Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

4 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Would you all take a chance on Tavon Austin at some league minimum?  Nobody is gonna trade for him so it's looks like he might be released.  He's kind of a gadget and special teams guy.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rams-will-reportedly-move-on-from-tavon-austin-less-than-two-years-into-huge-deal/

Someone will likely take a chance on him for cheap -- there are a ton teams out there lacking playmakers of any kind -- but nobody should expect him to be more than an occasional playmaker who can run gimmicky type of plays

I would HigSkin.  I watched most if not all of his WVU games as I live in WV.  He was by FAR the best player on the team special with rare speed and quickness and caught the ball well.  

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

the way this day is going what next Cowboys get Thomas for a 6th rounder?

NFLTradeRumors.co @nfltrade_rumors

FollowingFollowing @nfltrade_rumors
More

Seahawks Will Listen To Trade Offers For S Earl Thomas http://bit.ly/2FyzNFD 

One way of shredding salary cap money and getting something for it.  I hope not us on Thomas or Sherman.  The Legion of Boom has fizzled out.

8 hours ago, dswerdlw said:

How do their contracts compare?  

Landry could cost 5/60mil plus. Reed is on about 8/9 mil per year.

I like him but sadly Reed misses half the season on a regular basis.

8 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Would you all take a chance on Tavon Austin at some league minimum?  Nobody is gonna trade for him so it's looks like he might be released.  He's kind of a gadget and special teams guy.

Too right I would. Strange that McVay couldn't get production from him, but on a decent contract he's got to be worth a look for Gruden.

8 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Landry could cost 5/60mil plus. Reed is on about 8/9 mil per year.

I like him but sadly Reed misses half the season on a regular basis.

Too right I would. Strange that McVay couldn't get production from him, but on a decent contract he's got to be worth a look for Gruden.

No way Landry is only $5/6 million.  He's tagged and that $15 million will have to be part of the equation.  Expect Landry to be more than double what you're suggesting.  Probably $12-14 million per year

Just now, Audible_Red40 said:

No way Landry is only $5/6 million.  He's tagged and that $15 million will have to be part of the equation.  Expect Landry to be more than double what you're suggesting.  Probably $12-14 million per year

5 year 60 mil plus :)

17 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Jarvis Landry: The Redskins like his game, but how much? And though he's not slow, he's also not a burner; does he really fit what they want and need? Because Miami used the franchise tag on Landry, the Redskins would have to trade for him -- and then sign him to a long-term deal. That’s a steep price to pay for someone whose productivity has come mostly in the slot -- where the Redskins already have a weapon in Crowder. In the past three years, Landry has caught 100 passes while aligned wide, averaging 9.71 yards with six touchdowns, according to ESPN Stats & Information. During that same time while lined up in the slot, Landry has caught 204 passes, averaged 11.06 yards and scored 11 touchdowns. Landry would add toughness at receiver and would help the blocking. He hasn’t been a big-play target, though, with only six of his 112 catches last season gaining 20 or more yards.

They need reliable talent at the position, so yes.  But I'd be pro Robinso  over Landry since we have Crowder already.  But roll out Landry/Robinson, Doctson, Crowder, and TBD speed guy at WR4. 

Landry would catch 700 balls with Alex Smith.   

11 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I hate Philly getting Bennett. The guy is a serious problem to handle in the front 7. I wish we would have kicked the tires on him in all honesty.

I think we would need him to play a ton since we dont have the depth on the DL that Philly has. He can go there and always be fresh and maximize what he brings.

According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, the Dolphins will consider releasing DT Ndamukong Suh.

Jackson said the move is "under consideration." The Herald reported in February that Suh could be designated as a post-June 1 cut, which would save Miami $17 million under the salary cap. The five-time Pro Bowler is due a guaranteed $8.5 million if he's still on the roster by March 19, so the clock is ticking. Suh turned 31 in January and hasn't missed a game since 2011. He would

Suh has certainly matured mentally over the past few seasons. But I dont think you are going to be getting him on some kind of cheap deal either. No doubt he is still a force. But at 31 years old I dont know if I would feel really great about breaking the bank for the guy. You can probably get Poe for much cheaper.

with our cap, we have no chance at him anyways.... but he'll maybe push someone to us if he hits the market... either draft or FA.

No thanks on Vinny Curry though. I think he's a product of Fletcher Cox and Brandon Graham's dominance. They just improved by getting Bennett as opposed to losing Curry.

I think we end up with Sheldon Richardson and I am not mad at that.

I think I'd like our big FA splash to be on G Andrew Norwell. It's a clear need and he's young and will bolster a position that was devastated by injuries last year. 

From there, try and land next player at WR/RB/DL, with DL being an point of emphasis. 1 or 2 upper quality players would be great in FA in my opinion. From there you could probably have room to extend guys like Scherf and Crowder. 

Norwell coupled with Poe or Logan would be very nice and within means of our cap.

I love the draft for DB/RB/LB. I think we should snag a defense player at 13 and BPA at 44.

Norwell very well may get $11-13m APY and think it’s clear he’s going to NYG. If we do a guard in FA I’d expect a Jonathan Cooper or Jack Mewhort type. Cheaper shorter length deals for upside players. 

If I was a betting man I’d say our big FA will either he DL or WR. Maybe both depending on who. Poe + Paul richardson or Sheldon Richardson could both be done depending on the money structures. Love Allen Robinson but don’t think you’d be able to squeeze him and a top tier DL in along with Brown and Gallette coming back 

I also think Doctson is primed for a breakout as a stud legit WR1. For whatever reason Kirk didn’t target him but when he did he was efficient and was constantly open. With Crowder, Robinson would be a huge luxury that would make us elite. But I think a Paul richarsson or even Gabriel could do the trick for cheaper and allow you to spend big $$ on defense

Well, I don't want another Shaun Lavoa. Just draft depth than. No middle of the road consolation prizes. We have 2 of them on the DL already.

Sheldon Richardson, sure. Dontari Poe, sure. Otherwise, draft and rollover cap IMO.

I hear the bus on Richardson is really driving up price, no thanks again

Archived