve never know a person who did IF that didn’t lose weight.  There are also supposed benefits (aside from losing weight) to IF.

Its WAY easier to eat less food than it is to jog 10 miles.  Just saying.

Co-worker tore his MCL on his motorcycle, started IF because he was physically limited of what he could do at the gym.  Seemed to be pretty effective as far as losing weight. 

I lost roughly 6-7 lbs. this summer by not eating and was ripped.  Kind of gave the illusion that I was getting bigger, but I was actually losing weight and the definition in my muscles were real noticeable.  Kayak fishing in the sun almost everyday curbed my appetite, and was also great exercise while still hitting the gym 5 days a week.  And the killer sun tan I got made my muscles more aesthetically pleasing.

@Springfield is right though.  Eat less and you will lose weight.  You can do as much cardio or lifting as you want, but if you aren't burning more calories than you take in, you're not going to lose weight.

Intermitent Fasting works too because you will typically eat less than you did if you weren't doing that, so in turn you are taking in more calories.

But if you were to eat 2000 calories in one meal with IF or were to eat 2000 calories spread out over a day, you aren't going to see any different results.

Edited by purbeast
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Watch liquid calories too. Biggest culprit for a lot of folks. 

Are you still drinking that blue liquid death?

Also, been going to Orange Theory pretty regularly these past few weeks.  But Monday starts their weight loss challenge, $1,250 prize.  

So the past two weeks I've been eating anything I've ****ing wanted to gain weight so I can lose it faster.  A lot of people there have a bigger head start than me.  I feel like ****, honestly.  Looking forward to getting back to the keto diet and intermittent fasting.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff

39 minutes ago, purbeast said:

@Springfield is right though.  Eat less and you will lose weight.  You can do as much cardio or lifting as you want, but if you aren't burning more calories than you take in, you're not going to lose weight.

Intermitent Fasting works too because you will typically eat less than you did if you weren't doing that, so in turn you are taking in more calories.

But if you were to eat 2000 calories in one meal with IF or were to eat 2000 calories spread out over a day, you aren't going to see any different results.

Ive found, with IF, that you simply cant eat that much.  You get hungry af, and get grouchy af, then lunchtime or so comes and you can’t eat as much.  Basically some fruit or salad, and some bland ass crackers and I’m done.  Then dinner.

Ive taken a liking to an after dinner snack of ice cream over the past year-ish (Haggen Dasz cookies and cream ftw), but ima have to give that up.  I wanna lose like 10-15 lbs and get down to 170 at least.

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Just drink water.

I mean I guess it ultimately depends on how much weight one needs to cut, or what lifestyle youre trying to lead, maybe for medical reasons. I think 1-2 reasonably sized non water cups per day is good. But I know people that were shocked to find out how many calories they were chugging down with 4-5 big glasses of oj, or a couple of those 17 oz sodas, or chocolate milk. But yeah, mostly water is the way to go.

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Every time I go to Mission BBQ they have it.  

No Mission out here, but they usually had them at Safeway. No more. I was cleaning them bammas out for a minute

PB, the poor mans George Carlin, everyone! 

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

I mean I guess it ultimately depends on how much weight one needs to cut, or what lifestyle youre trying to lead, maybe for medical reasons. I think 1-2 reasonably sized non water cups per day is good. But I know people that were shocked to find out how many calories they were chugging down with 4-5 big glasses of oj, or a couple of those 17 oz sodas, or chocolate milk. But yeah, mostly water is the way to go.

No Mission out here, but they usually had them at Safeway. No more. I was cleaning them bammas out for a minute

https://www.amazon.com/Frostie-Cream-Ounce-Glass-Bottles/dp/B001IVULDG/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1546630340&sr=8-2&keywords=blue+frostie 

If I can't drink soda for the next two months, I'm gonna live vicariously through others. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Ever wonder why there is diet soda, but not diet coffee?  :kickcan:

What would that even taste like? I imagine half century old runoff from a hidden, abandoned nuclear missile silo somewhere in the south Pacific 

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

PB, the poor mans George Carlin, everyone! 

https://www.amazon.com/Frostie-Cream-Ounce-Glass-Bottles/dp/B001IVULDG/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1546630340&sr=8-2&keywords=blue+frostie 

If I can't drink soda for the next two months, I'm gonna live vicariously through others. 

I love you 

• Haha 1

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Ill do a soda on Friday when I eat whatever I please, but it’s just water for the rest of the week for me.  I like the taste of water but there are some people that just can’t stand it.

• Like 1

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

I've done a lot of things I'm not proud of when desperate.  

Don't say Sanka.

sanka-ad.jpg?w=248&h=300

Whew.  I wanted to be my best, but couldn't.  Then I had a cup of Sanka from this old creepy ****er and I'm all of a sudden operating at 100%!

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Now I can't stop imagining PB coming down the steps 8n one of those yuppy lawyery robes like my brother wears, and that 90's jingle playing... "The Best part of wakin' up... Is Folgers in yoooooour cup!"

I used to work with this dude, he'd talk about girls he'd hook up with and sing "The best part of wakin' up...is <name redacted> in your butt!" 

Can't ever think about Folgers the same way.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Ive found, with IF, that you simply cant eat that much.  You get hungry af, and get grouchy af, then lunchtime or so comes and you can’t eat as much.  Basically some fruit or salad, and some bland ass crackers and I’m done.  Then dinner.

Ive taken a liking to an after dinner snack of ice cream over the past year-ish (Haggen Dasz cookies and cream ftw), but ima have to give that up.  I wanna lose like 10-15 lbs and get down to 170 at least.

That's basically exactly what I said.  You aren't going to be eating as much with IF as you would if you weren't doing it.  But if you were to have the same amount of calories with or without IF the results would basically be the same. 

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Ever wonder why there is diet soda, but not diet coffee?  :kickcan:

No, and if someone did, it would make me question their intelligence.