Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

3 minutes ago, CTskin said:

The Eagles just traded a 3rd rounder for Golden Tate.

Great.  I wonder if we will do ANYTHING.  I seriously doubt it.  Golden Tate for a third is a good move by the Eagles, Cow's get Cooper, meanwhile we sit on our hands. Our FO frustrates the hell out of me.  Hail. 

Just now, desertbeagle85 said:

Know what sucks is our garbage ass front office. I haven't even heard of them trying to make moves and if anyone needs help at WR it's the Skins. This is why this team doesn't win.

I can feel your frustration in your post, I’m just pissed he’s in our division now.....all three teams in our division are making roster moves, whether it’s the Giants dumping everyone, Cowboys and Cooper and now Eagles with Tate.  I’m happy we are 5-2, but reality is, it’s an ugly 5-2 because of the lack of production offensively.  Someone try and explain to me why the first place team in the division has done nothing to help their struggling unit on their FiRST place team????  I see this hurting the Skins at some point this season.

2 minutes ago, justice98 said:

It doesnt have to be a rental.  Alshon Jeffery was a one year rental at the time, then he cane back.

We don't have the funds, we have a lot to re-sign after this year and Tate will be expensive. Philly has the luxury of a QB on a rookie deal... 

2 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Thomas is already gone... they've said Sanders is not available. 

Get yourself a Courtland Sutton in fantasy. That guy is the real deal.

Just now, Bigmuss1 said:

I can feel your frustration in your post, I’m just pissed he’s in our division now.....all three teams in our division are making roster moves, whether it’s the Giants dumping everyone, Cowboys and Cooper and now Eagles with Tate.  I’m happy we are 5-2, but reality is, it’s an ugly 5-2 because of the lack of production offensively.  Someone try and explain to me why the first place team in the division has done nothing to help their struggling unit on their FiRST place team????  I see this hurting the Skins at some point this season.

I mean everything you just said is exactly what I've been thinking all year. This team doesn't look good when they win. Defense and Peterson is the only reason we have 5 wins. Alex Smith doesn't look good and he won't look good unless he has someone to throw it to. Tate would have helped and you could extend him for 3 years. It's not like Doctson has done anything. Not saying Tate is a number one, but hell we could use a number 2 WR. This team will not win this division if they continue to play the way they have.

We play the Eagles twice and that determines the division. They just got better and we didn't. Sad

2 minutes ago, justice98 said:

It doesnt have to be a rental.  Alshon Jeffery was a one year rental at the time, then he cane back.

I really hope the Eagles give Tate a big extension. Paying 30+ receivers big money is almost always a bad idea. Especially ones that rely on quickness.

He will help this year though - he makes them better right now.

Wentz will need an extension or fifth year option in 2020.

1 minute ago, Audible_Red40 said:

As much as I believe Tate would help us, I am ok with holding onto a 3rd instead of the half season rental.

I'd be ok with D.Parker coming on board, but again not at the asking price.

Can you find a WR as good as Tate in the 3rd. Teams that make moves like the Eagles just did win Super Bowls. Ask the Eagles 

1 minute ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Can you find a WR as good as Tate in the 3rd. Teams that make moves like the Eagles just did win Super Bowls. Ask the Eagles 

Um yes, there are a ton... Golden Tate himself was drafted in the 3rd I believe. 

Just now, Audible_Red40 said:

We are not a Golden Tate away from winning a SB - realistically.  So I'd rather still keep the 3rd for our future.

I'd like to make the playoffs and get a damn win in the playoffs. Let's start there and Tate is a nice WR. Resign him for 3 years and Draft another WR early. Doctson is a bust

2 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Okay did we draft him, because this front office doesn't find players in the 3rd like him. Hell they blew a 1st on Doctson. 

Haha the Redskins finding a talented WR in the 3rd is a different story... I'm not too high on him, but Crowder was a 4th.

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

It wasn't worth a 3rd, considering his contract situation.

But I'm almost tempted to say it might have been worth a 3rd, just to keep him from Philly, in case Tate's the one that pushes Philly to the top of the division, possibly.

if they let him go they might just get the third rounder right back as a comp pick.  so Philly and Dallas make deals for receivers.  Wonder how Dan handles it if by chance both offenses become more explosive and one of those teams overtakes them.  I am not endorsing either deal, I think Dallas overpaid.  I sort of like Philly's deal specific to their offense -- you add him with the playmakers they already have, I think that becomes a more dynamic offense. 

Howie Roseman is what Dan/Vinny wanted to be, wheelers and dealers who are aggressive and most of those deals actually work out -- as opposed to Dan/Vinny who mostly bombed with their moves

Archived