Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

33 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I think both AP and Charles are washed up.  

Even in their “washed up” state, they’re both better than Rob Kelley by miles.  Kelley is a scrub, who actually hinders our offense with his inability to impact our run game, and more importantly, our ability to run a competent red zone offense.  Do you really want to deal with “2 Yards & a cloud of dust” Rob Kelley for one more year?

They might not not have a choice but to sign AP or JC, because Jay Gruden’s job depends on how the team performs.  If we have a ****ty running game again this year, I promise you that we’ll be lucky to win 7 games, and I don’t have to tell you what will happen to the coach & front office if another losing season occurs.

Losing Guice was a pretty substantial blow to our offense, whether anyone wants to admit it or not.  If he was even half-way there to living up to the hype, we would be talking about our red zone offense, and running game being greatly improved compared to what we've had to deal with since Alfred Morris' first two seasons.  We need a vet who can get you those 3rd-1's and 4th-1's.

20 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Even in their “washed up” state, they’re both better than Rob Kelley by miles.  Kelley is a scrub, who actually hinders our offense with his inability to impact our run game, and more importantly, our ability to run a competent red zone offense.  Do you really want to deal with “2 Yards & a cloud of dust” Rob Kelley for one more year?

They might not not have a choice but to sign AP or JC, because Jay Gruden’s job depends on how the team performs.  If we have a ****ty running game again this year, I promise you that we’ll be lucky to win 7 games, and I don’t have to tell you what will happen to the coach & front office if another losing season occurs.

Losing Guice was a pretty substantial blow to our offense, whether anyone wants to admit it or not.  If he was even half-way there to living up to the hype, we would be talking about our red zone offense, and running game being greatly improved compared to what we've had to deal with since Alfred Morris' first two seasons.  We need a vet who can get you those 3rd-1's and 4th-1's.

Last year AP averaged 3 yds per carry for the Saints and 3.5 for the Cardinals and 1.9 for the Vikings the previous year, while Kelley averaged 3.1 for the Skins.  And 4.1 the previous year

6 minutes ago, carex said:

Last year AP averaged 3 yds per carry for the Saints and 3.5 for the Cardinals and 1.9 for the Vikings the previous year, while Kelley averaged 3.1 for the Skins.  And 4.1 the previous year

Rob Kelley on his best day couldn't lace the shoes of AP.  Go look at the O-Lines of the Cards & Saints, and then go take a look at our O-Line comparatively,  The Cards have one of the worst O-Lines in football, as does the Vikings.  As for the Saints, he wasn't used enough for a comparative sample size.  Remember his outburst at Sean Payton week 1 last year?  It wasn't going to work out there.  He should have NO issues with that hear.  He's going to get his chances, just for the fact alone that R. Kelley can't convert 3rd & 1's regularly.  When we're in the red zone this year, we're going to be far better off with Peterson than we would Kelley.

I'm not saying he's going to be back to 1400 Yard/14 TD per year AP, but if he's able to give you a 7-800 season with a 4.0 YPC and 8+TD's, he's going to blow away whatever Kelley gives you in return.

5 minutes ago, samy316 said:

I don't think AP is that much better than Kelley at this point in their careers.  AP averaged 3.4 ypc last year versus Kelley's 3.1 ypc, take away those two big games AP had and that drops way down to 2.5 ypc.  As I was responding I just read that we signed AP, so oh well.

I didn't want AP or Charles, but at least Charles was healthy last season and had 4.3 ypc last year in Denver and is former teammates with A. Smith so there is chemistry.  If we were going to sign either, I'd have rather it been Charles.

10 minutes ago, samy316 said:

I'm not saying he's going to be back to 1400 Yard/14 TD per year AP, but if he's able to give you a 7-800 season with a 4.0 YPC and 8+TD's, he's going to blow away whatever Kelley gives you in return.

I don't think he's going to give us 700-800 yards and 8 TDs.  That's a pipe dream.  With that said, I hope he does or even more as he is a Redskin now.  So there is no further need to debate anything.  We will get to see what he brings :cheers:

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Good segment on RB's now with @RyanWilson_07. Speculated that names like Mike Gillislee, Charcandrick West, Jeremy Hill could be cut soon. All better options than AP in my opinion.

0 replies1 retweet0 likes

But would any of those guys take a one year, no guranteed deal?

47 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Rob Kelley on his best day couldn't lace the shoes of AP.  Go look at the O-Lines of the Cards & Saints, and then go take a look at our O-Line comparatively,  The Cards have one of the worst O-Lines in football, as does the Vikings. 

umm.. Kamara and Ingram on Saints and DJ on cards would disagree with you. What exactly has Skins oline done for RBs lately that makes you think that we will have a better running game?

Personally i think AP is washed up and pretty much a 2down thumper at this point. Skins probably only got him because he was the only one willing to sign a vet min deal.

57 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Rob Kelley on his best day couldn't lace the shoes of AP.  Go look at the O-Lines of the Cards & Saints, and then go take a look at our O-Line comparatively,  The Cards have one of the worst O-Lines in football, as does the Vikings.  As for the Saints, he wasn't used enough for a comparative sample size.  Remember his outburst at Sean Payton week 1 last year?  It wasn't going to work out there.  He should have NO issues with that hear.  He's going to get his chances, just for the fact alone that R. Kelley can't convert 3rd & 1's regularly.  When we're in the red zone this year, we're going to be far better off with Peterson than we would Kelley.

Kelley's rookie year he gave us 700 yds so maybe not so much better as you think

2 hours ago, carex said:

He also had Blaine Gabbert as his QB for the better part of the year... I mean, do you guys remember when we played AZ last year? Gabbert legitimately put on one of the worst displays of a starting QB that I've ever seen in the NFL.

I don't think AP is going to come in and play at a Pro Bowl level, but we needed another RB, and like it or not, we are all in this year after the trade for Alex Smith. I am perfectly fine with the signing. 

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I don't think he's going to give us 700-800 yards and 8 TDs.  That's a pipe dream.  With that said, I hope he does or even more as he is a Redskin now.  So there is no further need to debate anything.  We will get to see what he brings :cheers:

He had 450 in 6 games with the 'Zona OL. I think he can get 800 in 16 here. Actually, that tracks for 1200. We'll see.

And, even in 2018, I think he's much better than anything else not named Guice here.

1 hour ago, carex said:

Kelley's rookie year he gave us 700 yds so maybe not so much better as you think

Just saw this, Incognito has been tossed around as a name to possibly bring in, Just one more reason to say NO. He needs help.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/21/richie-incognito-arrested-for-disorderly-conduct-threats/

"Free-agent offensive lineman Richie Incognito has had a difficult and troubling few days, starting with the death of his father over the weekend.

The Scottsdale, Arizona police department has confirmed that Incognito was arrested Monday on counts of disorderly conduct and threats arising from an incident at Messingers Funeral Home in Scottsdale. As of this posting, Incognito remains in custody.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Incognito allegedly created a disturbance by “acting erratically and making the employees feel incredibly uncomfortable” while handling arrangements for his late father. Incognito allegedly made a gun gesture toward one of the employees, and he said that he has guns in his truck.

According to the source, weapons were indeed in his truck, and the weapons were impounded."

Archived