Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Probably. With about $17 million to some on resigning guys and free agents, Collins at $8-10 a year and Clooney at $13-15 would be near impossible even with reduced Year 1 cap hits. Unless you cut Norman. And then you gotta go CB early in the draft which I guess is fine. That would be pretty nuts front 7 with Ruben Foster included 

I know it's too much. I almost included a laughing face emoji. Not that I think it's impossible. We have some dead salary weight that could go. But, our FO won't be that aggressive in adding to our defense. I honestly think most web forum/easy chair GM's could do a better job of building a team than we have. Most of the players we have that are beloved, were no brainer picks. Our mistakes have all been so transparent at the time of the move. Not to turn this into an Allen/GM thread. 

Still, we do need an OLB, since I assume we let Preston go. Clowney could be great in that role. An even better run defender than Preston, and a much better pass rusher. 

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

HaHa has a projected $9.1 APY contract projection per Spotrac. But he may have played that down a bit I don’t know. $7-8m APY for a 26 year old Safety is who has pedigree is fine. Him or Collins either one

Collins please. Add in HaHa if the price is right (say $6m/year-ish) I think we would be wiser to overpay for Collins, but like most of us here, I miss the ST style of play.

6 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Haha could be very good in the right situation, but isn't ever going to be what makes your defense great. And yes, I wish we weren't talking about replacing one of our top 3 defenders. 

Haha is very good if he’s not relied upon to be your best defender.

3 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Collins please. Add in HaHa if the price is right (say $6m/year-ish) I think we would be wiser to overpay for Collins, but like most of us here, I miss the ST style of play.

Does anyone else worry that Collins doesn't really fix what has been missing in our defense, which is mostly a lack of team speed and coverage ability? I honestly see him as a downgrade from Swearinger. I'd be happy if we signed him, and he is very young still, but he can't be viewed as the piece that takes our team to the next level, since he'd basically just be stepping in for Swearinger. 

2 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

I love this thought. He was highly touted prospect on this board in the draft thread. But we also need to admit that he failed to flourish in Green Bay, and subsequently was mediocre at best during his brief stint here. I doubt if any of us on this board don't already miss DJs gameday play and personna. We must have a gaping hole if Ha Ha is being touted as our future.

Yeah the future at FS... whats wrong with giving the guy the opportunity to "flourish"?  He played pretty good in GB just FYI.  Just go back and look at some of his numbers.  Dix has more tackles, sacks, ints(tie) in 5 years then DJ has in 6 years.  DJ is gone, get over it.  His play droppd off hard as the season went on as well, so if were going to be critical then he is a much better target because not only was he getting beat like a drum by TEs he was criticizing coaches.... Ill take HA-HA all day over that. (yes i know they play SLIGHTLY different posistions.)   

10 minutes ago, NeverSurrender said:

Yeah the future at FS... whats wrong with giving the guy the opportunity to "flourish"?  He played pretty good in GB just FYI.  Just go back and look at some of his numbers.  Dix has more tackles, sacks, ints(tie) in 5 years then DJ has in 6 years.  DJ is gone, get over it.  His play droppd off hard as the season went on as well, so if were going to be critical then he is a much better target because not only was he getting beat like a drum by TEs he was criticizing coaches.... Ill take HA-HA all day over that. (yes i know they play SLIGHTLY different posistions.)   

Believe it or not, I'm not in complete disagreement here. HaHa is a valuable starter quality player ATM, and we have some holes to fill, so if the price is right I would love to have him onboard. I was stoked when it was announced that we picked him up. But I do see Collins as being much closer to being the type who makes an impact here

I would be OK with Dix coming back, I think we all had bigger expectations at first but it did seem like he played better towards the end but his angles are pretty bad. Does anyone see absolutely no value in Paul Richardson? He seems like an expensive Crowder but doesn’t seem as explosive.  I would rather keep Jamison, hopefully a healthy Quinn will step up. 

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Probably. With about $17 million to some on resigning guys and free agents, 

Id expect us to have well over 30mil in cap space. Nearer 40 if Norman goes.

Cant see Dix getting more than 4-5 mil per year. Collins probably double that in the FA market.

HaHa for $4-5 APY is a good deal IMO. He sures up safety on a bargain and let’s Montae and apke compete. Draft another later round guy as depth. I’d be cool with a Landon HaHa secondary for $12-14m APY combined if we could make that work. Just to have our Middle literally dominated by Bama boys? 2 DTs 2 ILBs and 2 SAF.

but you’d also have 2 safeties who are in their prime at 25-26. 

Do they play play the same position? Didn’t HaHa play FS and kick DJ to SS or was it vice versa. I thought Collins played SS

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Steelers would be open to trading Antonio Brown.

I would definitely offer them a 1st.

It seems we can't get the QB we need in the 1st.

So why not get the WR we desperately need with a 1st ?

Who's going to throw Brown the ball?. A wasted 1st round pick in my opinion. 

HTTR 

6 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

It seems we can't get the QB we need in the 1st.

So why not get the WR we desperately need with a 1st ?

I'm thinking that a QB like Will Grier will be available around where we pick. Trading away our 1st round pick now simply removes any options. Who knows who will drop to us come draft time?

5 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Agreed plus plus we are not one puece away from contending like the cowboys...

Teddy Bridgewater..plus we wooped the cow****es ass once this season, we obviously know what led to the loss on Thanksgiving day...despite the quarterback situation I think we're still contenders in the division... Fingers crossed that Foster doesn't come into more trouble, is on the roster, pans out and we draft a kick-ass linebacker... new d-coordinator and switch things up we'll have a good d.. Don't let those cowpukes scare you

11 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Is there any reason the Giants wouldn't just franchise Collins? I would assume that they wouldn't let him leave as a free agent. 

YAAA Giants would be majorly nuts to led that bad ass go..I'd give this year's first and next year's first for him..good Lord get 21 in burgundy and bla...gold!

20 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

HaHa for $4-5 APY is a good deal IMO. He sures up safety on a bargain and let’s Montae and apke compete. Draft another later round guy as depth. I’d be cool with a Landon HaHa secondary for $12-14m APY combined if we could make that work. Just to have our Middle literally dominated by Bama boys? 2 DTs 2 ILBs and 2 SAF.

but you’d also have 2 safeties who are in their prime at 25-26. 

Do they play play the same position? Didn’t HaHa play FS and kick DJ to SS or was it vice versa. I thought Collins played SS

No way to haha...he sucks... When we got him before he played a snap for us I YouTube'd his highlights and they kind of left an awful taste in my mouth....other then a couple plays here and there with him here I'd say pass on him..

48 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Teddy Bridgewater..plus we wooped the cow****es ass once this season, we obviously know what led to the loss on Thanksgiving day...despite the quarterback situation I think we're still contenders in the division... Fingers crossed that Foster doesn't come into more trouble, is on the roster, pans out and we draft a kick-ass linebacker... new d-coordinator and switch things up we'll have a good d.. Don't let those cowpukes scare you

YAAA Giants would be majorly nuts to led that bad ass go..I'd give this year's first and next year's first for him..good Lord get 21 in burgundy and bla...gold!

Geez! Two firsts? I wouldn't pay one first for him. I don't think he's better than Swearinger, but he is younger. I might cough up a second, but that goes against our recent model of team building. 

I don't think anyone on the FA board has brought up Earl Thomas. He could really help cover a lot of our deficiencies on defense. Is everyone assuming he's just going to the Cowboys?

27 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Geez! Two firsts? I wouldn't pay one first for him. I don't think he's better than Swearinger, but he is younger. I might cough up a second, but that goes against our recent model of team building. 

I don't think anyone on the FA board has brought up Earl Thomas. He could really help cover a lot of our deficiencies on defense. Is everyone assuming he's just going to the Cowboys?

He is a ton better than swearinger...wayyy better..

9 hours ago, markmills67 said:

HTTR 

Unfortunate, this is kind of move I’d be in support of if the Skins has made the playoffs this year and momentum going into next year. This isn’t the case, so lean towards passing on Brown.

Though, I think value exists, as Steelers will be forced to absorb Browns guarantees making increasing value for Skins financially. Brown would probably just hold out after a year anyways though to increase his guaranteed money lol. The new athlete in today’s NFL is rough, but don’t fault them at all. 

3 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

We are contenders??? How?? Philly  blew us out as did the giants and the first game we played the pukes we didnt beat their A** like you say we won on a lucky defensive td without that we lose and that was with Smith. Im done giving this team the benefit of the doubt just rewind to the monday night game vs the saints thats about as close to contention we are..

12 hours ago, markmills67 said:

HTTR 

I don't get the thinking here. We should deliberately go after less talented receivers, because we have a less talented QB ?

That's like consciously making the team worse. We shouldn't pursue top wideouts because we don't have a top QB ?

The opposite is true.

We need a guy like Brown even moreso, due to the fact that questions surround the QB.

Brown is a receiver who can make any QB, even a bad one, look better.

It would actually be worse if we got a decent QB, but had a corps of receivers like this ;

Because then the question becomes the opposite of yours ; Who is he going to throw the ball TO ?

If you have sub-par receivers not getting open, it doesn't matter who the QB is.

At least a receiver like Brown can catch poorly thrown balls. One final thing, how can you be so certain that we won't have a decent QB, come season opener ?

7 hours ago, bowhunter said:

I'm thinking that a QB like Will Grier will be available around where we pick. Trading away our 1st round pick now simply removes any options. Who knows who will drop to us come draft time?

You're right. Will Grier will be there when we pick in the first.

Problem is,  he'll also be there when we pick in the 2nd, and maybe the 3rd.

Archived