Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

9 minutes ago, JaxJoe said:

So, the Jets get a 3rd round pick from New Orleans for Teddy Bridgewater and a 6th. I wonder what Colt McCoy could fetch?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24514786/jets-trade-quarterback-teddy-bridgewater-saints

Wow,seems to me like the Saints came out on top of that one. I think if the Jets had played their cards right and held onto him a little longer they could’ve come away with a lot more.  What could they have gotten if a starter for a team with a not so great back up QB had gone down ? 

6 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

I would have kept teddy and groomed darnold behind him. But thats a great move from saints. I really wish instead of trading for alex smith we gave him a shot to see if he recovered fully. I believe in teddy touchdowns as a franchise qb. And hes only 25, thats insane. 

I agree that teddy would have been a nice option but that plan could have backfired in a couple ways. 

He could have been half the player he was before the knee injury and if we waited until kirk was a free agent and Teddy decided he didn't want to play for the skins we would have been the last ones standing when the music stopped.

That's one of the reasons we did the Alex smith deal because we could consummate the deal before we had to make a final decision on kirk. 

4 hours ago, redskinss said:

I agree that teddy would have been a nice option but that plan could have backfired in a couple ways. 

He could have been half the player he was before the knee injury and if we waited until kirk was a free agent and Teddy decided he didn't want to play for the skins we would have been the last ones standing when the music stopped.

That's one of the reasons we did the Alex smith deal because we could consummate the deal before we had to make a final decision on kirk. 

Agree.  With Teddy's injury, New Orleans is a good fit because they can hold onto him for a couple seasons to ensure he heals and heals well - by then Drew Brees retires.  For us, we would've started him right away and put him at risk for re-injury right away.  I suppose we could've went with Colt as a starter and gently eased Teddy into the mix, but that would be sacrificing the season.  Much better fit with the Saints.

14 hours ago, JaxJoe said:

So, the Jets get a 3rd round pick from New Orleans for Teddy Bridgewater and a 6th. I wonder what Colt McCoy could fetch?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24514786/jets-trade-quarterback-teddy-bridgewater-saints

I suspect a whole lot less than what he is worth to us. Hogan would be our #2! Heck, McNown is no great shakes but he was the Jets primary guy last year and is definitely better than Hogan.  McNown probably would be happy with a backup/mentor role, Bridgewater would not.  McCoy seems to be happy as possible with a backup role.

57 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

I suspect a whole lot less than what he is worth to us. Hogan would be our #2! Heck, McNown is no great shakes but he was the Jets primary guy last year and is definitely better than Hogan.  McNown probably would be happy with a backup/mentor role, Bridgewater would not.  McCoy seems to be happy as possible with a backup role.

and he's happy doing it here... there's value in that.  He's signed multiple extensions and stayed in the system.

11 hours ago, JaxJoe said:

Agree.  With Teddy's injury, New Orleans is a good fit because they can hold onto him for a couple seasons to ensure he heals and heals well - by then Drew Brees retires.  For us, we would've started him right away and put him at risk for re-injury right away.  I suppose we could've went with Colt as a starter and gently eased Teddy into the mix, but that would be sacrificing the season.  Much better fit with the Saints.

You do realize that Bridgewater is free agent after the season? Unless Brees retires after 2018, Bridgewater is going to walk and go somewhere else. Seems like a steep price for the Saints to pay for a one year back-up QB. You kind of figure if Brees goes down, the Saints are screwed. Bridgewater is clearly better than what they had, but it's a losing scenario either way. A third rounder for a one year back-up seems steep (not counting the 6th coming back). Though Cleveland also gave up a third rounder to rent Tyrod Taylor for one season or however long he'll hold off Baker Mayfield. Maybe both teams expect to get a good compensatory pick in return after the season? Or maybe Brees secretly told the Saints he's done after the year? Not sure. But this just reinforces my belief the Redskins could have easily tagged Cousins and traded him for a decent return given the fact teams are giving up 3rd rounders for one year back-up rentals.

On 3/26/2018 at 10:19 PM, Mr.Will said:

Yeah,I’m on the fence with him as well..but I like his chances better with who’s coaching him..I’m curious to see how this year plays out for him and which direction he goes!

Problem is, KC was not going to work with us. Furthermore, KC was obviously a high profile player whom teams would have wanted assurances he would stay beyond a year they would otherwise be renting. 

Bridgewater is clearly a 'what if' scenario that will likely back up Brees for this season. I will say the Saints overpaid for him. But the idea that KC vs Bridgewater is like comparing apples to oranges.

1 hour ago, Jericho said:

You do realize that Bridgewater is free agent after the season? Unless Brees retires after 2018, Bridgewater is going to walk and go somewhere else. Seems like a steep price for the Saints to pay for a one year back-up QB. You kind of figure if Brees goes down, the Saints are screwed. Bridgewater is clearly better than what they had, but it's a losing scenario either way. A third rounder for a one year back-up seems steep (not counting the 6th coming back). Though Cleveland also gave up a third rounder to rent Tyrod Taylor for one season or however long he'll hold off Baker Mayfield. Maybe both teams expect to get a good compensatory pick in return after the season? Or maybe Brees secretly told the Saints he's done after the year? Not sure. But this just reinforces my belief the Redskins could have easily tagged Cousins and traded him for a decent return given the fact teams are giving up 3rd rounders for one year back-up rentals.

Well... if Bridgewater signs a decent backup QB contract elsewhere then Saints will get a Comp pick back as well... probably a 4th/5th rounder.

13 hours ago, Jericho said:

You do realize that Bridgewater is free agent after the season? Unless Brees retires after 2018, Bridgewater is going to walk and go somewhere else. Seems like a steep price for the Saints to pay for a one year back-up QB.

I figured since Brees signed a two year deal back in March that the Saints would keep Bridgewater for two years, or until the time Brees retires, if it is at the end of this season. That’s where I got my ‘two years’ from, but yeah, they’ll have to resign Bridgewater after this season. 

Do not understand why they didnt bring in a vet after cutting Scandrick. Now after camp it may to late and I guess we wait for our first CB injury before they make a move.

Josh Norman is our only proven CB.This is nuts imo. If I was an OC, Id spread it out and pick on Moreau or Stroman or Danny Johnson.

All day, id target and tear a Danny Johnson or Stroman up and down the field.

This is a major mistake imo and I hope the coaches know what they are doing bc on paper, this looks like suicide.

edit - I like Hankins twitter. Seems to be a good guy, grounded, little god in there, family, just married ... very odd he hasnt signed.

3 hours ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

edit - I like Hankins twitter. Seems to be a good guy, grounded, little god in there, family, just married ... very odd he hasnt signed.

Gotta wonder how long it's gonna take for him to step into a team during the regular season, then get into "football shape", then learn the playbook.

21 hours ago, sjinhan said:

Well... if Bridgewater signs a decent backup QB contract elsewhere then Saints will get a Comp pick back as well... probably a 4th/5th rounder.

Maybe, assuming the Saints don't sign any free agents themselves. That helps mitigate things a bit. But i find it odd no one wanted Bridgewater in the offseason (where were you Bills?) and he signed a relatively cheap deal with the Jets. Then all of a sudden people decided they need Bridgewater, and give up a second day pick for him. I always find it weird that teams trade for QBs so later in the process as well. If there's a position that takes a long time to get up to speed with a new team, it's QB. And now I'm hearing teams want to trade for Robert Griffin? The guy no one wanted for an entire year? Just because of some preseason plays? People realize it's preseason, right? I'll never understand some teams. And then there's the Patriots, always snookering someone out of something good.

Just now, dyst said:

Mack to the Bears?

Appears to be that way... reports that the Bears have matched what Oak wants, so they've been given permission to negotiate an extension with Mack.  Rappaport thinks it could eclipse Aaron Donald's deal from a couple days ago.   

4 minutes ago, maxspruill21 said:

Idiot move by the Raiders. Mack changes the game, pay him. Raiders fans loved Khalil Mack, sounds like Gruden not going for the new NFL by putting up with players that are holding out etc. 

Im not disagreeing with you.. but just to play a counter point...

would you trade Daron Payne AND Jonathon Allen for Mack? 

9 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Im not disagreeing with you.. but just to play a counter point...

would you trade Daron Payne AND Jonathon Allen for Mack? 

That’s a bit agressive, I would surrender a first and second round pick though. Maybe it wasn’t a wise for him to hold out this year with a new couch like Jon Gruden, maybe he didn’t want to be in the silver and black but regardless he is in line for a serious payday. Raiders have the cap space, captain for the team, fans worship him. It’s a bold strategy cotton we will see how it pays off for him. 

Archived