Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

Not thrilled with having to find a RB through FA.  Of course, most of the best RBs we've had in my lifetime were from trades or FA.  Riggo, Rogers, Byner, Allen and Portis were all trades/FA. We also have not historically had much luck with our own high pick RBs (though that is a pretty limited data set).

9 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Vikings haven't really got a good hand in the draft. Would think they'd like to keep McKinnon, especially if they target Cousins as well. 

They traded up to get future superstar Dalvin Cook last year in the draft and signed Latavius Murray to a big contract last offseason so chances are they won’t keep him.

19 minutes ago, freakofthesouth said:

They traded up to get future superstar Dalvin Cook last year in the draft and signed Latavius Murray to a big contract last offseason so chances are they won’t keep him.

True, although I'm not convinced Murray is worth 5mil plus in salary. Could be one to watch.

55 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

True, although I'm not convinced Murray is worth 5mil plus in salary. Could be one to watch.

I'd be all in on Murray if they cut him.  I would've rather signed him from Oakland instead of drafting Matt Jones.  He's a monster.

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

I'd be all in on Murray if they cut him.  I would've rather signed him from Oakland instead of drafting Matt Jones.  He's a monster.

Was just thinking with Cook coming back from an ACL too, they may pay to keep McKinnon as well, will see.

Just now, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Was just thinking with Cook coming back from an ACL too, they may pay to keep McKinnon as well, will see.

Running back deep draft and they don't have a ton of holes.  Definitely have to wait and see what they do at the QB position.

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

We need to fill holes at every positon, except punter.  But I think my statement made sense.  Please let me know if it didn't. :) Thank you.

It made sense, just pokin a little fun.  :cheers: 

Honestly I don't think there are ANY positions that are incapable of being improved on, that was my point.  

1 hour ago, OVCChairman said:

Can you name one we're not 'weak' at?

I don't think any team is as strong as some Redskins fans want the Skins to be everywhere

1 hour ago, OVCChairman said:

It made sense, just pokin a little fun.  :cheers: 

Honestly I don't think there are ANY positions that are incapable of being improved on, that was my point.  

and that's generally the case everywhere.  I mean when the Lions had Calvin Johnson at WR I'm sure they could have acquired a better WR 2-4

I got a sneaking suspicion they are going to go cheap on the dline again and get someone like a Justin Ellis to fill the spot. Guy can't rush the passer at all but is a rock solid run defender and is a true NT. 6 million will probably get him and is that low cost option they are always looking for. It would however allow them to draft pretty much bpa if they also get a guard in FA but we shall see.

JP Finlay said in a segment that he doesn't think they bring Breeland back from what he's hearing even post the Fuller trade.  And Keim and others have suggested they aren't going to be pay top dollar for Zach Brown so if he hits the market and he gets an aggressive bidder, he's likely gone.

If so wonder if corner and MLB all of a sudden become in play?  Unless they are convinced one of the young corners can play slot and convinced Vigil is the guy to replace Zach.

though maybe a good sign?

Zach BrownVerified account @ZachBrown_55
FollowingFollowing @ZachBrown_5
More

Today was a good day!

16 hours ago, DC9 said:

Running back deep draft and they don't have a ton of holes.  Definitely have to wait and see what they do at the QB position.

Hopefully Tandler is wrong but he thinks they are riding the status quo on running back versus upgrading. If so, I think that's a big mistake. 

I would transition tag Brown.  But what I also read from Keim is we are unlikely to draft Ro Smith and re-sign Brown, which upsets me a little.  That would be a vicious tandem in the middle of the field.  But I'm a LB nerd, so fwiw...

9 hours ago, Skinsfan21forever said:

What do you guys think about Tevin Coleman from atlanta, we could try to trade for him?

If it involves picks I'm not for it. 

Also I heard yesterday on the radio from Loverro that the team believes we are set at RB.

Could be smoke, who knows?

18 hours ago, DC9 said:

I agree the draft is very deep at RB. We should really draft one in the second if the right guy is there. You can get real value at the position in this draft.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

I agree the draft is very deep at RB. We should really draft one in the second if the right guy is there. You can get real value at the position in this draft.

100% agree.  I'll be shocked, despite the reports, if we don't take a RB in the 2nd.  Unless a FS is there, that's the spot to take one who can start.

We'll see - this thing can go a ton of ways. 

20 hours ago, fordranger76 said:

I got a sneaking suspicion they are going to go cheap on the dline again and get someone like a Justin Ellis to fill the spot.... would however allow them to draft pretty much bpa if they also get a guard in FA but we shall see.

The wild card again this year will be the performance and durability of Phil Taylor. I have high hopes for his healthy return so I think that helps us to go BPA as well. PT was looking real good last pre-season. 

3 hours ago, DC9 said:

If it involves picks I'm not for it. 

Also I heard yesterday on the radio from Loverro that the team believes we are set at RB.

Could be smoke, who knows?

Loverro was basing it on a Tandler report.  The devil's advocate argument on RB tends to center on Jay really loving Robert Kelley.  I like Jay typically on personnel.  I heard the he loves Kelley rap before last season but if that still exists after this season -- I disagree with him on that one.

Archived