Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

42 minutes ago, method man said:

Given Baker's tendency to take plays off and given that he has a hit a low in his career and may be hungry to prove himself again, I think signing him for a 1 year deal as a depth piece would be a great move. If he is a guy that wears down over the course of a game, sticking him in for 10-15 plays a game negates that issue

If we'd be signing him to play 10-15 plays a game, then that's more a waste of a roster spot than the money spent on him. I just don't get why people want to bend over backwards to find a place on the team. He isn't worth the baggage he brings.

every where I'm looking it seems like people are saying teams need OL help.  It's enough to make me wonder two things, if their could be a market for Nsekhe this year, even though he's only RFA.  Is it possible?

Secondly and less  to do with this thread, there's a ton of comments about teams cutting loose OL who haven't worked out.  Are the colleges not producing offensive linemen who can play these days?  That seems to happen in college occasionally.  They get into systems that don't translate to the pros and suddenly everyone who comes in at a certain position busts hard

10 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Could we sign Julius Thomas? I know he wasn’t good in Miami (but with cutler at QB, who’d succeed anyway?) but i feel Like he’d be a good fit for our offense. 

Another TE known for his inability to block?  I hope not.  

Just about three weeks out now.  Usually this is when we'll start hearing players "heavily linked" with clubs.

Ironically that all happens during and just after the combine.

Completely above board.

Keep your eyes and ears about you the next week or so, ladies and gents.

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

Just about three weeks out now.  Usually this is when we'll start hearing players "heavily linked" with clubs.

Completely above board.

Yea after the 1st wave of interviews, the leaks tend to start. 

Cooley really pushing this guy again this morning, he loves him.

DUhEGY4U8AA2L7X.jpg
6 replies33 retweets107 likes

Retweet

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

Completely above board.

Mike Garafolo talks here about how the Redskins and Breeland are far apart on what he's worth.  He says he understands the FO thinks Norman fell off some last year.  He speculated that they'd might consider Malcolm Butler.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/up-to-the-minute/0ap3000000917048/Could-the-Redskins-be-in-play-to-pursue-Malcolm-Butler-in-free-agency

More

Don't throw deep against Kyle Fuller ?

DWu5k3aVQAImtBG.jpg

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Cooley really pushing this guy again this morning, he loves him.

DUhEGY4U8AA2L7X.jpg
6 replies33 retweets107 likes

Retweet

More

Not sure if you heard this but this week Chris Thompson was asked what kind of RB the team needed and he said one like him.

I agree in part to that. Another pass catching elusive RB to go with CT like Lewis could put together a solid RB group for them next year. Neither guys got the frame for 20+ carries a year but I can see them being good if given 10 each a game. I like that and I’m generally against signing free agents

About the Fuller stats sure they are good but is he taking Norman and Breeland with him? I’d bet a healthy amount of money against him repeating that feet this season especially with them moving Peters today. Not a slam against Fuller but he had a great tandem of corners playing with him that helped his rating 

8 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Not sure if you heard this but this week Chris Thompson was asked what kind of RB the team needed and he said one like him.

I agree in part to that. Another pass catching elusive RB to go with CT like Lewis could put together a solid RB group for them next year. Neither guys got the frame for 20+ carries a year but I can see them being good if given 10 each a game. I like that and I’m generally against signing free agents

Yep.  I posted about it on another thread.  He said it in a Craig Hoffman interview.  But agree I like Lewis.

9 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

About the Fuller stats sure they are good but is he taking Norman and Breeland with him? I’d bet a healthy amount of money against him repeating that feet this season especially with them moving Peters today. Not a slam against Fuller but he had a great tandem of corners playing with him that helped his rating 

Kendall Fuller's stats are indeed good.  But I presume if you are respond to the post here, that's about Kyle Fuller, Kendall's brother, who is a FA.  That's why I posted it here.  Breeland is on that graphic too who is also an impending FA.

27 minutes ago, carex said:

unless we're talking going straight up player for player trade there is no excuse to be giving up on Doctson after only two years, one that was lost to injury

I'll guess.....Scot will convince the Browns to trade for him. We will accept a high second rounder then trade away a fifth for Bryant.

8 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I'll guess.....Scot will convince the Browns to trade for him. We will accept a high second rounder then trade away a fifth for Bryant.

Wow, you are way more optimistic toward this FO than I am... I would have guessed the exact opposite.  

1 hour ago, bobandweave said:

Don't think that Chris was alluding to the idea of another RB but was saying he should be the number 1 and Perine or someone else should be brought in when smash mouth is needed.  More along the lines that we had with Byner as number one and Riggs as smash mouth guy and primary backup. Those of us who are old enough probably remember Joe Washington's greatness as a third down back but that wasn't Gibbs' plan even going into 1982.  Washington was supposed to be the guy while Riggo was supposed to play short yardage and 4 minute. 

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

Maybe there are rumblings we're ready to move on from Doctson??  Maybe they'd take Cravens for him straight up.

Your guess is good as mine as to whether there is any truth to this.  But it’s sad if true.  Let’s pay a vocal malcontent with drug priors and dump a first round pick going into his third but really 2nd season.  I’m not convinced Doctson will ever live up to his draft status.  But since when has Bruce been ahead of the curve on making that kind of decision?

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep.  I posted about it on another thread.  He said it in a Craig Hoffman interview.  But agree I like Lewis.

Kendall Fuller's stats are indeed good.  But I presume if you are respond to the post here, that's about Kyle Fuller, Kendall's brother, who is a FA.  That's why I posted it here.  Breeland is on that graphic too who is also an impending FA.

Doh lol thanks for the correction ?

For the record I’m straight up against trading doctson. He needs at a minimum another season before considering that

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/967157217865666560/photo/1

one day one day soon could be next year if the front office does this right when this comes out all Redskins nation will rejoice. Instead of groan seeing the rich get richer all the damn time. Makes me angry they lost two thousand yard receivers and were so stupid they didn’t even get one pick. And for what? Players they couldn’t use like Pryor and the two awful defensive linemen? Damn it this is enough to fire Bruce

13 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/967157217865666560/photo/1

one day one day soon could be next year if the front office does this right when this comes out all Redskins nation will rejoice. Instead of groan seeing the rich get richer all the damn time. Makes me angry they lost two thousand yard receivers and were so stupid they didn’t even get one pick. And for what? Players they couldn’t use like Pryor and the two awful defensive linemen? Damn it this is enough to fire Bruce

and DJ Swearinger and Zach Brown. 

And it just so happens neither of the guys we lost were 1000 yard recievers last year

Archived