Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lets keep laughing at the Browns, while we can

zoony

16 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The only way the Browns will get good is if they create a positive organizational culture and find systems that work well and then start drafting well to fill that system with talent.

They have already started that by hiring a trio of respected professionals to build the roster.  Perhaps the owner screws it all up by not staying out of the way and it doesn't last.  But they have at least started the process of trying to be legit.  Which is something we can't say for the Redskins.  There is a reason the majority of the fan base was pumped to hire a self-admitted drunk to run personnel.  Because we were willing to take whatever we could get just so long as that person is a respected professional and given full authority to do his job.  We just came to find out that he was never actually given that full authority, but should have known better.

19 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

We just came to find out that he was never actually given that full authority, but should have known better.

And this is why we always lose out on good coordinators, and we will lose out on top coaches, after Jay is gone next year. We are run by a childish politician who gets pissy when he doesn't get the credit.

This is why the Browns will pass us, and we'll be left saying "Welp, at least we're not the Raiders!"

My dad grew up a Browns fan and transitioned slowly to being a Redskins fan in the 80's and 90's. I was raised a Redskins fan (my dad is now die-hard) ... I am debating taking it full-circle and rooting for the Browns. I was at my parents last weekend and found a Browns winter hat from the early 80's buried in the closet and swiped it for myself. I've always been draft-obsessed and have been intrigued by the Browns loading up the last few years. This might be the time to hop on the bandwagon. I have a buddy who was as die-hard Skins as I was and after the RG3 debacle, he bailed for the Browns ... his justification was he had family ties and it was the only team he could jump to without getting crap or being a fair-weather fan. He's just as much a die-hard Browns fan now as he ever was Skins.

So this year I'm taking up special interest in the Browns. Redskins will be my 1A and probably always will be, but I've never had another team to follow or root for, and we'll see how this goes.

Just read an article that piqued my interest on the Browns 247 site. Suggested with $118mm they go out and make a big play for Alex Smith, Truman Johnson and Le'Veon Bell. Then draft Rosen (or any QB really) at #1 to sit and learn behind Smith with Kizer ... Minkah Fitzpatrick as a FS to move Peppers to SS ... and then grabbing a CB, LB, OT in the 2nd round and just plugging depth across the board from there on out. If the Browns young talent starts to make strides (liked their draft last year in particular and the one before a lot too) ... and they get those FA and hit on those players in the draft, they'll be pretty good. 

On 1/23/2018 at 6:44 AM, Riggo#44 said:

And this is why we always lose out on good coordinators, and we will lose out on top coaches, after Jay is gone next year. We are run by a childish politician who gets pissy when he doesn't get the credit.

This is why the Browns will pass us, and we'll be left saying "Welp, at least we're not the Raiders!"

The Raiders might be at least decent under Gruden. They were the first time. He left them a Superbowl losing team, when he was traded to Tampa Bay.

17 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

So this year I'm taking up special interest in the Browns. Redskins will be my 1A and probably always will be, but I've never had another team to follow or root for, and we'll see how this goes.

You will fail.  You can only follow one time.

I tried following the Panthers when they first started as a second team. Thought it would be cool to follow a team from the beginning. I even lived in Charlotte their first year of existence.  The Redskins were first but I found, I couldn't follow both because what was good for one, maybe bad for the other.  

True, in your case the Browns are in the AFC but inevitably you will find you can't root for both teams. You will have to chose.

As long as their owner let's the new personnel guys do their job and let them fire Jackson next year, when he fails again; things will be looking bright for the Browns.

Can you really say that for the Redskins?

I don't see how he couldn't also be a Browns fan 24/7.

Figure the odds of the Redskins meeting the Browns in the Super Bowl. That is never going to happen. There's almost as much chance of the Washington Wizards and the Cleveland Indians meeting in the Super Bowl. :rofl89:

I mean i fully intend to still be ride or down Skins. But my hope is to follow another team that is far enough from Skins that the two can exist without interfering with one another but every 4 years. And I’d root for the Skins in any head to head. I can never give up fully on my boys. Though Allen makes it easy to consider 

May as well just acknowledge that our team will never be good with this kind of management.  Lets enjoy our 4 to 8 win seasons and mediocrity for the foreseeable future.  

I'd be excited for sure if I was a Browns fan. At least they are winning the offseason and we have not for a while.

I am reading that we got into a bidding war with lowly Cleveland for Alex Smith.

Even they knew to back off, get out of Bruce's way, and let him overpay for Smith. Bruce getting into a bidding war with Cleveland, he is probably so proud of himself to win that battle. He probably heavily overbid Cleveland's offer, and Reid burned him. Yes, we got punked by an 0-16 team with a new GM. Heck, Cleveland probably didn't even bid, Reid just used them to leverage Bruce since Cleveland is likely the only team historically dumb enough to do such moves. Bruce bought it all hook line and sinker. We beat out Cleveland!1!!

Good one, Bruce.

The slow passing of the torch to become the new laughing stock of the league continues.

12 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

More than that. We might have the worst run organization in all of business.

I don't know about that, but we're into the competition that's for sure...

4 hours ago, ThomasRoane said:

We are the new Browns :(

There's not much difference between brown color and redskins' color so we should have guessed.

Archived