Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

http://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/need-know-redskins-week-was-new-nfl-mock-draft-maximizing-derwin-james-aibilities

The topic of Hankins won’t go away until he signs somewhere and even then, Redskins fans will continue to wonder what he could have done in Washington. The waiting game is risky for Hankins. Last year it worked out for him. But at some point, there are no spots left. The Redskins are one of the few teams that has a starting job waiting for him. After the draft, when teams have their D-line needs filled, the bottom could fall out of Hankins’ market. 

6 hours ago, KDawg said:

Smith is a better quarterback.

The key with signing Dez would entirely rest on: fit with Gruden and Smith’s opinions (yes the QB matters), cost, his demeanor.

This is one of my concerns.

Smith and Bryant have opposite temperaments.

Smith is totally laid-back, almost bashful.

Bryant is fiery, and in your face.

Does Smith have the composure to stand up to him when needed ?

31 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Smith appears to be one of those cats that are able to relate and get along with most people. Like that he’s a savvy vet that has seen and been through it all.

No one player, coach or even organization can harm the dude. He’d be fine. Not that I really care if the Skins got Bryant. I’m a believer in Doctson being a 8-12 td guy next year (similar jump ball ability of Dez, obviously much less proven).  

34 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

I would be so upset.  I can't stand him... he's basically TO with half the stats.  No thanks. He's clearly lost a step and it looks like he's a coach killer 

Ohhh but neither you or I have a choice lol..sorry man just my prediction..

3 hours ago, Rex Tomb said:

I would be so upset.  I can't stand him... he's basically TO with half the stats.  No thanks. He's clearly lost a step and it looks like he's a coach killer 

To be a “coach killer”, you have to first get coaches fired...garret hasn’t been fired, hence no coach killer ? 

5 hours ago, YoungTheShow1984 said:

Hasn't Garrett been his coach his whole career?

Wade Phillips was coach of Dallas for most of the 2010 season, the season Dez got drafted. Now I'm not saying Dez killed Wade in Dallas, but Dez killed Wade in Dallas. Dez is so scary, he'll get Garrett fired even though Dez is gone. :rofl89:

5 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Wasn't "fiery and in your face" the description of Vernon Davis back in the day, though?

5 hours ago, beachboy757 said:

Every player on this current roster is not an angel and the organization has people in house to deal with players like Dez

Oh...if he gets out of hand, he may receive a visit from Sua's "optometrist."  Gotcha

6 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Wasn't "fiery and in your face" the description of Vernon Davis back in the day, though?

Interesting comparison for sure.  I remember that game when Singletary sent Vernon to the lockeroom during the middle of the game. One of the craziest sideline moments of all time. 

I think Davis had an epiphany during that entire experience.  He seemed legitimately embarrassed and then immediately the switch-flipped in his brain.  Became a true captain/leader on that team and continues to take care of his body/play at a high-level into his mid-30’s.

I’m not saying that I do or do not want the Skins to sign Dez— but I do feel like if he lands with the right team, we will see that “epiphany” moment in his career.  I think he has more gas left in the tank than many people realize— but it’s going to take a re-focusing of his approach to the game. 

My gut tells me that we don’t have the infastructure or tenured leadership to get the best out of Dez- BUT, if he’s down to sign a 5mill 1 year prove-it deal... I look at it as a guy with great natural ability who finally has an actual chip on his shoulder. 

On 12/19/2017 at 3:39 PM, Voice_of_Reason said:

As an aside, no matter which option is chosen, I would do the following with re-signing players:

Kirk Cousins QB 29 WAS Yes see 45,763 page thread
Zach Brown ILB 28 WAS Yes Best ILB since Fletch
Mason Foster ILB 28 WAS Yes If he will come back
Ty Nsekhe LT 32 WAS Yes Very good depth
Bashaud Breeland CB 25 WAS Yes If you can afford him, wouldn’t break the bank
Dustin Hopkins K 27 WAS Yes Compete for job
Quinton Dunbar CB 25 WAS Yes Good depth
Deshazor Everett CB 25 WAS Yes Good depth
Terrelle Pryor WR 28 WAS No Not worth it
Shawn Lauvao G 30 WAS No Old
DeAngelo Hall CB 34 WAS No Old
Niles Paul TE 28 WAS No Old
Will Compton ILB 28 WAS No Not good
Trent Murphy OLB 26 WAS No Not a difference maker coming off of injury and PEDs
Junior Galette OLB 29 WAS No The time has passed
Tony Bergstrom C 31 WAS No JAG
Ryan Grant WR 26 WAS No Too tempting for Gruden to play him
Tyler Catalina T 24 WAS No Bad
Arthur Jones DT 31 WAS Maybe - Depth JAG
Chris Carter ILB 28 WAS Maybe - Depth JAG
Brian Quick WR 28 WAS Maybe - Depth JAG
Phil Taylor DT 29 WAS Maybe - Depth Why not?
Spencer Long C 27 WAS Maybe - Depth Prefer new starter, but he's ok
Kapri Bibbs RB 24 WAS Maybe - Depth Too early to tell

So, this was my post from December 19.

Apart from Cousins and Bree, who’s still hanging out there I think, I came pretty close...

good or bad, that’s what I suggested. Which included lettering Long, Murphy and Grant walk.  So I guess I can’t (and to my recallecrion I didn’t) bash them for that... 

the thing I couldn’t predict was trading for Smith and losing Fuller.

Regarding the Dez situation, if all the NFC East teams (us, giants, eagles) aren’t interested in signing Dez, then they must know something that us fans don’t (about his attitude maybe, or him just not having the talent anymore?). If everyone in the division isn’t rushing to sign him, im fine with Bruce not giving him a call.

who knows, maybe things will change post draft ??‍♂️ 

Archived