Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

Just now, dswerdlw said:

While I wouldn't mind signing DRC as vet presence with slot experience, I'd be more interested in Aaron Colvin.  

I don’t see him in our price range. I’d rather have Breeland/Colvin over DRC but we put all our eggs in one basket with Norman essentially. 

4 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

While I wouldn't mind signing DRC as vet presence with slot experience, I'd be more interested in Aaron Colvin.  

Me too. He'll be pricier but I think the difference is worth it

Which just adds insult to injury when we had a young stud on a rookie contract manning the slot, and now have to spend cap dollars to fill the hole we created trying to save money at QB. And also lost a cheap 3rd round rookie contract in the same deal. 

1 minute ago, KingGibbs said:

LMAO! That was one expensive "project." 

It was a one year prove it deal. He didn't prove it, who cares? Nothing like this Richardson deal. 

You're being miserable in here. And this is coming from a guy who hates the Redskins right now. 

1 minute ago, DC9 said:

I'd agree he was worth the risk last year... not sold on him again.

Maybe not as much pressure on him this year? option #3,4,or 5 instead of #1...another year in same offense! Maybe?

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

A ton of the cheaper guys you'd prefer above Richardson are probably on their cheap rookie deals, and don't qualify to be anywhere near the top 25 in terms of cost. 

I bet comparing him only to the other vets on 2nd or 3rd contracts you'd feel better. 

I went by this

https://overthecap.com/position/wide-receiver

And did maybe I'm missing something wouldn't be the first time, appreciate trying to help me out

10 minutes ago, maxspruill21 said:

I don’t see him in our price range. I’d rather have Breeland/Colvin over DRC but we put all our eggs in one basket with Norman essentially. 

Colvin would be the perfect slot CB for Skins.  Young too.  Just after I hit the submit button the tweet above mine shows that Colvin signing with the Texans.  Rats!

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

It was a one year prove it deal. He didn't prove it, who cares? Nothing like this Richardson deal. 

You're being miserable in here. And this is coming from a guy who hates the Redskins right now. 

Miserable? Nah. I've become apathetic like MANY Redskins fans have because of that POS Snyder. 

25 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

That's great and all except

1. Until he shows it, P_Rich has a very long way to go to becoming Desean Jackson. They aren't the same guys

2. 4 years ago 8 million got you more then it gets you now

Now please don't make me out to be some poopooer of this deal. I'm hopeful for it not against it but I will always speak my truth and opinion. Do I think P_Rich is the 22nd best receiver in the game today? No I don't, so me saying I don't like the contract number is why I said that. I know this is going to be a sellers market and the buyers are all going to overpay, doesn't mean I'm against the deal or hate the man or anything. Welcome to the Redskins P_Rich :cheers:

I agree he's no DJax yet.  But with the cap today, $8 mil/yr isn't breaking the bank.  Sure he might not be the 22nd best WR in the league (yardage wise he was #38 as the #2 wr on his team) but he did put up more yards that Sammy Watkins and DJax last year. 

And to those interested in Wallace, he was #34 in total yards receiving and that was only 45 yards better than PRich.  

#ASmith2PRich4thaWin

PRich is a good pickup and if he works out and stays healthy, a steal for a young player in his prime for 5 years, imo.  DRC would be another good addition, wish we didn't get rid of Fuller, but at least it would take away some of the pain and help out our secondary for a year or two.  We basically got an older, safer version of Kirk for 3-5 years (depending if he plays out the extension) that is more mobile.  

If we can just keep our o-line together and fix the RB position, we might be a better team than last season.  Gotta hope we nail it in the draft, especially rounds 1, 2 and 4 (assuming we don't make any trade backs or somehow pick up a 3rd round pick this year).

7 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

If we can just keep our o-line together and fix the RB position, we might be a better team than last season.  Gotta hope we nail it in the draft, especially rounds 1, 2 and 4 (assuming we don't make any trade backs or somehow pick up a 3rd round pick this year).

Our schedule will be brutal. So I would differentiate between "better record" and "better team"

I fully expect that if you replace Cousins with Smith and change nothing else about the team, we'd be better by default based on progression of young players and being fully healthy. Much better, in fact.

Add in a speed-receiver, a dominant DL in FA, and some more draft picks, factoring in for health, I'd expect our team to be exceedingly better in 2018. Although our record may not reflect it.

Not to minimize who we would lose in FA. Brown, Breeland, Murphy and Galette are no JAGs ... but I'd expect they'd be replaced to a certain degree. If anything, just based on being healthy, we'd be better. ANd I think we got better by adding Richardson and presumably a RB later on in the draft.

28 minutes ago, skins4 said:

Maybe not as much pressure on him this year? option #3,4,or 5 instead of #1...another year in same offense! Maybe?

No...

Not knowing the offense and "pressure" don't amount to quitting on routes and dropsies. 

Archived