Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

28 minutes ago, Mr.Will said:

You’re confusing??..How does grabbing the BPA at any position translate to that player “sending a player or that stays on the bench initially while someone else plays”..If we get the BPA they why the hell would he be on any bench,he’d ABSOLUTELY be in the game-That’s the whole point or am do I understand the game totally wrong-lol??????..or if the player drafted sends a “quality player” to the bench???..Uuuuh,he obviously ain’t that quality if he’s out played an benched in the first place now would he??..I want this team to not only win but quit being the butt of the football world as well,for being know as being competent and making wise decisions thruout all phases of the game..Who cares if it sends someone to the bench,I could give a rats ass if you agree with me or not..I simply want the best on the field playing,idc how it happens!!!!!

Vernon Davis is a good TE, even if he is aging.  When Jordan Reed is healthy Davis is on the bench

I'd rather draft a player that puts Phil Taylor or Ziggy Hood or Arie Kouandijo to the bench than someone who makes Foster a backup for example

11 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

The way DJ talked about Fuller when he left, sounding as if we lost a future HOFer, ya'd think DJ would be all over taking a DB with the 1st pick :rofl89:

Hate to state the obvious, but Fuller was already on the team.  Creating that void, and then trying to fill it instead of targeting a Dlineman... I can see where he’s coming from.  

Of course, maybe that smiling, yellow round guy rolling on the floor meant you were just joking around... in which case, carry on. :)

4 hours ago, carex said:

it's not desperation unless there's no one of first round quality available at a position of need

I would hope our FO is tiering guys more specifically than by round.  

2 hours ago, carex said:

I only want to get someone who will make us better right away.  Not someone who will send a quality player to the bench, or who will stay on the bench initially while someone else plays, so I don't agree with you

Is this a general theory of yours, or is it (more of?) a byproduct of the team seemingly going with a ‘win now’ mentality?

36 minutes ago, carex said:

Vernon Davis is a good TE, even if he is aging.  When Jordan Reed is healthy Davis is on the bench

I'd rather draft a player that puts Phil Taylor or Ziggy Hood or Arie Kouandijo to the bench than someone who makes Foster a backup for example

I get it..

I must admit, I am amazed that no one has signed Breeland yet. He was inconsistent, but there should have been plenty of teams willing to gamble on it, especially this late in the game when his price should have dropped somewhat.

The Giants went from the 2nd ranked run defense by DVOA in 2016 to the 25th ranked run defense by DVOA last year. 

The Colts went from the 32nd ranked run defense by DVOA in 2016 to the 10th ranked run defense by DVOA last year.  

Not saying that is all on Hankins, but it’s likely that the Colts will go back to the bottom of the barrel in run defense this season. The team who signs Hankins will probably see dramatic improvement. 

Redskins had the 29th ranked run defense by DVOA last year (had the 6th ranked pass defense). 

Just. Sign. The. Man. 

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

The Giants went from the 2nd ranked run defense by DVOA in 2016 to the 25th ranked run defense by DVOA last year. 

The Colts went from the 32nd ranked run defense by DVOA in 2016 to the 10th ranked run defense by DVOA last year.  

Not saying that is all on Hankins, but it’s likely that the Colts will go back to the bottom of the barrel in run defense this season. The team who signs Hankins will probably see dramatic improvement. 

Redskins had the 29th ranked run defense by DVOA last year (had the 6th ranked pass defense). 

Just. Sign. The. Man. 

Now that Logan is off the market, I would expect Hankins to be signed by a team in the next few days. And hopefully that team is the Redskins. 

HTTR 

Call me greedy. Call me needy... (just call me, I’ll pick up)

But I want HANKINS... with a side of PAYNE TRAIN at #13

DL is the new QB— I went to the first home game this year and saw that 9-wide in action.  I turned to my girl, smacked the nachos out of her hand and said “baby, keep it tight- ur only 27” — THEN I told her the green team kept substituting more and more big boys on the D-Line. 

We lost that game on a bull**** call IMO, (and many green team fans in my section agreed with me) but I walked out of that stadium with one undeniable thought in my head:

That DL is good enough to carry any team to the SB.

#HANKSKINS

#PAYNESKINS

5 hours ago, NickyJ said:

I must admit, I am amazed that no one has signed Breeland yet. He was inconsistent, but there should have been plenty of teams willing to gamble on it, especially this late in the game when his price should have dropped somewhat.

Think it's 100% about injury. Teams will throw him a super low offer now and Breeland agent probably said: let the foot heal, get in shape and then sign a one year deal early pre-season. Probably one team will lose a starting corner so you can get good money, start this year and earn good deal next off-season. 

7 hours ago, skinny21 said:

I would hope our FO is tiering guys more specifically than by round.  

Is this a general theory of yours, or is it (more of?) a byproduct of the team seemingly going with a ‘win now’ mentality?

general theory.  Basically it's BPA at a position of need

55 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Is today the day we sign J Hankins?  Have a gut feeling we get the gift today... 

I think he'll pick a team this week. I still wonder if a return to the Giants is simmering away in the background.

1 hour ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Is today the day we sign J Hankins?  Have a gut feeling we get the gift today... 

You'd think he'd want to sign before the draft because his stock will go down a little more after it.  He's losing leverage with each DT signing.  There will always be room for a DT who is very good/great at stopping the run.  On the other hand, these teams aren't buying what his agent is selling right now.

Time and chance seem to be moving Hankins and the Redskins on a collision course.  They should be talking to each other right now trying to make a deal.  At this point, I would be a little upset if Allen doesn't get a deal done.  

The Redskins have a significant need at Hankins' position.  And Hankins would be a significant upgrade, not to mention the flexibility it gives the Redskins in the upcoming draft.

As far as Hankins, the latest this will go is Sunday. Next Monday is the start of offseason workouts for most teams (those with new coaches can start today, like the Giants). The offseason workouts are a chance for the team to see how the veterans look one last time before possibly drafting their replacements.

12 hours ago, Mr.Will said:

From reports I’ve read(it was posted a few pages back)but that’s “supposedly the hold up with signing him..we only offered a year and he is asking for multiple

If he wants longer term over bigger single year, 3 year 26 mill would work. Puts our cap hit at a manageable number and gives him the security he seeks.

11 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

If he wants longer term over bigger single year, 3 year 26 mill would work. Puts our cap hit at a manageable number and gives him the security he seeks.

It's alright putting out these numbers for Hankins but we have to remember we've got tight**** Allen running the show. Hankins in my opinion would put our DL amongst the best and we could go DB or LB in 1st round. But Allen knows best ?????

HTTR 

2 hours ago, carex said:

general theory.  Basically it's BPA at a position of need

That’s cool.  Seems like the way you addressed it initially, you wouldn’t for example, have drafted a 1st round receiver the year Garçon and Jackson were set to be FAs.  That you wouldn’t draft Smith this year even though Brown’s cap numbers shoots up the next two years, or a high end TE this year even though moving on from Reed and Davis might be smart/necessary next year.  Know what I mean?

Just sign Hankins already........the wait is frustrating.  I want Hankins and I want us to use our first round pick on either Veta Vea or Payne and our second round pick on the best LB or G available.  Also trade a pick to the Bears for Howard, was reading some speculate that it could take as low as a 3rd round pick or even a 4th or 5th.  If that's the case, offer our 4th or one 5th, hell if needed both 5th round picks (since we got two ior the Cravens trade.  

That would be a great off-season/draft imo.  Hankins, Veta Vea/Payne, LB/G and Howard.  

Archived