Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

1 hour ago, gooseneck said:

Everyone posting here is wrong

Dammit, dude! That means you're wrong, which means everyone posting is right, which means you're right, which means everyone posting is wrong, which means you're wrong, which means everyone posting is right, which means you're right......

You've just created a paradox that will swallow our entire reality, so-

source.gif

3 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Dammit, dude! That means you're wrong, which means everyone posting is right, which means you're right, which means everyone posting is wrong, which means you're wrong, which means everyone posting is right, which means you're right......

24 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Oof. Did you go for the standard or the 2-day shipping on your new Alex Smith jersey? 

No.....I think I will stick with my old jersey.........players don't hang out long enough anymore to buy a Jersey.  But I will keep digging the the rings baby. I have watched every appearance.........great times. 

35 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Just an Antinomy

No need to get hysterical if they don't sign Hankins. He's obviously a target the fan base feels strongly about but there are plenty of options in the draft to fill that position. My one real reason I'd like to sign Hankins is it gives the Skins the flexibility in the draft to possibly draft Ward/Jackson/Fitzpatrick or a pass rusher. 

9 hours ago, joeken24 said:

Just watched the Scandrick interview. Fake as **** in my opinion. I want that Cowgirl gone. He just looks pissed about being here. 

http://www.redskins.com/videos/Orlando-Scandrick-I-Am-Going-To-Bring-Competitiveness/93805371-48b0-4da3-a0eb-a329bfeb83ef

**** 'em

He is soft. He used to run his mouth and back it up. He’s now just a mouth.

he was cut for two second year guys (who are solid), a late round pick who slumped last year and a failed safety project 

https://riggosrag.com/2018/03/19/washington-redskins-target-johnathan-hankins-leaves-d-c-without-deal/

The Washington Redskins, with around $8.5 million in cap space to use, not including the money set aside for incoming rookies, is barely enough to cover a modest deal for Hankins. Playing around with some cumbersome contracts could change that, but more likely than not, Bruce Allen wanted a cushion, and therefore, he lowballed Hankins.

8 hours ago, rumplestilskin said:

Where Bennie Logan at? 

That might possibly be plan B.  Have to wait and see.  Then again I doubt it because he's not a player that was released and he would count against our comp picks for 2019 so probably scratch that off the list.

8 hours ago, tmandoug1 said:

I love the whole "we need to be a winning franchise thing"......just checked, did you know that  only 8 teams in the history of the Superbowl have won three or more.......stop with the whining about winning franchise. We are a winning franchise........just not lately  ? 

A player in his 20's does not care that we won a Super Bowl in 1983.  To players today we are not close to a winning franchise.  

1 hour ago, MariusVT said:

If Denver is so hot for Cravens, I'd take CJ and a 5th, ha.

It'd be nice to have hankins but at the same time I'm completely comfortable with drafting vea or Payne for the nt role.

Wait?!?!?! 5th of what? Is Scott back?

WHOA, I WENT THERE.....EXCUSE ME!!!!!!!

As bad as I wanted Hankins signed, I couldn't shake the feeling that the deal would not get done.  So I am not surprised neither am I as disappointed as I thought I would be.  We can speculate all we want as to why it didn't get done, but only the parties directly involved really know. 

I believe they recognized that their run defense continued to be a glaring weakness last year and must be addressed this year.  I am convinced the FO will do whatever it can within reason to get a DT/NT to permanently address this ongoing problem by hook (free agency) or by crook (the draft).

For me, hope remains.

25 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Riggo's Rag really rips the Scandrick move coupled with letting Hankins leave.   I agree with them if that's how it ends but I think they are jumping the gun.

https://riggosrag.com/2018/03/19/washington-redskins-target-johnathan-hankins-leaves-d-c-without-deal/

This is really the thing. Many people are losing their **** and we do not know the details. Maybe there is good cause. But until we know details - Scandricks exact contract - what Hankins wants, it seems really premature to get too pissed. 

So many people over-reacting it's been kind of comical actually. And hey I am no Bruce Allen fan. I think they guy is a douche. But that does not mean everything that happens is because he screwed up. 

Until we know the details, it does not make much sense to get too upset. But I have to admit it's been entertaining watching people lose their **** over it. 

Archived