Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

35 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think a safety signing would be a surprise.   I recall a little talk earlier about a safety who could play the slot.  But I presume that's gone away after signing Scandrick.  I don't see how any of the big name safety types would play here since we already got two starters in play.  But I don't know maybe a cheap Jeron Johnson, Bruton type for depth?

Please don't ever mention Bruton here again. lol. 

But to your point, I think we've got a baller in Montae if he can stay healthy. Everett got resigned and who knows whats up with Su' Cravens. Of course there is DJ. But for me the big ugly(s) (as doc walker so eloquently named them) are the key to this defense (or any defense for that matter). If the Redskins can shore up the interior line on both sides of the ball, this team becomes competitive with a chance to win many games. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Will said:

Lmfao!!!..that Guy!!

That did look a little suspect. Kinda sitting like the guy some of you claim him to be....

images.jpg

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Before J. Allen went on IR, the Skins ranked #13 in yards per rush attempt allowed. They were allowing 3.9 ypa.

That was against teams who ended up ranking #1, #3, #7 and #11 in terms of rushing yards per attempt.

After J. Allen went on IR, The Skins ranked #30 in yards per rush attempt allowed. They were allowing 4.7 ypa.

That was against teams who ranked #1, #3 (two teams), #14, #19, #22 (two teams), #25, and #31

EDIT: I didn't count the 49ers on either side of J. Allen's injury because I believe Allen played the first half and then left in the 2nd half injured. If I got that wrong let me know.

Not to rain on a pro post but I’m a stickler for honesty.  

Allen was injured in week 6. When he went on IR doesn’t matter, once he got injured he didn’t play anymore. Ranks next to team names

Eagles 4th

Rams 7th

Raiders 13th

Chiefs 1st

Week 5 was a bye

49ers week 6 he didn’t record a single tackle so I agree throw the game out

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/sort/yardsPerRushAttempt

Since we are talking that in those weeks the Chiefs rushed for 168 yards on them, and the Rams feel four yards shy of a hundred. Now the Raiders and Eagles were stopped well shy of anything good for rushing yards of note and they did a good job of shutting it down. I’ve done breakdowns of the rushing yards allowed in five game chunks before and while the start of the season was better then the middle of the season it wasn’t that good

Anyway I’m pro Redskins and I’m not saying that Allen can’t help but in those four games he had only 10 tackles last year so I think we should pump the breaks on anyone pretending this teams going to shut down the opposing rushers next year unless some personnel changes take place and we haven’t seen them yet. Just my opinion

9 minutes ago, Mr.Will said:

He went to Tennessee for a visit I think but no contract word yet..kicking the tires I’m thinking so far??

Oh No..Taylorcoolley was correct,he went to the Bills,not titans for a look..remember thinking he and Murphy being back together! 

33 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

I'd love to get Hankins, but if I had to choose between him and extending one of our core players' contracts, I'd choose extending a contract.  Our players need to know that they will be rewarded if they do well here.  That builds commitment and chemistry.  You can't extend everyone, but players like Scherff and Crowder need to be examples not only for how they play on the field but for how they are rewarded for that work.

Agree on Brandon but haven’t seen nearly enough to feel confident about Crowder resigning yet. Receivers are making bank these days and he’s not worth 10+ per year. Still has a lot to show

9 minutes ago, zoony said:

Damn if the Rams end up getting Odell, wont matter who we or anyone else sign will be their year

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2018/03/giants-arent-shopping-odell-beckham-jr?fv-home=true&post-id=101945

The Rams are legit this year without him. That Defense is nasty

Interesting with the Rams signing Suh, they've basically relegated Dominique Easley to deep bench. Easley was already re-signed on a one year "prove" it deal earlier in the offseason. Except now he's behind Suh and Donald and Brockers. Mind you, Easley's hurt a lot too. But he seems like a good player when active.

3 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Not to rain on a pro post but I’m a stickler for honesty.  

'Honesty"? Wanna show how I was not being honest?

Allen was injured in week 6. When he went on IR doesn’t matter, once he got injured he didn’t play anymore.

Whether or not Allen went on IR immediately or a few weeks later doesn't change what I wrote. Doesn't change the breakdown of stats for the team. Doesn't change anything. So not sure why you focused on it. 

Ranks next to team names

Eagles 4th

Rams 7th

Raiders 13th

Chiefs 1st

Week 5 was a bye

49ers week 6 he didn’t record a single tackle so I agree throw the game out

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/sort/yardsPerRushAttempt

You must not have realized that teams were tied:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=RUSHING_AVERAGE_YARDS&tabSeq=2&season=2017&role=TM&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&qualified=false

Eagles 3rd (tie)

Rams 7th

Raiders 11th (tie)

Chiefs 1st

Anyway I’m pro Redskins and I’m not saying that Allen can’t help but in those four games he had only 10 tackles last year so I think we should pump the breaks on anyone pretending this teams going to shut down the opposing rushers next year unless some personnel changes take place and we haven’t seen them yet. Just my opinion

The point was how much better the defense played the run with Allen in, not that he single-handedly made all the tackles against the run. There are a lot of things DLinemen can do to have a positive affect on the run game outside of tackles.

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

I'm always leery of "Dream Teams" lol...in the NFL it's rare that teams like that actually end up meeting their potential,

Ditto, Skins used to try and do it under Vinny for all those years and then the Giants tried it a couple years ago and that didn't work either.  Heck, I think the Raiders have been trying it too.  Anyway, great point!

1 hour ago, turtle said:

This guy did some highlight videos of guys we signed so far..

So he wears #10 has a slight build and is fast. Desean he is not however. Jackson is once in a generation type of guy (like OBJ, like Moss). 

Put a highlight reel if a young desean and he was nearly untouchable in the open. 

Hope this guy can become close to what Jackson provided.

12 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Ditto, Skins used to try and do it under Vinny for all those years and then the Giants tried it a couple years ago and that didn't work either.  Heck, I think the Raiders have been trying it too.  Anyway, great point!

It got the Giants to the playoffs ??‍♂️ So they must have done something right that offseason. It just didn’t work out long term. Better than the eagles dream team of 2011 though ?

24 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I'm always leery of "Dream Teams" lol...in the NFL it's rare that teams like that actually end up meeting their potential,

Difference is the core of this team was already hugely successful in 2017, and no fluke, before adding these additional pieces.

So it's not like they're purely "paper good".

Not sayin they go all the way, because for all we know, Goff could be one of those playoff chokers, or they could experience a rash of injuries.

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Difference is the core of this team was already hugely successful in 2017, and no fluke, before adding these additional pieces.

Pretty sure the same thing was (or could have been) said about the 2011 "Dream Team" Eagles. Already won the division at 10-6, lost in the wildcard round, added additional pieces like Nnamdi Asomugha and Cullen Jenkins--anyone else remember how fans across the NFC East at the time were asking how anyone was gonna be able to throw against the Eagles dream team secondary? lol...I do.

I just read an article on tops teams that could be a top landing spot for OBJ..the Rams were #1 on that list..let that sit for a second,after the FA they’ve acquired over the last few weeks,a ton of draft picks,great coaching staff..and then throw Odell in that mix!!!..might as well just hand em the trophy now and save the wear and tear on all of our players for a year!!

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

The point was how much better the defense played the run with Allen in, not that he single-handedly made all the tackles against the run. There are a lot of things DLinemen can do to have a positive affect on the run game outside of tackles.

what difference does it make what a team ended up with in terms of rushing yard average end of seaso?

Do you not get that the rushing game across every season picks up the colder the weather gets? That’s not an opinion that’s a fact

The whole premise of this post was to soften the blow of how horrible they are at stopping the other teams rusher and provide some false hope when no one should have any. Like when this team beats the super bowl champions in seasons when they win 4 games and people pretend that matters. It doesn’t matter at all but people look for these meaningless stats and make too much of them. You have with your post 

rushing stats per carry, one team is at 4.7 yards a carry, another is at 4.6 with a difference of first place and eighth place. Sure it sounds good to say a team was first versus one that’s number 8 but point one yards per carry is the difference of one missed tackle and a busted play running for 50 yards and one team not doing that. Stupid stat imo.

You can make a big deal about it if you want but it’s not important which is why I pointed out you mentioning the Chiefs game when they gave up 168 rushing yards that game. Like that’s something that says they were good against the rush. That’s horrible

why don’t you break it down in games 1-5, then games 6-10, and games 11-15 like I did where it shows yes the best part of the rushing defense was in weeks 1-5 by like a hundred something yards not by that much. Then you will see what the deal is here and that’s this team desperately needs rush stoppers and ignoring it like they have done so far isn’t going to help or fix anything. Or you can say what you did and believe that this will resolve itself. I disagree 

I am not drinking the Bruce Allen doing a good job Gatorade. Or things aren’t as bad as they really are. 

They went into the offseason with one huge issue on Defense (stopping the rusher) and they have done nothing yet again to change that. Same as last season. I am not celebrating that. They needed to address this issue and they have choosen to ignore it again. Horrible job. Meaningless stats like .01 rushing yard season average ranks don’t mean anything at all

Just my opinion 

10 minutes ago, Mr.Will said:

I just read an article on tops teams that could be a top landing spot for OBJ..the Rams were #1 on that list..let that sit for a second,after the FA they’ve acquired over the last few weeks,a ton of draft picks,great coaching staff..and then throw Odell in that mix!!!..might as well just hand em the trophy now and save the wear and tear on all of our players for a year!!

Fortunately the game doesn’t play out that way but I get your point.

8 minutes ago, dyst said:

Fortunately the game doesn’t play out that way but I get your point.

Thanks for not over thinking and picking the statement apart..just meaning that the combo would,although very fun to watch-just scary in thought of teams trying to go up against that every week..if they could avoid the injury aspect of the game,they’d definitely be a Juggernaut to go up against 

54 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Probably because there really isn't a real NFL "dream team". NFL Rosters are 53 players deep and signing a few big name free agents (which are already from a reduced pool of players since most elite guys get re-signed) isn't exactly forming a superstar squad.

Someone already tried to claim the Giants were a dream team a couple of years ago. Really? Because they signed 3 guys to a 6-10 squad? The three guys were Olivier Vernon, Janoris Jenkins, and Damon Harrison? They made up a whopping 5.6 % of the roster. Up until that point the 3 players had combined for 12 NFL season and 0 pro bowls. And yet these three never Pro Bowlers made a 6-10 team a Dream team? That's like claiming the Wizards would be a Dream Team if they could only sign Clint Capela and Rodney Hood.

1 minute ago, Mr.Will said:

Thanks for not over thinking and picking the statement apart..just meaning that the combo would,although very fun to watch-just scary in thought of teams trying to go up against that every week..if they could avoid the injury aspect of the game,they’d definitely be a Juggernaut to go up against 

Rams biggest question mark is still the QB. Had a good year but still not 100% sure on him as he is unproven but yep, could be scary.

5 minutes ago, dyst said:

Rams biggest question mark is still the QB. Had a good year but still not 100% sure on him as he is unproven but yep, could be scary.

True,but with Mcvay in his ear every day will definitely improve his chances at becoming That Guy they need him to be!!..I was heart broken when we lost mcvay,I deep down hoped that he was going to be in position to take Jays job when that time came..mark these words..Belicheck next type of coach,gonna be the one that sets tha bar for years to come!!

Archived