Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

15 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I remember a few years back when Phil Mickelson really complained about winning a tournament out in California and after taxes his winnings were down to under half of what he won (or something like that). He was so upset that he threatened to boycott the tournaments out there from what I remember.

67%........hello Arizona. 

The writing is on the wall..Hank ain’t singing here,hate to let all those down who post every 15 mins asking for updates but if the man was gonna sign here,he would have last season-or would’ve already put the pen to paper the other day when he was here..I’m just being realistic to the fact and not gonna sit holding my breath,hoping & praying that he eventually signs..if we pick anybody else up,he’ll have a “Mc-something” if front of his name(since that’s the latest trend here lately) and he’ll under preform from whatever other team he was released from prior to coming here!!!!..just get a hobby to occupy ur self from now till the draft!!!

1 hour ago, Mr.Will said:

His skill yes!!..the actual player??...naw man,pass!!!...too much of a distraction!

He'll also have an extremely high cap number. The highest paid WR in the league is Antonio Brown. In Feb of 2017 he signed a 5 year, $68M extension that had a $19M signing bonus with 2 more roster bonuses totaling $8.5M. IMO Odell's deal will be over $20M/season and have around $30M in guarantees. 

I keep wondering when has a team won a Superbowl because of a dominant WR? I know Alshon Jeffery just got paid, but he was a part of a great offense that also had a great defense. Different situation than just building a team around an expensive WR. 

2 hours ago, tmandoug1 said:

O'Dell anyone? 

Only if you want to have to cut Norman and likely struggle to re sign Smith, Schreff and maybe Crowder. Luxury pick up and buyer beware.

4 hours ago, zoony said:

Here is your $2.2 million dollar san francisco home

I guess if Im a pro athlete, that matters big time.  

When we moved to the US I had a choice of living in the Bay Area or Phoenix given our office locations.

We liked the 'idea' of the Bay Area but understood it would be expensive - I did not understand HOW expensive. So I came out to do a tour of possible homes to get a feel for what my money would buy. The Realtor asked me the budget and I said "6 to 7". Meaning hundred thousand. 

You can see where this is heading ...

I was showed some decent homes - not huge, very close to the neighbors and no real outside space but in nice areas with a bit of space inside. Nothing amazing but I was pleasantly surprised by what my money got me. I told her I assumed this was top end of my budget and she replied that yes this house was currently on the market for $8M but had been on for a while and she thought we could get it close to $7M. I explained the mistake.

We bought a house in Phoenix.

1 hour ago, actorguy1 said:

For what it's worth 

Since when are the Giants in on Suh?   The Giants from what I recall have now signed 12 FAs and are right against the cap.  The have the top run stuffer in the league in Harrison and an up and coming run stuffing stud in Tomlison.  They are looking for more?

I think Hankins proablty will end up back on the Giants - initially i kind of thought he would go back to being burried on that  rotation abd  they kind of took Dalvin Tomlinson in the second round last year and he would be as close to a Johnathan Hankins replacement as you are likely to see. BUT they might need more beef on the ends and they are transitioning to the 3-4 base (JPP and Spag is gone) so I can see the logic - I just cannot see them having the $$$ but hey.. 

Either way i figure we will address the DL by the end of next month one way or the other ... It would just be so much better if we didn't HAVE to do it early in the draft 

40 minutes ago, Mr.Will said:

The writing is on the wall..Hank ain’t singing here,hate to let all those down who post every 15 mins asking for updates but if the man was gonna sign here,he would have last season-or would’ve already put the pen to paper the other day when he was here..I’m just being realistic to the fact and not gonna sit holding my breath,hoping & praying that he eventually signs..if we pick anybody else up,he’ll have a “Mc-something” if front of his name(since that’s the latest trend here lately) and he’ll under preform from whatever other team he was released from prior to coming here!!!!..just get a hobby to occupy ur self from now till the draft!!!

Hobbies are good occupiers of time. I could take one up.

But first I need to know something folks haven't spent time with... is Hankins signing here or not? :P  ;) 

25 minutes ago, Unbias said:

He'll also have an extremely high cap number. The highest paid WR in the league is Antonio Brown. In Feb of 2017 he signed a 5 year, $68M extension that had a $19M signing bonus with 2 more roster bonuses totaling $8.5M. IMO Odell's deal will be over $20M/season and have around $30M in guarantees. 

I keep wondering when has a team won a Superbowl because of a dominant WR? I know Alshon Jeffery just got paid, but he was a part of a great offense that also had a great defense. Different situation than just building a team around an expensive WR. 

I would argue many bad to mediocre teams have had a great WR. Cannot prove that good to great WR were good to great because of the offense.  I mean look at our offense in 2017 versus 2016 and even 2015.  One of the big differences was no great WR.

In 1980, despite the fact that we had pressing needs at offensive line, middle linebacker (a UDFA manning the middle?), defensive line, issue at QB, a fluid RB (at that point, Riggins was gone) situation and the first first rounder since 1968 (you would have to go all the way back to 1964 to find our last success in round 1), we end up taking a WR who ended up in the HOF (same as the last first rounder that worked out, although that guy was supposed to be a RB)!

12 minutes ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

I'd take the practice kick net over Odell..hehe

I would give up our 1st round pick for O'dell if we could assure he would sign a long term deal.  He is an unbelievable football player and there's not arguing that.

27 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I was showed some decent homes - not huge, very close to the neighbors and no real outside space but in nice areas with a bit of space inside. Nothing amazing but I was pleasantly surprised by what my money got me. I told her I assumed this was top end of my budget and she replied that yes this house was currently on the market for $8M but had been on for a while and she thought we could get it close to $7M. I explained the mistake.

We bought a house in Phoenix.

Where were you looking? Here's a nice 1,500 square foot home in San Fran. 3 bed, 2 bath. Still expensive at $1.2M, but definitely a capable home, and doesn't cost $7-8M.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/San-Francisco-CA/2090617037_zpid/20330_rid/0-1500000_price/0-5914_mp/globalrelevanceex_sort/37.962876,-122.212258,37.673223,-122.679177_rect/10_zm/

1 minute ago, Dexter said:

I would give up our 1st round pick for O'dell if we could assure he would sign a long term deal.  He is an unbelievable football player and there's not arguing that.

No doubting the guys talent. There is also no doubting the guys baggage. He is due 8.4 million this year and has already said he wont step onto another football field with out a new deal. What do you think is gonna happen with his next contract? Two years in you will be facing the exact same thing over again.

6 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Where were you looking? Here's a nice 1,500 square foot home in San Fran. 3 bed, 2 bath. Still expensive at $1.2M, but definitely a capable home, and doesn't cost $7-8M.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/San-Francisco-CA/2090617037_zpid/20330_rid/0-1500000_price/0-5914_mp/globalrelevanceex_sort/37.962876,-122.212258,37.673223,-122.679177_rect/10_zm/

We looked at about 4 homes. Around the 2,500 to 3,000 square foot size (Our home in the UK was 2,500 square feet). Cant recall the exact areas though the last one (the $8M house)  was not that far from the Golden Gate Bridge and a couple of blocks from the Bay itself. They needed to be within good school districts as well which as in most cities adds significantly to the cost.

We got a great house here in Phoenix (3,500 square feet, backs onto a a lake with a boat dock and within a mile of really good schools) for about half what that house you just linked. State taxes and property tax is much lower as well. For about 7 months of the year the weather is amazing. Of course it topped out at 121 degrees last summer ...

Thats a condo as well. We were looking at single family homes only.

Archived