Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

I’m bored..Watching highlights from our projected draft picks and real talk,I’m studying Payne and Vea real close..Vea is no slouch at all but if I’m choosing between the two I’m grabbing Payne allll day long..he just seemed to be where the ball is and only being 20 yrs old is crazy at how dominant the kid was at an even younger age..Definitely someone who could lead our line for many years!!..just my thoughts on it!

Even though the Skins probably won't be serious contenders this year, no doubt it will be fun and exciting to sit back and watch the Vikings, Rams, and Eagles battle it out, with the most brutal intensity. And that's not even counting the Packers, the 9ers, and other teams who could bounce back this year. NFC is mad strong right now.

And all 3 of the top teams are under huge pressure to win it this year,

Eagles - because if you win it with Foles, you have to win it with Wentz.

Rams - all those one year rentals and cap hits

Vikes - Cuz, and his guaranteed 80 Mill, is supposed to be the missing piece to a perfectly built team around him.

So if any of them don't win it all, it's utter fail.

And a crazy scheduling phenomenon has each of those 3 teams, plays the other 2 in the group.

Patriots trade a young productive WR for a 1st round pick, which is essential building for the future, while we keep resigning non-productive guys that are coming off injury.

Winning formula right here boys. Patriots can learn a few things from us.

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:
So Belichick trades a 31st overall pick for Brandin Cooks, plays him on cheap for a year and gets a 23rd for him this draft. Winning.
3:17 PM - 3 Apr 2018

Meanwhile, we trade two #1s for RG3 and lose him for ziltch. Then we miraculously find a decent QB in the 4th round and get ziltch for him also. 

Got nothing for Orakpo, Garcon, Jackson and whoever else that will be added to this pathetic list beause we do no have any foresight. 

26 minutes ago, dyst said:

Patriots trade a young productive WR for a 1st round pick, which is essential building for the future, while we keep resigning non-productive guys that are coming off injury.

Why would they want to learn something from us? Shouldn’t it be the other way around?? ??

To be fair, the Patriots kind of have a load of players that they can win with any combination of. If we had traded a 1st for Brandon Cooks last year, and then traded him to another team this year, you KNOW there would be complaints that we could have used a 1st round draft pick on a position we desperately needed help at. Like, I dunno, D-Line? Bah, who needs a 1st round draft pick anyway? ?

As for trading away our players... Brandon Cooks is YOUNG. Half of ES wanted one or both of Garcon and DJax gone because they'd cost too much at too old an age. And after saying that, we're immediately supposed to spin around and trade them for 1st or 2nd round picks? :rofl89:

6 hours ago, dyst said:

It would help if we had any young productive players that could fetch a #1 pick.

7 hours ago, dyst said:

Meanwhile, we trade two #1s for RG3 and lose him for ziltch. Then we miraculously find a decent QB in the 4th round and get ziltch for him also. 

Got nothing for Orakpo, Garcon, Jackson and whoever else that will be added to this pathetic list beause we do no have any foresight. 

Just stop it. Here's the trade the Eagles made to get Carson Wentz. It's comparable. The Eagles under Chip Kelly were considered a talent bottom dweller. Two years later they won the Superbowl... with Wentz on the shelf just like RGIII. It wasn't the trade. Again, look at what the Eagles' gave up.

No. 8 (traded to TEN, OT Jack Conklin)
Third-round pick (traded to CAR, CB Daryl Worley)
Fourth-round pick (traded to OAK, QB Connor Cook)
First-round pick in '17
Second-round pick in '18

I know we like ****ing about the RGIII trade, but the problem was not the trade so much that he busted and we did a bunch wrong after that. More, we got screwed by a salary cap penalty that hamstrung the team because we signed players to league approved contracts.

I'm not a fan of the Taylor signing. I was ok with it a few years back when he was younger but as he ages its less of a return. So at best we're going to wind up with a JR type situation where he plays balls out and we don't re-sign him because he's too old and injury prone.

I'm not saying Francis is a world beater or even has Taylor's upside, but he is 3 years younger. I'd have him as the April 4th starting NT and be lining up that competition right now to both get younger and better. I'd be looking at him vs Mbu and Scandrick, but I'd also look in the draft - especially guys like Settle, Harrison Phillips or BJ Hill and (potential) UDFA guys like Hector.....but thats for another thread.

In the end though this is comparable to the last two FA pickups we've done where its older guys competing for a roster spot on team friendly deals. I just hope that we give our young guys (either guys we have now or guys we sign later in April) the time and opportunities to grow and play.

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

Just stop it. Here's the trade the Eagles made to get Carson Wentz. It's comparable. The Eagles under Chip Kelly were considered a talent bottom dweller. Two years later they won the Superbowl... with Wentz on the shelf just like RGIII. It wasn't the trade. Again, look at what the Eagles' gave up.

No. 8 (traded to TEN, OT Jack Conklin)
Third-round pick (traded to CAR, CB Daryl Worley)
Fourth-round pick (traded to OAK, QB Connor Cook)
First-round pick in '17
Second-round pick in '18

I know we like ****ing about the RGIII trade, but the problem was not the trade so much that he busted and we did a bunch wrong after that. More, we got screwed by a salary cap penalty that hamstrung the team because we signed players to league approved contracts.

okay, so also include that in the incompetence list for this team. Do you see a trend though? Whether its drafting, FA, trades, injury, game planning or whatever....we screw it up.

19 hours ago, PF Chang said:

Don't know why we need to bash Jordan Reed. Yeah he's injury prone, it's not like he's happy about that. Played with a separated shoulder against Dallas on Thanksgiving. 

I'm all for jokes about putting him in bubble wrap on the sidelines. I'm not for trading one of our most talented players for a 7th or whatever. 

Agreed. Cooley said you are not going to get anything for a him unless he plays as he is a damn good player. So if Reed plays all 16 games in 2018 then you can think about trading him in 2019 for a reasonable higher pick. 

32 minutes ago, zskins said:

Agreed. Cooley said you are not going to get anything for a him unless he plays as he is a damn good player. So if Reed plays all 16 games in 2018 then you can think about trading him in 2019 for a reasonable higher pick. 

That’s my thinking as well - don’t sell low.  Give him a chance this year and you have the possibility of trading or getting a comp pick for him next year.  Also gives us a year to see how Sprinkle develops and perhaps (hopefully) a rookie as well.  

Trading/cutting him this year also means a serious cap hit - and very little potential savings.  

Plug for the Cooley Jay Gruden conversation they podcasted today. Really good interview on 980

1 minute ago, hatchetwound said:

Just throwing this out there:

Giants want 2 firsts for OBJ

The patriots now have 2 firsts and a need for a WR

Heard a few analyst talking about this and they all think there is no way they want OBJ. Teams don’t give up draft picks like that and pay the guy huge money. Pretty much everyone thinks that they are going after a QB

About the Rams trade they are really testing the idea of Free Agency. With so many of these guys on one year deals it’s the first time that a team used its cap space like that. If they don’t win it all this year they have a ton of cap space for next year and trying it again. Those dream teams of the past signed guys to back loaded contracts and didn’t sign a bunch of guys to one year deals. They are trying something different and I like it. 

Archived