Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

13 minutes ago, VaK9Trainer said:

With Jarvis Landry being traded to the Browns, that probably closes the door to Terrelle Pryor re-signing with Cleveland.  Perhaps we re-sign him on the cheap. Probably wishful thinking, but I still think the guy might be able to be productive. 

Oakland was also looking at him from what I heard, frankly I'd be disappointed if no one signs him.  He's a guy who definitely wants it

I’m just curious..why the hell are we so quite(besides the Smith trade)on trying to pickup any helpful players while the rest of the league is busy swapping and stacking their rosters???..I’m well aware that we don’t have a great number of players that other teams would be willing to trade for,but we got guys like Cravens sitting around that could bring us someone to help fill some of our needs!!..what does anybody else think????

Dolphins franchised Laundry and then traded him. Teams scared as **** not to be complete idiots like the Skins and lose players for nothing. 

1 minute ago, Mr.Will said:

I’m just curious..why the hell are we so quite(besides the Smith trade)on trying to pickup any helpful players while the rest of the league is busy swapping and stacking their rosters???..I’m well aware that we don’t have a great number of players that other teams would be willing to trade for,but we got guys like Cravens sitting around that could bring us someone to help fill some of our needs!!..what does anybody else think????

Let’s not make any trades, we automatically come out on the bottom of them. Our FA prowess is a little better but thats not saying much. 

3 minutes ago, Mr.Will said:

What it tells me is that they have their sights set on a specific player or 2 in Free Agency and know that they're going to have to overpay to get them, but they are probably "All In" on that player or players and know that they don't have any money to spend on anyone else. 

12 minutes ago, Mr.Will said:

We made the biggest trade so far this offseason, the only player acquired through all these trades that interested me was Talib. Not worried at all. 

10 minutes ago, VaK9Trainer said:

What it tells me is that they have their sights set on a specific player or 2 in Free Agency and know that they're going to have to overpay to get them, but they are probably "All In" on that player or players and know that they don't have any money to spend on anyone else. 

That’s what I’m afraid of..that really didn’t work out too well for us last season-picked up a handful of players and only two of em really made any significant contributions imo(Swearinger and Z.Brown)but the rest just sucked up more $$ than they were worth(McGee,Pryor,Quick,Mcclain)..I’m only hoping an praying that we pull off a better haul this offseason than lasts!!..but you did make a good point,thx for ur comment!!

On 3/7/2018 at 4:12 PM, CTskin said:

Bob, I say pass to both options. Land a stud or pass on everything else other than bargain bin. Hosley plays the slot. Moreau/Dunbar takes over for Breeland, Spaight takes over for Brown. We're really not talking about drastic dropoffs here, if any at all (aside from Fuller). 

This will put us in a MUCH better position after next year... but all the reports are saying that the Redskins will be aggressive, so as per usual, the FO only sees one year ahead.

If you're not gonna try to keep Brown then you might as well bring back Compton. Spaight was ok but not remotely in the ball park of Brown inside the box. Plus was banged up in what would qualify as a healthy season for him. Gotta upgrade significantly at NT to cover the weakness at ILB or get a stud ILB.

31 minutes ago, #BgMase76# said:

If you're not gonna try to keep Brown then you might as well bring back Compton. Spaight was ok but not remotely in the ball park of Brown inside the box. Plus was banged up in what would qualify as a healthy season for him. Gotta upgrade significantly at NT to cover the weakness at ILB or get a stud ILB.

Hell no to Compton. I'd take running nickel formation all the time if it keeps Compton off the field. Good heart, but awful skill. At worst, take a flyer on a random dude and hope he isn't trash. Better than the complete mediocrity we KNOW we'd get from Compton.

2 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

Love that Kizer is going to a real franchise. I had him rated as highest QB in draft last year and think he is basically similar in skill set as Carson Wentz. I know Watson had a great 8 or so games, but watch Kizer in a few years. 

Sorry man, the guy is pure garbage.

I mean he was awful even regressing to Brown's bad standards

2 hours ago, maxspruill21 said:

We made the biggest trade so far this offseason, the only player acquired through all these trades that interested me was Talib. Not worried at all. 

Marcus Peters is pretty good too

1 hour ago, Skins199021 said:

Sorry man, the guy is pure garbage.

I mean he was awful even regressing to Brown's bad standards

There is a reason his nickname is Kizer Soso lmao

6 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Hell no to Compton. I'd take running nickel formation all the time if it keeps Compton off the field. Good heart, but awful skill. At worst, take a flyer on a random dude and hope he isn't trash. Better than the complete mediocrity we KNOW we'd get from Compton.

We already took a flyer last year at ILB in Zach Vigil. I thought he played decent quite considering how poorly the defensive line played.

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

Who knows but fun to speculate.  Think the Cards want a 5th rounder for him.

We got a shot HigSkin!  Love to see the guy come here.  I am following HB on twitter as are more ESers so If I see something I'll post it.  I would think Swearinger would have a HUGE influence on him coming here, if it's possible. :)

Mathieu IMO would be a great acquistion. I don't love trading picks but my beef is really 1st through 3rd rounders for veterans. A 5th rounder for a young guy, I am fine with.

Having said that, if its draft picks the Cardinals want, doesnt it seem inevitable he is going to be a Brown? Or considering he is a marquee player going cheap in a trade, an Eagle?:ols:

Though arguably they dont need him with Jenkins on their roster.

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Mathieu IMO would be a great acquistion. I don't love trading picks but my beef is really 1st through 3rd rounders for veterans. A 5th rounder for a young guy, I am fine with.

Totally agree. He'd bring complete balance to our DB groupings and remove a pretty big need. 

Glad that the Skins are not pursuing Sherman.  Glad they are letting Breeland test the market.  Great CBs in this draft and maybe HB becomes a Redskin.  Would be a much better upgrade over Breeland.

Matthieu is 25 years old. 

He has a record of success in this league. 

Spare me the injury rhetoric. He played every game last year. He didn't have any significant decline in stats. He is still good. 

You would be insane not to offer him a multi million dollar contract. 

Funny Allen Robinson heard the Cooley film review.  I listened to it too -- in short Cooley gushed about Robinson as a true #1 guy.  For me its Richardson or Robinson at WR.  Richardson if there are serious red flags about Robinson health post ACL surgery.  Robinson if the Redskins think his health is clear.

Allen Robinson II Retweeted The Team 980

Been gone since like July ppl acting like I died #LookAlive who know the rest of the lyrics? Lol, appreciate the love Cooley!!! ??

Allen Robinson II added,

g6UAMfttXiRn1CjW.jpg
1:22
The Team 980 @team980
#CooleyFilmBreakdown of Jags WR Allen Robinson... SPOILER ALERT: @thecooleyzone wants him on the #Redskins!
15 replies13 retweets22 likes

4 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

To all the cap wizards. Could the Redskins sign Allen Robinson, Sheldon Richardson and resign Zach Brown to long term deals and still have enough for draft picks, and in season flexibility?

I am not a cap wizard but yeah if its just though 3 guys I think so.  They have if I recall 30 million and change to play with.  Typically, I think you have to hold back about 5-6 million?  They have to keep each guy under 10 million.  When they signed Norman they staggered his contract where the salary escalated in year 2.  You can always do that there

On another note looks like Cleveland still trading, traded Shelton to NE.

4 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

To all the cap wizards. Could the Redskins sign Allen Robinson, Sheldon Richardson and resign Zach Brown to long term deals and still have enough for draft picks, and in season flexibility?

Yeah, on backloaded deals, sure. But it wouldn't leave much for anyone else (Murphy, Galette, etc.).

Robinson likely $10-11m/yr

Richardson likely $8-9m/yr

Brown likely $7m/yr

Cap hits likely $8 for ARob, $7 for Richardson and $6 for Brown. So right there you've got $21m tied up of your $30m cap space, leaving you with $9m for draft picks and in-season acquisitions, which you want about $8-10m for. Cut Ziggy Hood, and you're freeing up $1m, too.

But then you go into the draft needing to get a RB and LG and probably a pass-rusher in the mid-rounds to bolster the depth since you're likely losing Galette and Murphy.

Of course, you can make anything work and we could do some restructures to free up space, but getting those 3 guys will eat up most of your cap, even with backloaded deals.

this year and next year we don't have a TON of cap space ... but we free up a lot in 2020 ... so you could have 3rd year escalators but likely not 2nd year ones.

7 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Yes.

The difficulty is if someone like Allen Robinson is only going to get a one year deal to prove his fitness...or he only wants a one year deal in the hope he can cash in next. He may get 12/14 mil p/y now, but the top WR contracts are dropping in at 16/18mil p/y.

We can't have any one year rentals at those kind of levels.

Archived