Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

34 minutes ago, moondog said:

Would MUCH rather have sniffed at bringing Breeland back than Scandrick but oh well. Bit of a headache but bugs me we’d let a homegrown guy who is a solid young player go. Especially after losing fuller. Holsey is a slot player so they may have a lot of faith in Moreau and Dunbar but I hate to see such depth and a strength turn into a thin and weak group. 

I don't think every player that leaves, wants to leave. I also don't blame the team for Breeland's departure. This was strictly business. The market for Breeland demands (by default) more money than the team can afford. As a free agent, Breeland could take what the Redskins offer, but that wouldn't be prudent financially for him. I'm not sure what the franchise tag was for a corner, but I think the Redskins have had their fill franchising players. 

42 minutes ago, moondog said:

Would MUCH rather have sniffed at bringing Breeland back than Scandrick but oh well. Bit of a headache but bugs me we’d let a homegrown guy who is a solid young player go. Especially after losing fuller. Holsey is a slot player so they may have a lot of faith in Moreau and Dunbar but I hate to see such depth and a strength turn into a thin and weak group. 

Bringing back Breeland at that price?? I did feel we needed to get a CB in FA, I think the overall disappointment is because you had an unexpected Hankins visit and we needed DLine help more than anywhere. In the end we needed veteran bodies out there in our secondary and he fills a need while we probably address it more in the draft..

In the end though the general rule is a fantastic front 7 will more than makeup for a crappy secondary than the other way around.

With the amount of needs we have, I hope we trade out of the 1st and find something like a pair of 2's in the 2nd from Indy to address glaring holes at LG, Dline, HB, etc. I can't believe I read something from ESPN saying we were considering bringing back Lauvao, I just...I can't..

What frustrates me is how we hear from so called "sources" that we are going to be aggressive and "fix" our run defense. But instead we sit on our wallets and do nothing. I'm not saying we need to go back to our overpaying every free agent out there , but when you have a 25 year old , run stopping DT fall into your slaps you need to sign them. Instead, the FO just waits and smiles as they collect all of our tickets money from the new invoices recently sent out. Maybe we still fix our D , but its been way too long since we actually had a respectable one. Getting old. Sorry to vent and as always...HTTR

Just now, Rocky52Mc said:

With the amount of needs we have, I hope we trade out of the 1st and find something like a pair of 2's in the 2nd from Indy to address glaring holes at LG, Dline, HB, etc. I can't believe I read something from ESPN saying we were considering bringing back Lauvao, I just...I can't..

God no.  We need impact players which you find at the top of the first most often.

1 hour ago, carex said:

Fabien Moreau, Quintin Dunbar, Josh Holsey.  All as young or younger than the guys we lost.  Scandrick is just there for a little experience

When did you become the Voice of Reason? 

I have been pretty FO friendly, even agreeing with approach.

But the Scandrick signing makes no sense. There are multiple blue chip CB's that will be available in 1st round that would fit short and long term needs. Further, if we went RB in the first and signed Hankins, going CB in 2nd would still have a lot of top talent likely available. Either way, the signing is hard to justify. I'd rather flop with Dunbar/Moreau/Holsey this year and know what we have than dumpster dive.

With that, I hope Scandrick can bounce back. Honestly, I liked the interview on the undefeated, seemed poised. But once these guys start doing interviews, they got 1 foot out of the game. Seen it with Clark, pansyass football is all you'll see.

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

God no.  We need impact players which you find at the top of the first most often.

When did you become the Voice of Reason? 

I generally try to be considering how many of my posts are in response to "THE SKY IS FALLING AND EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE!" type posts

as for trading back, I think the Skins can trade back a decent amount and still get an impact guy, since the way people are talking and trading this thing could be the QB draft at the start followed by the real draft

8 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

I have been pretty FO friendly, even agreeing with approach.

But the Scandrick signing makes no sense. There are multiple blue chip CB's that will be available in 1st round that would fit short and long term needs. Further, if we went RB in the first and signed Hankins, going CB in 2nd would still have a lot of top talent likely available. Either way, the signing is hard to justify. I'd rather flop with Dunbar/Moreau/Holsey this year and know what we have than dumpster dive.

With that, I hope Scandrick can bounce back. Honestly, I liked the interview on the undefeated, seemed poised. But once these guys start doing interviews, they got 1 foot out of the game. Seen it with Clark, pansyass football is all you'll see.

you'd rather waste a draft pick than sign a stopgap?

22 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Just watched the Scandrick interview. Fake as **** in my opinion. I want that Cowgirl gone. He just looks pissed about being here. 

http://www.redskins.com/videos/Orlando-Scandrick-I-Am-Going-To-Bring-Competitiveness/93805371-48b0-4da3-a0eb-a329bfeb83ef

**** 'em

I don’t want him here because he’s not that good.

All this fairy tale stuff that he’s pissed about being here, as if these guys actually care about the “rivalry” is well...

One thing for sure that the FO has done differently this year is stopped all the leaks..any other year we’d be getting a play by play directly out of the negotiation room as it happens!!..good for business but all the guessing is killing me!!

Just now, worldpost said:

.Wow.. People are losing their **** over a Slot CB stopgap signing?  He will be used almost as a player coach and will probably end the season as  Dime back if all goes well..

Thought we already had that in D.Hall!!..without the extra spot taken up on the team!

30 minutes ago, dckey said:

Why do many here think we can sign anyone we want.  If Hankins is asking for more than we can offer how do you get mad at the FO?  

Somehow other teams make it work to have better rosters than we do.  We want an FO that can make it work.  Plus, nobody knows what they can or did offer so assuming it’s just aw shucks, another one bites the dust, because the player is greedy is a bit naive.

I'm happy with the Scandrick signing....incentive based and you get a vet that knows the offenses in the division.  This was a win for us.  He has upside considering he can stay healthy.  Also, knowing Bruce, if he doesn't perform then he won't get paid.

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don’t want him here because he’s not that good.

All this fairy tale stuff that he’s pissed about being here, as if these guys actually care about the “rivalry” is well...

Oh no doubt he sucks. His fake interview just brings more to the argument for me to get him the **** outta here.

5 minutes ago, Mr.Will said:

Thought we already had that in D.Hall!!..without the extra spot taken up on the team!

Hall is currently a free agent himself, is three years older and has had a couple more injuries

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Somehow other teams make it work to have better rosters than we do.  We want an FO that can make it work.  Plus, nobody knows what they can or did offer so assuming it’s just aw shucks, another one bites the dust, because the player is greedy is a bit naive.

you do not actually think that better cap management is the reason other teams are better than us?

Just now, worldpost said:

Does anyone actually believe D.Hall will be here when the season starts?

Yeah, in an office somewhere at Redskins Park.

1 minute ago, carex said:

you do not actually think that better cap management is the reason other teams are better than us?

No, I don’t.  I think there are a variety of reasons other teams are better than us.

Calm down.  The Redskins front 7 was actually surprisingly good when everybody was healthy early on in the season.  I don’t think it’s the end of the world if Hankins doesn’t sign here.  Think about all of the free agent busts over the years that fans were so happy with, when they signed.

24 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

How would you rank our roster?

21 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

To me it's winning franchises that's making it work.  HB, Richardson, others are going to give deals to a team they have a better chance of winning with.  We would have to pay more for these players because we haven't won.  You really believe a player like Richardson would have given us the same deal he gave the Vikings.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

There’s a part of me that wants Haskins, but a part of me doesn’t. I remember us getting Wilkerson and Stubby and thinking these two together would do amazing things. Wilkerson turned out okay. Stubby was a bum. 

Hankins is a quality line man and a known quantity. Part of me wants to grow the position by the draft. 

While I wholeheartedly agree, we might be singing a different tune if some major talent at another position drops to our pick. If we could have filled this need in FA, it's a whole lot better to enjoy the draft and take advantage of top 5 talent falling to us..

Archived