2017-18 Playoff Predictions

hail2skins

So matchups for wild card weekend:

AFC: (5) Tennessee at (4) KC Sat 430 pm

(6) Buffalo at (3) Jacksonville Sun 1 pm

NFC: (6) Atlanta at (3) LA Rams Sat 815 pm

(5) Carolina at (4) New Orleans  Sun 430 pm

Divisional Prediction: AFC: KC at NE; Jacksonville at Pittsburgh

NFC: NO at Philly (somehow Foles pulls this one out); LA at Minnesota

Conference Prediction: Jacksonville at NE; Minnesota at Philly

Super Bowl 52: Minnesota will become the first team to play the SB in their home stadium and will beat the Pats.

What say you?

Congrads to fans of the long suffering teams: Rams, Titans, Bills & Jags. Though for 2 of the teams, their stay will be short.

On to my playoffs Predictions:

Wild Card Rd

#3 Jaguars over #6 Bills

#4 Chiefs over #5 Titans

#3 Rams over #6 Falcons

#4 Saints over #5 Panthers

Divisional Rd

#1 Pats over Chiefs

#2 Steelers over Jaguars

Saints over #1 Eagles

#2 Vikings over Rams

Championship Rd

Pats over Steelers

Vikings over Saints

Superbowl 

Pats win their 6th Superbowl over the home team Vikings. 

In the day's first matchup I'm going with the home team (4) Kansas City. And in the night game, going with the road upset of (6) Atlanta over (3) LA. 

Tomorrow, I'm going chalk with the home teams. 1st game, (3) Jacksonville over (6) Buffalo. And then (4) New Orleans at home over (5) Carolina. 

That would then have (4) Kansas City at (1) New England. And (3) Jacksonville at (2) Pittsburgh. 

With the NFC being (6) Atlanta at (1) Philly. And (4) New Orleans at (2) Minny. 

I'll take (4) Kansas City with an upset over (1) New England amid rumors of Belichick leaving as he and Kraft are warring for power while both coordinators are each up for Head Coaching jobs. A monolithic regime splinters. Big one. 

Then I'll take (2) Pittsburgh at home handling (3) Jacksonville.

Having the AFC championship in Pittsburgh, I'll take (2) Pittsburgh over (4) Kansas City in the championship.

In the NFC, I'll take (1) Philly at home over (6) Atlanta, as the Eagle defense wins the game for them and enough doubt sets in about Foles from his play. Then I'll take (4) New Orleans in a road win, indoors, over (2) Minny. Setting up the NFC championship in Philly. 

I'll then take (4) New Orleans over (1) Philly in the NFC championship as Brees and his weapons of Kamara and Ingram do more than a fumbling and bumbling Foles. 

The SuperBowl matchup of Pittsburgh vs New Orleans. 

With cool talking points just from the QBs, Brees vs Ben. But also the fact that New Orleans would be playing again in the Minnesota stadium where they had defeated the Vikings in the divisional round. 

Ultimately, I'll go with Pittsburgh to win the Superbowl. 

5a511215dffa9_ScreenShot2018-01-05at3_26_10PM.thumb.png.45a7ec61cef8b822b3187cbecb9aedbb.png

AFC:

Chiefs over Titans

Jags over Bills

Steelers over Jags

Pats over Chiefs

Steelers over Pats

NFC:

Falcons over Rams

Saints over Panthers

Falcons over Eagles

Vikings over Saints

Vikings over Falcons

Super Bowl:

Steelers over Vikings

Big Ben retires on top as a 3x champion

Onward to the divisional round:

NFC: Atlanta at Philadelphia 430 pm Saturday 

New Orleans at Minnesota 440 pm Sunday 

AFC: Tennessee at New England 815 pm Saturday 

Jacksonville at Pittsburgh 105 pm Sunday

I was thinking Jacksonville might pull the upset on Pitt, but no dice after today. And I think the Pats handle the Titans easily, setting up a rematch of last year's AFCCG.

In the NFC......Atlanta is rightfully the favorite against the Eagles. I'm just waiting for the Falcons to have one of those road meltdown games, and if Foles can pick up his level of play somewhat?  This one will be close. And despite the experience of Brees, I think the Vikings win the game fairly big. 

5 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Onward to the divisional round:

NFC: Atlanta at Philadelphia 430 pm Saturday 

New Orleans at Minnesota 440 pm Sunday 

AFC: Tennessee at New England 815 pm Saturday 

Jacksonville at Pittsburgh 105 pm Sunday

I was only .500 with my picks.  Atlanta could mess up all my predictions, if they make it to the Superbowl.  That said, here's my revised prediction:

Atlanta crushes Philadelphia. It maybe close for a while, but in the second half; Atlanta pulls away.

Minnesota beats New Orleans.

Pittsburgh beats Jacksonville. There will be no repeat of their earlier matchup.

New England crushes Tennessee.

It's now Minnesota vs Atlanta and Minnesota winning the NFC Championship.

AFC Championship is still New England defeating Pittsburgh.

I still see New England defeating Minnesota for the Superbowl.

I'm rooting for the Vikings all the way. I hope they beat the Saints and send Gomer Payton back home... "HEY REFS... INTENTIONAL GROUNDING, INTENTIONAL GROUNDING, CITIZENS ARREST, CITIZENS ARREST!"

Now, I wonder who the match ups will be in the AFC Championship game?

Hmmmm!

5 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

In addition, answer the question a different way.

Instead of who you predict, say which SB matchup you prefer to see, and why.

From the AFC, I would like to see the Pats get a crack at tying the Steelers record for most SB wins. If the Pats or Steelers make the SB, that team will have the most SB appearances (nine). I'd prefer the Pats over the Steelers.

From the NFC, basically anybody except Atlanta.  I'd like to see the Vikings get a crack at playing the SB in their own stadium, and with Wentz getting injured at the end of the regular season, I think they have a good shot to do so, even if they have to wind up playing on the road in the NFCCG if Foles can beat the Falcons. 

6 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

In addition, answer the question a different way.

Instead of who you predict, say which SB matchup you prefer to see, and why.

Vikings vs. Jacksonville. It's what I prefer to see but of course the Jags won't be there.

Why?... I don't like the Saints (because of Payton), don't like the Falcons (because they royally screwed up the last SB), like the Titans but they have already been to the dance (although if not the Jags then the Titans). Of course my hate for the Eagles, Steelers, and Patriots are as natural to me as breathing... and although the Vikes have been to the SB several times without a win, a SB victory in their home stadium would be nice. 

On 1/10/2018 at 6:21 PM, BleedBNG said:

Vikings vs. Jacksonville. It's what I prefer to see but of course the Jags won't be there.

Why?... I don't like the Saints (because of Payton), don't like the Falcons (because they royally screwed up the last SB), like the Titans but they have already been to the dance (although if not the Jags then the Titans). Of course my hate for the Eagles, Steelers, and Patriots are as natural to me as breathing... and although the Vikes have been to the SB several times without a win, a SB victory in their home stadium would be nice. 

The titans haven’t been to the super bowl in some time though, so I’d think it would be cool to see them get there. I wouldnt be opposed to seeing a patriots Vs falcons super bowl again, to see if the falcons can actually finish the job this time ?? Of course the Vikings are my #1 choice, cause of what you mentioned—first team in history to make it to the super bowl in their own stadium. 

And i might be one of the few with this opinion, but i dont hate the saints like most seem to do now. Payton can be an *** sometimes with his whining to the refs (i seem to remember him doing that against us in November) but I’ve seen coaches that are WAYYYYY worse than him. And the saints haven’t been to the super bowl since the 09-10 season, so it would be cool to see them in it again. 

On 12/31/2017 at 8:11 PM, hail2skins said:

Super Bowl 52: Minnesota will become the first team to play the SB in their home stadium and will beat the Pats.

What say you?

Wow!

I see the AFC game unfolding like the Tennessee game did on Saturday night, with the Jags having a chance for a brief part at the beginning before the Pats decide its time to stop fooling around. I think NE wins and covers.

I agree with the Vikes being favored in the NFC game and were in control against the Saints, but didn't win yesterday so much as #43 lost that game in spectacularly horrible fashion for NO.  I now want the Eagles to win on Sunday, and this is coming from someone who wanted Philly to lose their NFCCG games so badly last decade that I could barely stand to watch the games. 

25 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I see the AFC game unfolding like the Tennessee game did on Saturday night, with the Jags having a chance for a brief part at the beginning before the Pats decide its time to stop fooling around. I think NE wins and covers.

I agree with the Vikes being favored in the NFC game and were in control against the Saints, but didn't win yesterday so much as #43 lost that game in spectacularly horrible fashion for NO.  I now want the Eagles to win on Sunday, and this is coming from someone who wanted Philly to lose their NFCCG games so badly last decade that I could barely stand to watch the games. 

Pats - Eagles might be the first time the Pats don't have a close Superbowl.  It won't be a high scoring affair but the Pats probably win that game 17- 6.

Pats - Vikings is the matchup I want. Yeah, the Pats will win but too see a home team playing in the Superbowl; would be first.

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@hail2skinsyou want our rival, the eagles, to win next weekend because the saints were stupid and allowed Diggs to score that TD...? Are you INSANE? The saints messing up should be no reason to cheer for the eagles—the EAGLES!!! Of all teams. 

If i was a mod, I’d ban you for life for that :P ?? (note to mods, im only half serious)

LOL.... I moved to the Philly area as a child after becoming a Skins fan down here, and have been anti-Eagles for a long time through the McNabb years. But growing older and the Skins having been such a pit of misery (Dilly Dilly!) themselves have kind of softened my hatred toward other teams.

I think it'd be a cool story if Foles, who was the Eagles starter in 2013-14, was able to navigate the Eagles to the SB in a backup role. Think I'd still cheer for the Pats, regardless of what NFC team makes it. 

On 1/1/2018 at 2:11 AM, hail2skins said:

What say you?

I love that eventhough I would like to see the Jags instead, I must confess I'm usually bad concerning football predictions :(

Archived