Extremeskins

TOC:Spurrier: Nebraska Rumors Unfounded

TK

http://www.theomahachannel.com/news/2682499/detail.html

Spurrier: Nebraska Rumors Unfounded

Washington Redskins' Coach Not Headed West

POSTED: 11:06 a.m. CST December 4, 2003

UPDATED: 11:51 a.m. CST December 4, 2003

LINCOLN, Neb. -- Speculation about Steve Spurrier becoming Nebraska's next head football coach is unfounded according to the Washington Redskins coach. Spurrier said Wednesday, "Y'all have got to quit believing all that. I can honestly say that this is as far north as I'll ever live."

Rumors of Spurrier sightings in Lincoln have been rampant since Frank Solich was fired over the weekend.

Before taking the Redskins' job, Spurrier was head coach at the University of Florida.

Solich Gets Ovation

Solich received a standing ovation from his players when he met with them for the last time Monday. Defensive backs coach Marvin Sanders told Omaha radio station KFAB Thursday morning the coach was sent out with cheers.

Sanders said the players rose to applaud Solich as he entered the meeting room. Sanders said Solich told the players to play the bowl game not for him but for the love of the game.

Nebraska is expected to meet Washington State in the Holiday Bowl in San Diego on Dec. 30. Official bowl pairings come out next week.

I am an Nebraska Cornhusker alum and I can speak on behalf of many other alumni who believe that Steve Spurrier is the Anti-Christ. We have never enjoyed a game more than when Tommy Frazier ran wild on Florida for 63 points in the Fiesta bowl for the National Championship. It was most entertaining watching his facial expressions on the sideline and visor throwing. I was on my honeymoon in California at the time so it was even better.

No way Jose!

Archived