Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

Paul Richardson seems to be on a lot of folks list.  I'm not sure how lower-priced he'll be.  Really quick and nice footwork along the sidelines.

He wasn't on my list for being low-priced. The other two were.

Though there are a ton of WRs on the market so someone may slip thru the cracks and end up a bargain.

A lot of talk today on radio including by Cooley about Jarvis Landry.  Being in South Florida, I've watched Landry a lot.  Great player, can also block, can return kicks, too.   But he plays mostly out of the slot.   Can the dude be an outside receiver?  He also brings a bit of an attitude which is good and bad.  A lot like Garcon in that regard.  He can get hot at teammates/coaches.   But I think that unit could some spark like that.

If he can play outside, he'd be my #1 FA target.   

Seems like some of the moves the team made last year to let go of certain players might have been the right ones... lack of effort were the reason quoted by the team for reasons to letting baker walk in the first place.

Buccaneers' Chris Baker incited locker room shouting match following Panthers game http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/27/buccaneers-chris-baker-incited-locker-room-shouting-match-following-panthers-game/ via @ProFootballTalk

26 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Landry appears to be a player held back by QB woes, that would otherwise be a superstar.  I imagine that he will get paid mightily this offseason to a $ that we simply cannot afford.  

Yeah the money side of it will likely be prohibitive. He's arguably the top fish in the sea as to the receiver position so teams with mega cap room can front load a contract to lure him.  Like the 49ers did with Garcon.

Unless Landry gets a kick out of playing against his pal twice a year, O. Beckham.  Landry seems to like the limelight.  NFC East is a good place for that.

1 hour ago, oraphus said:

Seems like some of the moves the team made last year to let go of certain players might have been the right ones... lack of effort were the reason quoted by the team for reasons to letting baker walk in the first place.

Buccaneers' Chris Baker incited locker room shouting match following Panthers game http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/27/buccaneers-chris-baker-incited-locker-room-shouting-match-following-panthers-game/ via @ProFootballTalk

Baker always felt like an overrated player to me. He would occasionally make a big play, but he'd shoot himself in the foot just as often; Ionnaidis and Allen have both made him an afterthought. I also don't miss his cheapshot against Foles however many years ago it was. Big talk, rarely big actions.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Replacing Lovren with Van Dijk, nice.  Trying to think of a Redskins FA 2018 equivalent from famine to feast -- Fat Rob replaced with Le'Veon Bell?

Yeah that would be compatible lol.

I'm so happy right now.

Going through overthecap...  So far, this is the range/ballpark I’ve got guys in...

Brown 6-8mil

Long 2-3

Murphy 2

Foster 2-3

Grant 3

Breeland 7-9

That’s a range of 22-28mil/year (which isn’t including creative structuring, of course).  

Add Cousins (say 25-28?) and we’re at 47-56.  Take off Breeland and we’re down to around 40-49.  

OTC has the projected cap at 178mil and us with 54 in space.  

Thoughts?

Our cap position will be dictated by the length of contracts being signed. Cousins on a long term deal will drop a cap hit under 20mil in 2018. 

Gets tougher with short term deals, so I want Logan in town but last year he played on a one year 8mil deal. I wonder if the trend on one year deals continues in 2018, that's could be an issue in FA.

55 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If we are going cheapish or relatively cheapish in FA at WR

.........then we will re-sign Ryan Grant, stick with Crowder and Doctson, then draft after another mid round wideout to add to the group.

Thats my guess.

21 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

.........then we will re-sign Ryan Grant, stick with Crowder and Doctson, then draft after another mid round wideout to add to the group.

Thats my guess.

Receivers tend to take time to develop.  I am guessing they won't have the patience for growing pains.  I think they go FA.  Maybe draft, too.  But I'd be surprised if they don't grab someone in FA.  I would.

On 12/24/2017 at 7:38 PM, Thinking Skins said:

I wonder if the fact that we signed Vigil to a 2 year deal (expires in 2019) means anything about Foster and Compton? I could easily see us letting go of Compton for Vigil, but not really both. But, while there are players I want in the draft at ILB, there's nobody I really want in FA. So maybe we go with those 3 and a rookie next year? And I know I'm missing Spaight and JHC but I haven't been too impressed with them just yet. 

Vigil is going to be quality depth next year. I think Compton is a vet minimum guy given the injury so he'd say a pay drop vs the $1.7M he is making this year back down to around what Vigil is making. I'd see if I can bring both into training camp to compete for a spot.

I think Chris Carter is the guy we are going to have to cut ties with in the offseason. It's not as if he is some Pro Bowl quality special teamer

After Kirk walks, Bruce will have tons of money to sign fourth tier FAs with.  I bet we give Lard Ass from Stand By Me a two year deal to play LG.  

We need a running mate for ZBrown.  A new safety.  I have high hopes for Nicholson, and I haven't totally counted out Su'a yet, because despite the impressive mind reading capabilities of our fanbase, nobody really knows what his situation was/is.  If the team welcomes him back, I will fall in line with them because they know a lot more about it than me.  I imagine Earl Thomas will be out there as well.

Another bull to stick in there with Ioannidis and JAllen.

Let's roll.

On 12/27/2017 at 6:18 PM, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Thats my guess.

We might be able to get in on Allen Robinson because he's coming off an injury.

I know its risky but he's young and very good and we might need to take a chance like this for value.

He's only played 43 games and in that time has 386 receptions for 2,848 yards and 22 TD's.

On 12/27/2017 at 6:18 PM, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Thats my guess.

That’s my guess too.

thats 8-8 with no explosiveness again.  Which means they haven’t learned.  But I don’t think they are capable of learning.  So that’s my guess.

Apparently we are letting breeland hit free agency.  Putting all the puzzzle pieces together over the years, he is gone.  Gmsm convincing him to come back to pracctice, Swearinger calling out certain members of secondary for not knowing assignments.... its a shame the guy has a lot of talent

4 hours ago, zoony said:

Apparently we are letting breeland hit free agency.  Putting all the puzzzle pieces together over the years, he is gone.  Gmsm convincing him to come back to pracctice, Swearinger calling out certain members of secondary for not knowing assignments.... its a shame the guy has a lot of talent

The one quote I saw, I thought Swearinger mentioned the defense as a whole, not the secondary specifically... of course that’s the area he knows, so...

Agree that Breeland is all but gone.  The only thing I could see changing that is if Cousins doesn’t re-sign and we have more money to spend.  

Loved Breeland as a rookie and thought he could become a good player.  Reminds me a bit of Carlos Rogers, but with better hands (or is it “eyes”?).  Sticks his nose in the run game, presses pretty well and can usually stay on his guy’s hip.  I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that he has some trouble with his assignments though - never thought zone play was a strength, and there have been a good amount of blown assignments in his area over the years.  He’s had some really bad games, some really good games, and a lot of solid outings.  I’d be happy to keep him, but the money and the depth behind him pretty much rule that out.  

I don’t see Dunbar as much of a drop off, but that’s only after seeing an uptick in his play this year (and Breeland having some bad games/stretches the past two years).  Moreau is unproven (as is Holsey), though I see some of the same flashes we saw from Breeland as a rook.  If I had to bet, Fuller can play on the outside too, though I want him at least mostly in the slot.  

This secondary has, and will have a pretty nice blend of vets and youth, and talent and potential.  

Forgetting money for the moment, I’d be curious to see people’s FA receiver wishlist.  

Archived