Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Workout Thread III

Spaceman Spiff

About 3 weeks ago I started get soreness making a fist or grabbing and picking up anything with my right hand. Pretty sure I've got tennis elbow as the pain is on the top of the forearm near the elbow. :(

Hate not being able to lift but I've still lost a few more pounds by sticking with the treadmill. I now can even run for 4-5 minute intervals. ?

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

About 3 weeks ago I started get sorness making g a fist or grabbing and picking up anything with my right hand. Pretty sure I've got tennis elbow as the pain on the top of the arm near the elbow. :(

Hate not being able to lift but I've still lost a few more pounds by sticking with the treadmill. I now can even run for 4-5 minute intervals. ?

You might want to see an Occupational Therapist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Alright fatties.  

The scale is creeping up on me so I want to do a quick diet to lose 10-15 lbs.  Yes, I am fully aware the weight loss is a life choice.  Yes I still like eating pizza.  Just want to shave off a few pounds before the pool opens.

Lets year some recommendations that I’ll probably ignore.  Really my most favorite one is intermittent fasting but I get grumpy as **** when I’m hungry.

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Short-term diets like that don't do you any good, you just revert back to the mean once you stop.

Long term:  Stop drinking anything with calories unless it gets you drunk. 

Yeah, I already only drink water.

I just want abs.  Ayyyuuuubbss.  10 lbs or so and I’ll have the abs.

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Yeah, I already only drink water.

I just want abs.  Ayyyuuuubbss.  10 lbs or so and I’ll have the abs.

Abs are tough because those last 10 lbs are very different from all other 10 lbs.  Those require going a month eating nothing but clean.  

28 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Abs are tough because those last 10 lbs are very different from all other 10 lbs.  Those require going a month eating nothing but clean.  

Ill say, the 5 lbs will be easy if I try.  The last 10 is what has been haunting me ever since I quit smoking close to 5 years ago.

I was at 170 when I quit.  Now it’s tough to get to 180.  Put a decent amount of muscle on in that time span though, especially over the last year and a half.

Its tough to strength train and then also keep myself from being a giant douche because of hunger.

Whenever I try to lean up I typically try to go from 210-215lbs down to around 200-202lbs.  I pretty much do a low carb diet.  It's very easy for me to eat strict and eat the same things every day of the week Monday through Friday, but the weekends can get a bit trickier.  My wife and I love to eat out so we still try to eat out at least once on the weekends when doing this type of diet.  Thankfully with all of the Cava's popping up around, we usually hit that up and get a salad with specific toppings and it's a hearty meal with under 20g of carbs.  I typically try to go for less than like 30g of carbs (net carbs) a day when doing this type of diet, sometimes with a cheat day on the weekend. 

I just got back from the Bahamas a week ago and since then have been slacking but next week I plan to get back on it.  I'm lingering right around 202lbs right now however I may not be super strict because I definitely lost a bit of strength last week while on vacation and this week my schedule's been all messed up.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

You are probably fatter than you think you are. Just an FYI people usually underestimate how much weight they need to lose to get abs. Quickest way is  eat less and exercise more. It won’t be easy. 

I’m definitely fatter than I think I am.  I’d be happy losing 10 lbs and getting under 180.  I can see the uppers, the lowers meh I’m 36 now.  Definition outside of nice lighting would be key.

Maybe I’ll make leg day a day where I spend a bunch of time on cardio.  Of course, I should do that every day.

Yeah cardio is my killer. I lift 4 times a week and kick box the other 3 days. I started kickboxing just for the cardio and it's the best cardio workout I've felt since I played football and did two-a-days. The key for me is that it's fun. Hard but fun.

I'm actually pretty happy with where I am now and how I look but I want to go to the next level and that last 10-15lbs would be fitness model level. But I don't care at all about strength or looking solid and thick. I'm 5'7 so i'm not trying to look like one of those stocky builder types. I do all this just to look good naked. 

• 2 months later...

Anyone in NoVa checked out The St James?  It’s 10 minutes from my house. It’s a 450,000 sq foot sports complex. That is not a typo. It opens next month. 

https://www.thestjames.co/

Here is some of what it has:

FIFA regulation-sized turf field with 65-foot-tall roof clearance
Two National Hockey League regulation-sized ice rinks, plus a hockey skills training center with skating treadmill

Four full-length basketball courts convertible to nine volleyball courts
50-meter Olympic regulation-length competition pool
Six batting cages with pitching machines, convertible into multipurpose training venue
Eight squash singles courts
Seven golf simulators
Gymnastics training center with competition spring floor, deep foam training pits, Tumbl Trak, rod floors and in-ground trampolines
Spa with nine treatment rooms and a cryotherapy chamber
Health and sports medicine center
50,000-square-foot health club with cardio and strength training equipment, spinning, group fitness and yoga rooms, and a “high-performance training center”
20,000 square feet of obstacle courses, zip lines, climbing structures and walls, trampoline zones, virtual reality, a “gaming theatre” and party rooms
Indoor water park with 6,000 square feet of slides, dumping buckets and sprayers
Clothing and apparel boutique

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Anyone in NoVa checked out The St James?  It’s 10 minutes from my house. It’s a 450,000 sq foot sports complex. That is not a typo. It opens next month. 

https://www.thestjames.co/

Here is some of what it has:

FIFA regulation-sized turf field with 65-foot-tall roof clearance
Two National Hockey League regulation-sized ice rinks, plus a hockey skills training center with skating treadmill

Four full-length basketball courts convertible to nine volleyball courts
50-meter Olympic regulation-length competition pool
Six batting cages with pitching machines, convertible into multipurpose training venue
Eight squash singles courts
Seven golf simulators
Gymnastics training center with competition spring floor, deep foam training pits, Tumbl Trak, rod floors and in-ground trampolines
Spa with nine treatment rooms and a cryotherapy chamber
Health and sports medicine center
50,000-square-foot health club with cardio and strength training equipment, spinning, group fitness and yoga rooms, and a “high-performance training center”
20,000 square feet of obstacle courses, zip lines, climbing structures and walls, trampoline zones, virtual reality, a “gaming theatre” and party rooms
Indoor water park with 6,000 square feet of slides, dumping buckets and sprayers
Clothing and apparel boutique

Walked through cause I was trying to bring a hockey team there.  $100+ a month for a membership is ludicrous.  Hard pass.

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I plan on living there, so $100/mo seems reasonable. 

Yeah.  It’s the wrong direction for me.  Plus, $100 on gym membership isn’t in the budget.

I want to play pick up hockey there when they open though, if that’s offered.

That sounds cool and right up street from me (I'm in Lorton), but I'd maybe go there for a day or something, no way in God's green earth I'm giving them $100 a month, Golds at $30 saving bank by comparison.  Why is it so GD expensive?  Cost of living?  I hate that, not everyone can roll like that.

10 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

That sounds cool and right up street from me (I'm in Lorton), but I'd maybe go there for a day or something, no way in God's green earth I'm giving them $100 a month, Golds at $30 saving bank by comparison.  Why is it so GD expensive?  Cost of living?  I hate that, not everyone can roll like that.

It's expensive because (1) it's 450,000 square feet of top-of-the-line **** (for example, it has a freaking Ninja Warrior training facility and two (2) NHL sized rinks), (2) their staff is top-notch (e.g., their head soccer coach was the all-time leading scorer for the U.S. National Team), and (3) yea, it's NoVa, lots of rich MFers around. 

• Like 1

What do you guys do for your delts and traps? Specifically the back portion of the delt and the portion of the trap that connects to your neck? I feel that my shoulders are uneven in that the front of the delt is more developed...

Currently doing alternating shoulder dumbell presses, lat pulldowns, shoulder shrugs, and shoulder dumbbell raises (front and side), and chinups/pullups.

What should I be doing and/or what am I missing?

Edited by The Evil Genius